The River Inn
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$328
$287
  • Breakfast included
$238
$225
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$409
  • Room Service
$293
$280
  • Pool
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$404
$370
$351
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$383
$287
Orbitz.com
1,910 results
All reviewsfoggy bottomwhole foodskennedy centergrinderdish restaurantsmall kitchencoffee beanstrader joesfull kitchenlincoln memorialresidential streetwatergate complextree lined streetquiet neighborhoodtwo blockswithin walking distanceseparate bedroom
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The River Inn has been remodeled with a modern design and has a clean, contemporary, but warm feel. My Junior Suite was spacious, with a dressing area, sleeping/living area, beautiful desk and kitchen. The room has plenty of warm lighting. While I didn't use the kitchen on this visit, I would on a longer stay. The kitchen was completely hidden behind a partition wall, which made the sleeping/living space very pleasant. It is a fine hotel for either a business trip (good desk, chair, lighting and WiFi) or a vacation stay.

The restaurant, Dish, is excellent. Attentive service and delicious food, with an interesting menu and a fine wine list.

All River Inn staff members welcome and help customers as a priority. For example, I walked to work and the door staff helped me willingly and knowledgeably with directions when I set out the first morning.

If I have a reason to return to this beautiful DC neighborhood I will stay at the River Inn again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PRS930
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Hello there! Thank you very much for the kind review on your stay at The River Inn. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. As you mentioned, we have been recently modernized. I love our sleek, new look, and I'm glad that you did too! I find our suites to be very spacious, and they are perfect for business trips and family vacations. It is great that you had the opportunity to dine at our in-house restaurant, Dish + Drinks. They have amazing food and service! Also, thank you for the nice comments on our front desk and bell staff, they are more than happy to ensure that you enjoy your stay and that you get to where you're going! Again, thank you for your review, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I spend one week each month in Washington, DC and am delighted that I'm able to stay at the River Inn. This is the total package; location, room amenities, facilities, staff service and on site restaurant (Dish). The front desk staff and bellmen are welcoming, friendly and service-oriented. The rooms (and beds) are comfortable and allow a choice for the traveler to either eat out or use the full kitchen to prepare a meal. With it's recent refurbishment, the River Inn provides a great alternative to hotel chains and real value for the price. I'm happy to say it's my home away from home.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Greetings, and thank you very much for your great review on The River Inn! We appreciate your continued business, and I'm glad to hear that we are your home away from home. Just like you, I see our hotel as the complete package for the perfect stay! Our location can't be beat, we have spacious suites with full kitchenettes (just like having your own apartment in DC!), great amenities, and amazing staff. I am glad that you have also tried our in-house restaurant, Dish + Drinks. We are looking forward to your next stay with us. Thanks again for your kind words, and we'll see you next time at The River Inn!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I try to stay at the River Inn whenever business for travel for pleasure takes me to the area. The location is perfect, the suite allows you to make your own meals and staff is very helpful. I was there in November and the room was a little dated and tired. However, with my most recent December trip, I found the room to be well appointed, clean, and the carpeting and bed linens and couch were new and the shower head was similar to what you would find in a spa. I will definitely continue to stay at the River Inn whenever I am in the DC area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mrauktisphd
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Hello, and thank you very much for your stays at The River Inn! We greatly appreciate your repeat business. As you indicated, our rooms were a little worn out before. However, as you saw with your stay in December, we have been undergoing a modernization process in our suites. I'm glad you got to see what our improved suites look like! Simple changes like carpeting, linens, and a new sofa bed make a big difference! Thank you so much for continuing to stay with us, we are looking forward to your next visit at The River Inn.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed at The River Inn in mid-December. Our junior suite was well appointed, spacious, clean, and comfortable. The location is a short walk to The Kennedy Center, National Mall, and Georgetown shopping. We tried the restaurant for a pre-theater dinner and had excellent meals. The hotel staff was welcoming and friendly. We will be returning to The River Inn and have recommended it to our friends.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan P
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Hello there, and thank you very much for choosing The River Inn for your visit to DC! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Also, thank you for the great compliments to our staff (housekeeping, Dish + Drinks, and front desk). I am happy that we all could be a part of your trip. Our hotel is in a great location, nicely tucked away in the quiet Foggy Bottom neighborhood, yet close enough to many of DC's attractions such as the National Mall and Georgetown. We are looking forward to your next visit, and happy holidays to you both! Thanks for staying at The River Inn.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was my first time visiting DC and this hotel made my stay even more enjoyable. The service (front desk) expectional, location wonderful near Georgetown , rooms are clean, beds are so comfortable, breakfast is fantastic and just can't wait to go to DC again. Would definitely stay at thsi hotel again, again and again!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mandy244
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Greetings! Thank you for staying with us at The River Inn. I am glad to hear that we made your first trip to DC a memorable one. Thank you for your comments on our front desk staff and housekeeping as well, we appreciate the feedback. It's great that you were able to try the breakfast at our in-house restaurant, Dish + Drinks, they have great food! I am glad that this hotel was the right fit for your visit to DC, we look forward to seeing you again sometime!