“Will be my new home away from home”
Review of The River Inn

The River Inn
Ranked #10 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Our family stayed here during our GWU school visit. I have stayed at the GWU Inn also in the past, and this place is on par with that property, but a little less expensive. The location is steps from the Foggy Bottom Metro stop, and to the entire GWU campus, the Nation Mall, White House, Georgetown and other west side DC attractions. the room was large, two beds and a fold out couch, a full kitchen and living room. The only problem I had was the bath, which was small and not very modern. Check your bill , as there was a restaurant charge on mine that I did not make, but it was quickly taken care of. That being said, as my son has decided to go to GWU, this is where I will be staying for the next 4 years. I hope they have a frequent visitor program!!!

Room Tip: One elevator was out when we were there, so if it is again, choose a lower floor as you will be usin...
1  Thank FromAway67
Kacem O, Front Desk Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your kind review! We have recently refreshed our guest rooms, so I am glad to hear that the accommodations were to your liking. As for our “frequent visitors program,” we here at The River Inn reward repeat visits of our own accord, no need to fill out any additional information. Thank you for choosing The River Inn, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed in DC several times, but this was my first stay at the River Inn, and it was very satisfactory. Considering the quality of the accommodation the price level is moderate. I just had some trouble with the gas stove (not used to it) and I wondered if this is safe.
Location is very good. I like to walk and I walked all the way down to the White House (roughly 30’) and to Georgetown (about 15’). Metro Foggy Bottom is at 5’. I can recommend the Whole Food store (next to the metro station) with a wide range of organic products. With their much extended buffet, It is also a good alternative for breakfast our lunch.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

We here at the River Inn are very fortunate to be in such a prime location, we are just steps away from the Foggy Bottom Metro, and are located a midst many great shopping and dining options. I am glad the quality and price of our accommodations were to your liking. Additionally, I am so glad to hear that you took advantage of our on-site restaurant Dish + Drinks! Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I hope that the next time you return to DC we will see you again!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Went to DC for a visit to GWU. This hotel is an excellent choice. Convenient to the school, about 3 blocks from the metro. Customer service was excellent from the time of booking through checkout. Room was big (looks like former apt bldg): bedroom, large living area, dining area, narrowl separate kitchen. Bathroom was small, but there is a counter space outside of bathroom. Plenty of hot water. Clean, appearance as relatively new, kitchen had nice size refrigerator, two burner stove, plates, etc. Plenty of room for a family of four. Free wifi in the rooms. In the middle of the block of a tree lined street providing for quiet rooms. Will definitely be staying here again.

2  Thank searchinggreatfood
Kacem O, Front Desk Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you for your great review! Many GWU students and family members stay at The River Inn because of its close proximity to the school and our staff’s thorough knowledge of the area. You’re right; the building was originally an apartment complex, which makes the addition of separate bedrooms and kitchens very unique to our property. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed these accommodations. We hope to see you at The River Inn again soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff are all super friendly. Everyone says hello, offers great advice and were so nice. We stayed here three nights. Your a short walk (2 blocks) to the metro and The Mall and all the sights are not far off. The rooms are spacy, they have a kitchenette.

1  Thank markbgriffith

I’m so happy to hear you found our staff helpful; our service is what makes The River Inn exceptional. I’m also glad you had a great three night stay and that everything you needed was close by. We thank you for your review, and we hope to see you at The River Inn again soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Loved this hotel. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. The rooms were clean and newly remodeled. Really liked having a refrigerator in the room. The Metro was close, Kennedy Center was a quick walk, and we loved seeing all of the co-eds from GW University. Will definitely stay here again. Would love to see it in the fall when the leaves are changing. Nice area.

Room Tip: I requested an upper floor room which was given to us, but we gave it up in order to stay next to ou...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I’m glad to hear that you found our staff members attitudes to be welcoming and helpful; making your stay even more enjoyable. Everyone’s talking about the newly refreshed rooms that have beautiful kitchens. This time of year the local scenery is so gorgeous making Foggy Bottom a hidden gem in every way: very accessible to many great venues without the noise of the city, beautiful views, and flowers blooming. We look forward to seeing you at the Inn again, and next time you really will be a local!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here 3 nights and I did not like it. From the outside, the hotel looks very cute with the lights however I found the walking way to Wholefoods very dark and empty in the night. The room was spacious but not cleverly organised. The toilet was small but there was a long hallway to the toilet so unnecessary, there was not a mini fridge inside so weird. And there was also a bunk in a mini section of the room, very claustrophobic and unnecessary again. When we got to the room, it was very very cold, and then we switched on AC, it got heated gradually, but it was noisy. There was an electrical leakage in every outlet and switches and we got the shock every time until we decided to touch them with a towel. The bed was so small for 2 ppl and again there was enough space that is not used in the room. Of course tv did not work, there was the sound only. the woman at the reception was very kind and gave us the directions about the place we wanted to go. I would not go back, it did not worth $ 224 a day! Try One washington Circle!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kacem O, Front Desk Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for your Review. I am sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay and prefer our sister property (One Washington Circle) instead. Your feedback is important to us and the concerns you raised will definitely be addressed.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great experience at the River Inn! Kacem, Will and all of the front desk personel were very accomodating. Quiet, lovely neighborhood with a short walk to the Foggy Bottom metro. Highly recommend!! Great find!! The one and only problem was sketchy internet on higher floors.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad to hear that our front desk agents were able to facilitate a good experience and that you enjoyed the conveniences of the Foggy Bottom neighborhood. It really is a quiet gem in the middle of the District. I am sorry to hear you had some intermittent Wi-Fi issues which we are currently looking into, and hopefully next time you will find it more accommodating. Once again thank you for your review and we hope to see you at The River Inn soon!