I'm not much of a chain hotel person--I usually book in small b&b's or a boutique hotel. However, I just needed a place that was convenient to my job interview location. The hotel served its purpose for that. The room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. It was a little noisy outside. I'm used to that so it didn't bother me, but keep it in mind if you're used to a quiet sleeping environment.
For the most part, customer service was okay. The woman at check in was very polite and efficient. I didn't use the "navigator" but that seems like a good service. There was one slightly rude encounter with a cleaner in the hallway. I must have looked a little lost (it was pre-coffee), he asked if I needed help and I said no. If my answer came across as short I apologize, but he complained loudly about me as he walked away. huh? At least wait until the customer is out of earshot. Minor thing but it irked me. But for the most part everyone was great.
I didn't try the room service but having a Starbucks right in the hotel lobby is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the culture of DC while experiencing true sophistication at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel. When you arrive at our hotel, you will feel as if you have found a hidden gem amongst everything that makes DC exciting. Award winning restaurants, boutique shopping, CityCenterDC, Verizon Center, Spy Museum, Chinatown, National Portrait Gallery and the world-famous National Mall are all steps from our hotel but will feel worlds away once you experience everything we have to offer. Our newly renovated hotel offers five dining options, including a Starbucks Cafe, a vibrant lounge, an onsite day spa and Vida fitness center. Uncover the best of DC with Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, a luxury hotel in downtown DC that strikes the perfect balance of style and substance. Our hotel will leave you wondering how you can be so close to the Washington DC Convention Center, CityCenterDC, and Penn Quarter yet feel as if you've found your next great escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Washington Dc
- Renaissance Washington Dc Hotel
- Washington Dc Renaissance