The River Inn
$351
  • Restaurant
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$328
$287
  • Breakfast included
$238
$225
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$409
  • Room Service
$293
$280
  • Pool
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$404
$369
$463
$399
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$383
$335
$375
$271
  • Breakfast included
1,912 results
All reviewsfoggy bottomwhole foodskennedy centergrinderdish restaurantsmall kitchencoffee beanstrader joesfull kitchenlincoln memorialresidential streetwatergate complextree lined streetquiet neighborhoodtwo blockswithin walking distanceseparate bedroom
Reviewed March 3, 2007

My husband and I stayed here with other members of his organization. The location is great, and the rooms are spacious with nice towels and toiletries. Found the bathroom okay but a little dingy. Noisy refrigerator and TV. Nice vanity with stool. Enjoyed the bar and friendly bartender while having a nightcap. HOWEVER, our major concern was my husband's discovery of BED BUGS at about 3 a.m. (Fortunately, I couldn't sleep and had already left the bedroom!) The front desk immediately moved us to another room. I realize that bed bugs have become a problem in the U.S. even at finer hotels but this was my first experience with them, and I would not stay here again as a result.

Stayed: March 2007
13  Thank pbcouple
Reviewed January 26, 2007

We stayed 4 nights in one of the Potomac Suites so we'd have a view of the River & Watergate (and all the planes landing at nearby Reagan). Very nice and clean with lots of little extras that made the room cozy. At first I was concerned with being so close to a University but there were no frat houses nearby and it seemed like a quaint neighborhood. Large Safeway in the basement of Watergate bldg that has everything. First night we order room service b/c we were so jetlagged and even though it was good the tab of $60 was like being in London! They have a nice selection of restaurant delivery menus at the front desk and a 7-11 nearby. Only 1 washer/dryer on the 3rd floor. Kitchen was adequate. Nice to have alot of room for our son to run around. Old school faucets & fixtures in the bathroom but overall we really enjoyed and would definitely return.

9  Thank Jenny36
Reviewed December 30, 2006

I have just returned from 5 weeks travelling around the States and consider myself fortunate to have commenced my tour in Washington staying at the River Inn for 3 nights. A well-situated hotel, within easy walking distance of Georgetown and the Kennedy Centre, the River Inn was pretty good value for money.

Am surprised by some of the more negative reviews - my room was spacious, spotlessly clean and well-equipped. Front desk staff were helpful, and the restaurant, "Dish" was a good option one evening.

Would stay here again if I am lucky to return to Washington.

Stayed: December 2006
6  Thank Travel-happyLondon
Reviewed December 26, 2006

I think the River Inn is a great hotel. Our studio room, while not huge, was big enough and had lots of room to put things - drawers, closets, tables, etc. - which made everything very comfortable. There were also nice touches like an umbrella you could borrow, the newspaper delivered to your door in the morning, and some toilet articles not typically provided by hotels I've been in. It was very nicely decorated and had a full separate kitchen (everything except a regular oven) that made our limited food preparation totally convenient. The staff that we encountered was all friendly and helpful. The location is convenient - we were able to walk to a lot of things, and the subway was close by and a short ride to the Mall - and very pretty. Continental breakfast was included in our room rate, but we didn't know that until we got there because we were misinformed by reservations, who also told us our room didn't have a kitchen! I would advise anybody making a reservation to get all room and hotel information from the front desk. I would definitely stay here whenever I'm in Washington.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank MBSNJ
Reviewed December 18, 2006

Stayed at the River Inn on business and was my second time there. Overall a nice hotel in a nice area but this time the hotel cleaning staff stole my iPod. The management staff was incredibly unhelpful when I called them to discuss ( I discovered the theft on the airplane home) Ok place, nice rooms, but hide the valuables or don't bring them.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank jkdmiller