“Friendly, Accommodating staff”

Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel
Ranked #88 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We just returned from a four-night stay at this hotel. It's a good location to get to Georgetown walking and not too far by cab to Capitol Hill, the White House, Embassy Row, the monuments, National Cathedral and other sights of D.C. I can't say enough about the staff -- very professional, yet super friendly and accommodating. Everyone from housekeeping to the manager were absolutely wonderful. Rooms were clean and well maintained, although not very big - definitely adequate. The service of this hotel is unmatched by much more expensive hotels. I would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for quiet corner
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Mike_Horowitz, Rooms Operations Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Hi winrock,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. Clean rooms and friendly, genuine service is what we are all about! Come see us again next time you are in DC.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This felt like a boutique hotel because the staff was so friendly and so helpful. We had an HVAC problem, but they worked diligently to address it. AND, when I left a critical item in the room, they shipped it to me free of charge! I felt like they knew I was frantic ( it was part of my laptop), and they worked until they found it. We would definitely stay again-- and will! Cc

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Hi Claudia C,
Thanks for the great review! I'm so happy we were able to turn some potential problems into Wins. I look forward to having you again!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in mid March whilst on a business trip. The rooms are very small so don't attempt to swing any felines in here. The hotel is clean and tidy but just make sure you're prepared to tip the staff at breakfast otherwise you'll be confronted with dumb-founded stares. I didn't tip as I couldn't see why they deserved a tip for pouring a coffee from a percolator! The location central with good access to all the sights and shopping. Got a good rate so all in all value for me I reckon.

Room Tip: The hotel was formerly a hospital, so make sure you ask to see the floor plan at check-in and choose...
1  Thank kleopapas

Hi kleopapas,
I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. We are a boutique hotel with clean, modern, cozy rooms that do tend to run on the smaller side. As for the restaurant feedback, we will share this with the Food and Beverage staff. Thank you for your candid feedback.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel offers great customer service. Employees worked hard to ensure our stay was perfect/ comfortable. It's in the perfect location for shopping, dining and entertainment. Our only complain was paying an additional $6.30 parking tax per day in addition to paying $35 per day for parking. The additional fee was not disclosed till checkout. Parking cost is excessive....this does not include tips paid to the valets for parking/retrieving the car.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank dxwcarty
Mike_Horowitz, Rooms Operations Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Hi dxwcarty,
Thank you for staying with us. I am glad to see that we took care of you during your stay. Friendly, accomodating service is how we separate ourselves from the other great hotels in Washington. As far as the parking fees are concerned, we are competitive with the other hotels in the area. I will be reviewing this feedback with our team so that guests are notified up front what the valet costs and taxes are. Thank you for this helpful feedack.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Renaissance Dupont Circle is the best kept hotel secret in DC. It is in a great location, within short walks of Georgetown, Dupont Circle and George Washington University and also provides easy access to public transportation. The staff at the hotel is friendly, attentive and among the best I have ever experienced.

2  Thank wandrews1

Hi wandrews1,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I will make sure to share this great feedback with the team so we can continue to be the "best kept secret in DC!" Thank you

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel is in the heart of Washington D.C, and is very comfortable. The rooms are clean and spacious and the service is OK. Breakfast is not included. Walk distance of the most important monuments and museums of the city.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Elvira R,
I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Good service and clean rooms is what we are all about! Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had an overnight stay at this hotel for business. A higher quality Marriott property centrally located. Only a short walk from Foggy Bottom Metro stop, this is definitely more of a boutique style hotel with smaller, but well-appointed rooms. I arrived well before check in, but they front desk was able to find me a room just the same. The bed was firm, but comfortable. Sheets could have used a few more thread counts for this level hotel, but still soft enough. The bathroom was small, but the vanity was appropriately sized and it was easy to move around. The shower was great with excellent water pressure and plenty of hot water. Towels were like the sheets, could have been a bit softer, but still very good. I used room service, which said it would take 25 minutes and they were spot on. Try the braised beef rib quesadillas. Yum!! The television had more than average number of channels including a couple of HBO’s and all of the ESPN’s. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Concierge was very knowledgeable. The lobby/bar had nice seating for relaxing after walking around town. I wish I had been staying longer to enjoy the property more, but I would definitely return.

3  Thank Has2bJustRight

Hi Has2bJustRight,
It sounds like we were just right! Thank you for the feedback. We would love to have you back soon. The quesadillas will be here waiting for you. Take care