“Location, location, location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #88 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Portland, OR
“Location, location, location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The Capital Hilton is centrally located and within walking distance of the White House and Smithsonian. We were upgraded to a king room on the club level. Very nice room. Definitely ask to be located far from the elevators as we experienced quite a bit of noise as guests were coming and going. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. If you usually use the Hilton Honors free breakfast, just note that the room is very small and you need to get in early to grab a table. Food options are limited, but adequate. Overall, the convenience of the location made the stay worthwhile.

Room Tip: Select a room on a higher floor for better views and request to be far from the elevator as it is qu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tarheelfan91

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I chose to stay at the Capitol Hilton for a recent business trip because of its close proximity to the office I was visiting. I got in around 9pm and was tired so I was grateful that the check-in process was incredibly quick. The concierge was very helpful in giving me a list of restaurants for dinner, but alas most of them were too formal/pricey for what I was looking for. I opted for room service instead. It came very quickly—in fact so quickly I was still out of the room checking my email in the lobby. Room service didn’t leave a note or anything so I had to wait for them to come back and the food was a little colder than desired =/. However, one amazing thing was the staff at the front desk. I needed to print a few documents but didn’t want to go to the pricey business center for one staffer offered to print it at the front desk for no charge. I know this is typical, but he even gave me a card so I can email him other documents I might need to print in the morning (which I did). Overall very satisfied.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

This was my first time staying at a Hilton hotel. I was pleased with the friendliness of guest services. Everyone was so pleasant. Check in was a breeze. The room was a little on the small side but very clean. It rained my first night there & my signal on tv kept fading out. I loved the black out curtains in the room...makes napping during the day AWESOME!! :) The concerge was great & very helpfl. We needed several things throughout our stay and the staff was happy to assist us. The housekeeping staff was great! The doormen were great! Everyone seemed to really enjoy their job which made my stay pleasant. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
Imane B, Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your Tripadvisor review. Your gracious feedback is quite refreshing and very reassuring. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to the Nation's Capital. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the historic Capital Hilton in the future
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Just got back from DC tonight awaiting hurricane Sandy in Rehoboth Arrived with semi-flat tire Mohammad the awesome door man saw it so I knew I was in for problems before heading home today after conference called AAA they arrived no spare tire; Mohammad cleared crowded area to allow tow truck to come and get my beamer out of there to mak's for new tire. He is prince and his staff is awesome I can't imagine a more difficult job watching all that craziness in such a small area. Everyone in that hotel could not have been nicer - housekeeper warmest greeting; breakfast women awesome and so was food; bar staff quick and professional and actually cordial to a 60 year old woman - me. Only downside was room facing 16th on fifth floor only flimsy curtains the heavy curtains don't move across them. Allows in more sound and light than needed. I guess cause gentlemen's club across street wanted to see us hot old ladies even if we were only watching weather channel and asleep by 11.

Room Tip: get room not low floor facing 16th st
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank patricia v
beachwood, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Biked down from the C&O and was worried where to keep our bikes. Showed up at the hotel and it was "no Problem" whatsoever-keep them with the bellman and take them out when you need them. Perfect.Besides that the hotel is plush comfortable, quiet and the beds are to die for. And the location? Pretty much perfect-lots of restaurants and just a short stroll to the the White House and Mall...Couldn't be happier with the way the staff accommodated us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank dbruening
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

It's a Hilton, nothing spectacular but great location. What it seriously lacks is service. In 24 hrs i have received 9 different room card key because they never work, i have had to wait to somebody to take my to my room because the card keys don't seem to work (mine and all others in executive floors. Today the guy at front desk seemed to barely care about my problem and my (obviously) bad mood (just minutes ago). Finally at my room... I have not a single towel. Yesterday cockroaches at the coffee machine, and the manager: "Really?" C'mon!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank ShrimpBucket
gbrown231, General Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Again I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced while staying with us. I’ve worked team members to correct all issues mentioned. Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to have another chance to serve you.
Hartford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I spent a week here in October. It is close to the White House and in a good part of town. Service was adequate. It is not opulent and fairly expensive but such is DC. I had an executive suite on a private floor (card access). Nice place with a sofa bed and second TV. Very quiet room. Bathroom small but adequate for 1-2 people. Bed was comfortable. There was a continental breakfast in the executive lounge. Not much else. I am glad I didn't pay a fee for lounge access. Not very exciting. Rarely had a concierge on duty. They advertised hors d'oeuvres in the evening but never anything out when I checked. Health club was attached and free to Hilton Honors members. It was ok but nothing to brag about. Again, would not pay for the experience.

Room Tip: Upgrade with points, not $.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business