“This is a great hotel: beautiful rooms, great bar and chill ambience, even with a conference going on.”

Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel
Ranked #80 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I dragged myself into RH Chinatown after a long day. I found myself in a beautiful room. Had a drink a beautful bar where I advised a father on what he should tell his early-career son (becaused he asked me), and then retired to my room to room service, TV and Florence + the Machine from the room's iPod docking station and alarm clock. Life's never felt better and RH DC was a part of that last night!

• Stayed: December 2013
Sharon L, General Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Obidimma O,

Thank you for your creative review! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your account of your experience while staying here.

I certainly loved hearing that you helped a fellow guest with his dilemma regarding his early-career son; the next time you are in town, let me know, I could use help with my early-career daughter :)

I wish you all the best in 2014 - I truly look forward to meeting you and personally thank you for the review!

Sincerely.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We came to DC for a business conference and choose the Renaissance for its proximity to the Washington DC conference center. I couldn't have chosen a better Hotel that purpose. What we didn't realize was how close this hotel was to everything that matters. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and incredibly close to great food, Chinatown, the national mall, and the Smithsonian museums. A 15 minute walk to the national mall, or a 5 minute walk to the metro that will get you anywhere in DC. We had a great experience in this great hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear ChrisA_UT,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Renaissance, Washington, DC Downtown Hotel. I couldn't agree more that, "how close this hotel was to everthing that matters."

I'm thrilled that even though you were here on business, you were able to take a few moments to enjoy all that our Nation's Capital has to offer.

All the best to you in the New Year - please do come back to visit!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip to the convention center. Just a block walk to it which is very nice. Very nice lobby and friendly staff. Close to some nice restaurants and Chinatown. A bit of a hike to the Smithsonian. The room was pretty much on par with others in the area (i.e. mid-200's) and parking was an extra $40 per day.

Dear Howard M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel while you were here on business.

I agree that we are conveniently located to the convention center and Chinatown; we are also only a few blocks from Metro that will take you anywhere you need to go within our Nation's Capital.

I do hope that when your travels return you to DC, you will again stay with us. All the best in the New Year!

Sincerely.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stayed at the Renaissance one night- nice room - very busy with patrons in a great part of town. Concierge was very helpful in suggesting a restaurant nearby. Had a beer in the lobby bar and service was excellent. I ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant and had the buffet - food was excellent with many choices and a chef for made-to-order options. Although the hotel was a bit pricey, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear millertime59,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am so glad you chose to stay for us for the evening!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed a beer in our miXX Lounge and you enjoyed breakfast the next morning in 15 Squares.

I hope you have the opportunity to return to DC in the future and you will stay with us again!

All the best in the New Year!!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed here while attending a confernce at the confernce center which is jsut across the street. The rooms are well equiped and very clean, although a bit small. The staff were friendly and accomodating. We had lunch at the pub here which was good and priced fairly.

Room Tip: Across the street from the convention center. Chinatown is 4 blocks away.

Dear Shelley R,

I do hope that if your travels return you to our Nation's Capital that you will stay with us again.

All the best in 2014!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

From our first step through the door to our last I was thrilled with my experience of this hotel. The staff were very courteous and friendly. The room was excellently appointed and the conference facilities were top class. The only downside was accessing the club level restaurant for breakfast and dinner, often it wasn't open as advertised and at busy times there wasn't enough tables. But really this is only a minor complaint. I would certainly stay here again the next time I am in the US Capitol.

1  Thank Chris A

Dear Chris A,

Thank you for writing a great review about our hotel. I am thrilled that you were thrilled from the moment you walked into our hotel with your experience.

I did note you comments on our Club Lounge. From time to time, we do experience large volumes in the lounge and it can get busy. Both Margaret and Beverly do try their best to insure every discoverer can find a place to sit and enjoy the lounge. However, we continually look for new opportunities to improve our service so we will be discussing further options in the new year.

Please do come back to visit if you return to Washington, DC!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is one of the most comfortable, best serviced hotels at which I have stayed. They have a nice gym as well. The only thing that would have been nice was free in room wifi.
The meeting facilities, the concierge service and the food were all top notch.

Stayed: October 2013

Dear HrayrA,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel.

I appreciate your feedback about how comfortable our hotel is as well as recognizing our amazing fitness center. We do offer free wi-fi in our lobby to encourage our discoverers to join us in our lobby which is truly conducive for conducting business as well as meeting a colleague for Starbuck's or a signature cocktail in our miXX Lounge.

Thank you again for the review - we look forward to having you stay with us in the future if your travels return you to Washington, DC.