Poor experience with Marriott hotels.
The only 3good things about this place are an associate called Jamie on F/o, concierge and Location.
Before booking i checked with the hotel wether there was a non charge parking for their building, it was confirmed positivaly that was why i went with my car.
While arriving, i was welcomed by an orginally eastern european associate who seemed to be the one in charge of the valet department who had a very unhospital personality.
Check in process was fast and friendly by Jamie, bags delivered to the room shortly by a nice associate too however they should be carfule banging the walls and furniture of the place that looked newly refurbished.
In the lobby cafe, there was no waiter for 20 minutes, later they delivered stained menus and we had to go to the bar area to ask them send someone for th order.
Order was taken, after a minutes a man with a suit came to reconfirm the order, and 2min later
the same order taker came again to reconfirm a third time.
After finishing our meal, i explained to Jamie how my first couple hours have been and how unhappy we were, she recovered accordingly and made the begining of the stay better.
My friend joined the next day and booked another room for one night. We grabbed our coffees from illy and ordered to desserts from the waitress how came and apologized several times for the delay, after 30 min the order was wrong and offered complimentary.
On theC/O, my friend's wife did not have a valet card for her car as she claimed not to be given one initially, we asked for the car and explained that we never received a card, again the valet man stated on the top was very rude saying that this is not possible and she should find it.
Again Jamie had to jump in and fix and aplogize. While the car arrived, the valet same unhospital person asked the lady if she paid andasked for a proof after her confirmation.
This is not how any guest should be treated in a Marriott group hotel, especially if it is an in house paying a 35 usd a day for a car to be parked.
Management of this hotel should seriously look into training and look after the guest in a more proffessional way that goes with the brand they are managing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, relaxed elegance awaits you at the Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel. We welcome guests with thoughtful amenities and a prime location near some of the city's most popular landmarks. All of our 355 hotel rooms and suites are stylishly designed and boast goose-down bedding and luxurious Aveda bathroom products. Stay connected with in-room Internet access and Marriott's innovative Plug-In technology panels, or unplug in front of your flat-screen TV. M Brasserie, our signature hotel restaurant, serves fresh and flavorful American fare; M Bar is the perfect spot for a drink after a day spent exploring Dupont Circle. Planning a meeting or event in Washington, DC? Our innovative and flexible event space allows us to specialize in small meetings and ensure we cater to your unique needs. And be sure to ask our hotel Navigator for a few insider tips to help you experience the best of DC, the way locals do. Discover something new and exciting with every stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- m Street Hotel Washington Dc
- Renaissance Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Renaissance