The River Inn
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$328
$287
  • Breakfast included
$238
$225
$293
$280
  • Pool
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$479
$220
$194
$351
$314
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$428
$335
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$389
$171
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
$502
Hotelpower.com
1,913 results
All reviewsfoggy bottomwhole foodskennedy centergrinderdish restaurantsmall kitchencoffee beanstrader joesfull kitchenlincoln memorialresidential streetwatergate complextree lined streetquiet neighborhoodtwo blockswithin walking distanceseparate bedroom
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I love the River Inn and stay there several times a year ( I don’t want to stay anywhere else because I count on the coffee maker and my sister lives around the corner). They usually spoil me as a regular customer however on this trip, I must finally admit, some of the wonderful things that made it so special have gone by the wayside.

First: The person at check in was like ice (not all the staff are this way). We had several dealings with her and we felt unwelcome. She seemed suspicious of every request we had.

Second: through the years the wonderful things they did that made it so unique are gone. Most recently the loss of the "welcome back” letter and cookie and of course missing was the soft brown throw blanket that was always a pleasure to sit with on a cold evening; No longer are there umbrellas in the room for rainy days; the robes too are long gone.

Third: Wear and Tear- it appears they are updating and repairing some floors and I am sure the room we stayed in is overdue for new carpet .

Fourth: The pillows are too huge and like a big lump of clay.

But you can’t beat this location if you have family in Foggy Bottom and like to come in at
National airport and metro to hotel, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank honestchobe
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Hello there, and thank you for your review on The River Inn. We appreciate your return to us on your most recent trip to DC. I am sorry to hear that some parts of your stay were unpleasant. We are definitely taking your feedback as a way to improve our hotel's operations, including the front desk and housekeeping. Please know that we are more than happy to provide items upon request for our guests, including bathrobes and extra pillows and blankets. You are correct in the fact that we are currently modernizing our suites, which are all getting new carpeting, furniture, etc. I do hope that you give us another chance, especially to come back and see the new look of the suites! We are looking forward to your next visit at The River Inn.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

The River Inn was a stab in the dark originally. Turned out to be a prefect place tp stay in a quiet and safe location just minutes stroll to all,the attractions,shops and restaurants.
The rooms are spacious and very comfortable,although we had extras staying on a pull out sofa (compliments of Hurricane Sandy) the sofa bed was very uncomfortable.
We ate in the hotel restaurant on one occasion and the food and service was very good.
Overall a great place to stay and recommend it as great value.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SydneyRossco

Greetings, and thank you for your review on The River Inn! I'm glad that you chose to stay with us, sometimes you find the best places as a "stab in the dark" option, even in situations such as Hurricane Sandy. Our location works out very well for our guests, I am glad that you found that convenient during your stay. I am sorry to hear that your sofa bed was a bit uncomfortable. We are actually going through a modernization process in the hotel right now, which includes getting brand new sofa beds in all of our suites! We would love to have you come back to us sometime so you can see all of our changes. Find out about upcoming dates and rates by visiting our website or by calling the hotel directly at 202-337-7600 (toll free at 1-800-874-0100). We look forward to seeing you again sometime! Thank you for choosing The River Inn.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have been in 3-5 stars hotels in Argentina (Buenos Aires), Bolivia (Sta Cruz de la Sierra), Chile (Santiago), Colombia (Bogota, Medellin & Bucaramanga), Costa Rica (San Jose), Italy (Milan, Bolzano, Chiavenna, Livigno, Canazei, Missurina, Sirmeone, Venice, Florence and Rome), U.S.A. (Atlanta [three times], Miami Beach, New Orleans, Philadelphia [three times] & Washington DC [four times), Peru (Lima[6 times], and, of course, Venezuela (countless of times), and I was surprised to find and have the honor and pleasure to stay in this hotel which I found to be the greatest hotel of all in terms of convenience - located just right near to all important touristic attractions -, valuable price - very economic for the comfort and attentions that we received -, extremely nice and helpful employees - from the door man to the housekeeping lady-, and very big and very well equipped suites. In conclusion everything one host can dream to find when looking for a hotel to stay during a relaxing vacation. My wife, grandson and were very satisfied with The River Inn hotel are very grateful to its staff for their kind, nice and efficient attention that we received. Congratulations to the owner(s), manager(s) and employees, you will last for ever. Needless to say that we will repeat our stay next year when we return to Washington DC for the traditional annual meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, which will held from November 4 – 10, 2013. We´ll never forget you!
Dr. Guillermo Comach
Maracay, Venezuela
Phone: 58-416-5432116

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GComach
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Hello there sir, and thank you very much for your great review on The River Inn! I am very proud of our property and staff, and I'm glad to see that we rank so highly in all of your personal hotel experiences. Convenience, as you pointed out, is a great factor in staying with us. We are close to many of DC's attractions, such as the National Mall and the shopping of Georgetown, as well as public transportation options. I agree with you that our staff is very nice and helpful, we do whatever we can to ensure you have a pleasant stay. We are looking forward to your next visit with us, thank you again for choosing The River Inn!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We were traveling with friends on a long weekend. The staff is exceptionally friendly. We ate breakfast everyday at the hotel and found the service very good and the food, as well. They are currently in the process of remodeling and plan to be finished before the inaguration (2013). The Foggy Bottom Metro is very close. We would stay here again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank dwight f
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Hello there, thanks for your review on our hotel! I'm glad that you enjoyed your time here with us. I agree in that we have an amazingly friendly staff. It's good that you were able to try our restaurant, Dish + Drinks, as well! I love their food. You are right in that we are going through a modernization process here at the hotel, you will definitely have to come back and see all the changes! Thank you again, and we hope to see you back at The River Inn!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The rooms are a little tired, could do with a fresh coat of paint & some new furntiure, but they may be in the process of doing this as one of the lifts was out of order while we were there as it was being upgraded.

The rooms are huge! Great to have a kitchen as we couldn't find anywhere to have a decent breakfast in DC.

Just a short walk from the Foggy Bottom metro station which has two lines, making it easy to get wherever you need to go.

Staff friendly and helpful. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BertieBear77
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Greetings! Thank you for your review on The River Inn. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the size of the rooms, and the kitchen as well. Many guests find the kitchen to be very convenient, especially if you're traveling with family and don't want to eat out as much. We are close to a lot of sights in the area, and the proximity to the Metro is very helpful for our guests. You are correct in the fact that we are modernizing our suites! Our guest rooms are getting new furniture and carpeting, we are already getting great reviews on them. We are also getting brand new elevators, which we are all really excited about. We appreciate your comments on our staff, I agree that they are very friendly and helpful! Thank you so much for your comments, and we hope to see you again soon at The River Inn!