There are many, many hotels in this area, so it has stiff competition. Overall, it is a perfectly fine hotel, but nothing special. It does feel far more like a "Marriott" brand than a "Renaissance" brand. It is not upscale at all, which is what I expect from the Renaissance brand. In summary, it is fine, but with many other hotels in the area, it does not stand out.
On the positive:
- Good location for business in the NW part of DC. (OK distance for sightseeing. It is about a mile walk to the Mall.)
- Sleep quality was excellent for me. I had an interior room, and it was super quiet.
- Staff is very nice and welcoming
- Attached to a very nice coffee bar
- Descent size gym. Not large, but has 3 treadmills, 3 elliptical, bike and a weight station. It is spacious, so you are not on top of anyone. About what I would expect for a hotel like this. (But, I would expect that in the winter with bad weather, you might need to wait to get access to a machine.)
On the negative:
- Lobby is quiet loud. It seems to cater towards the tourist crowd, so it can be quiet loud and chaotic in the lobby
- They call themselves a boutique hotel. If boutique is the same as unique, then there is nothing boutique about it. Not really a negative to me, but this is a place to sleep - nothing more. (I suspect they call it boutique as an excuse for the small size of the rooms.)
- Rooms can be small. This time my room was normal size; on previous stays my room has been small. (I think small is the norm.) Fine for a single person, but too small for a couple.
- My biggest complaint (and one that would cause be not to return): wifi is a real pain. I have free access because of my Marriott status, but it is painfully slow, especially when you need to sign up. Something not working well at all.
- Towels in the bathroom are well past their prime
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, relaxed elegance awaits you at the Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel. We welcome guests with thoughtful amenities and a prime location near some of the city's most popular landmarks. All of our 355 hotel rooms and suites are stylishly designed and boast goose-down bedding and luxurious Aveda bathroom products. Stay connected with in-room Internet access and Marriott's innovative Plug-In technology panels, or unplug in front of your flat-screen TV. M Brasserie, our signature hotel restaurant, serves fresh and flavorful American fare; M Bar is the perfect spot for a drink after a day spent exploring Dupont Circle. Planning a meeting or event in Washington, DC? Our innovative and flexible event space allows us to specialize in small meetings and ensure we cater to your unique needs. And be sure to ask our hotel Navigator for a few insider tips to help you experience the best of DC, the way locals do. Discover something new and exciting with every stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- m Street Hotel Washington Dc
- Renaissance Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Renaissance