This was the third time we have stayed at River Inn, and I have reviewed it before, but I like the hotel so much that I want to review it again.
• Location: Foggy Bottom, 15 min. walk to Kennedy Center, walking distance to tour Georgetown, short distance to Metro station and located on a mostly residential street with pretty row houses and flowers. Metro ride to the Mall and other destinations is easy and takes minutes only.
• Room: every unit is really a little (but not tiny) studio apartment with a small but complete kitchen (coffee maker w/beans and grinder; dishes and utensils; cooking equipment), couch and easy chair besides the bed, nice new TV. Nicely furnished, big windows, all very comfortable. Climate control has easy controls and is responsive - important in DC in warm months.
• Bath: good lighting, nice quality towels, large "rain" style showerhead.
It is exceptionally pleasant to return from a day of activity to this little apartment, and having the kitchen frees one from all-restaurant meals. The restaurant in the hotel is very good, and all the staff are friendly and courteous.
We certainly intend to return to River Inn on any trip to Washington DC.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your The River Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The River Hotel Washington Dc
- River Hotel Washington Dc