“Did you know that service begins with an M?”

Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel
Ranked #79 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Naples, Florida
“Did you know that service begins with an M?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is part of the Marriott family of hotels. From check-in to check-out the service was efficient, friendly, and timely. From the smiling greeting we received from the parking valet to the courteous service we received from housekeeping, everyone seemed to have benefitted from a healthy dose of customer service training along the way. Geary, the front desk associate, acknowledged my frequent Marriott traveller status and did all he could to ensure the best stay possible. He handled all our questions patiently and gave us directions to local landmarks and restaurants. This hotel is easy walking distance to the White House and to Chinatown. The only negative is the same it would be with any other DC hotel -the cost for overnite parking ($45) is insane. This is a pleasant hotel with an eye on service......

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sharon L, General Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Serviceprof,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Renaissance, Washington, DC Downtown Hotel. As you mentioned, Renaissance is part of the lifestyle brands for Marriott International.

Many of our ambassadors have over twenty years of Marriott service and I'm thrilled you were able to experience their attention to detail and friendliness for that Marriott is known. I thank you for writing about Geary and that you also experienced our navigators - discovery is paramount in the Renaissance brand; I'm thrilled you ventured out not only to the White House but to Chinatown!

We'd love to welcome you back in the future!

Sharon Lockwood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I would like to give kudos to Anderson Wright & Raphael Malcolm! They provided me with great service. My wife and I have been at the Renaissance Wash DC Hotel since Saturday 9/24 for 5 nights. These guys have been extememly helpful and recognized us as loyaly members. My wife is an event manager and travels a great deal....now I know why she is so loyal to Marriott!

Great job!

Rory L. Tello & Jo Ann Tello
Austin, Texas

Dear Jo Ann and Rory,

Thank you for taking the time to write about the great service you received from Anderson and Raphael. Marriott recognizes ambassadors who exemplify our service values by awarding our "Spirit to Serve" award - we will nominate both of these fine gentlemen in your name.

Thank you again for staying with us and being loyal Marriott guests!

Cape Canaveral, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

From the pleasant front desk staff to the Navigator concierge, first impressions are wonderful. Recognized as a loyalty member and given a nice room upgrade during a busy onsite conference week. Beverly, the hostess in the concierge lounge on the 2nd floor, was always welcoming, smiling and genuinely seemed to enjoy greeting guests. Realizing I was traveling alone, she went out of her way every night to be sure and connect with me on a personal level. I hope the General Manager knows what a treasure he/she has in Beverly!

Dear QuiltNurse,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Renaissance, Washington, DC Downtown Hotel. I appreciate your feedback regarding the friendliness of the front desk and our Navigators.

I truly appreciate your feedback about Beverly who works in the evening in our Club Lounge. Beverly has been with Marriott for many years but was a recent addition to our team. I will certainly share your feedback with her managers, and, as the General Manager, I do recognize what a treasure Beverly is to our staff since I worked with her at a prior Marriott hotel!

Please let me know if your travels return you to our Nation's Capital!

Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a conference for 2 nights - I had previously stayed at the hotel about 18 months ago. During my previous stay, the hotel was being renovated - at that time, my room was very dated and needed work. My recent stay was a huge improvement! The entire hotel had been redone and updated - the hallways were bright and clean and the room seemed brand new and very modern. The beds were clean and comfortable, the room was bright, the flat-screen TV was HD, and the room was well-planned out with plenty of outlets, a well-hidden refrigerator, and a safe that was large enough for a laptop. The rest of the hotel was very nice - I enjoyed the lobby bar and the sports bar, as well as the Starbucks for breakfast. This is a great hotel for business travelers, and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Dear Brubs23,

Welcome back! Thank you for returning to the Renaissance, Washington, DC Downtown Hotel!

I am thrilled that you enjoy our recently transformed rooms and lobby. It is truly perfect for any discoverer - from the convention guest or business traveler to the leisure guest, we offer the right amount of everything...all in the heart of our Nation's Capital.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you visit us again in 2014 and beyond!

Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance Washington for just one night - business related. The front desk host was very friendly and helpful on check-in. The room is extremely comfortable - appears to be recently renovated with new finishes in the room and gleaming clean bathroom. Bed and bedding very nice as well. I had room service for dinner after arriving late - it was really good - crab cake (excellent) and a salad. Bath robe is not standard but they brought one to my room when I asked. Very accommodating. The room is on the pricey side at $299 for the standard room - but it's Washington DC and the hotel is sold out - so I suppose it's typical for the area. This is the difference between my very good rating versus excellent. I will definitely return next trip.

1 Thank MDC0
Dear MDC0,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our guest rooms - which were recently renovated last year.

I also appreciate your feedback about your in room dining experience. I, too, believe our crabcakes are delicious, and being a native Marylander, my expectations are high! May I also recommend our Crab and Corn Chowder - decadent!

You mentioned that your room rate was a bit high - and your are correct - at times when the city is sold out our room rates are a bit higher than other times. I encourage you to visit Marriott.com where we have several weeks and weekends where there is availability at much more affordable prices.

We hope you do return to see us in the future!

Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Would never stay here again. I am a Marriott gold member - but so what - never acknowledged and certainly did me no good. Had to switch rooms 3 times to find one that did not have big issues. The room I finally settled in, as I was tired of complaining, was dirty - old soap on the bathroom floor and water ring marks on the counter. The air conditioning fan is disturbingly loud. A room service breakfast tray was left out in the hall outside my room for 24+ hours. Good location but that's the only plus.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a room overlooking the external courtyard - zero light.
2 Thank RueDePassyParis
Sharon L, General Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear RueDePassyParis,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel.

I certainly understand your frustration of having to change rooms on several occasions due to the condition of the room. I truly apologize for your experience and would like to personally connect with you to discuss. Please let me know a convenient time for us to talk by emailing me at sharon.lockwood@renaissancehotels.com.

Our housekeepers pride themselves in taking care of each and every discoverer; I have shared your feedback with our team so they may learn from your experience.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is visiting the Washington DC area. If you are in Washington for business or pleaqsure this property is a must!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The lounge for Gold Elite and Platinum Elite members is superb!!! The rooms are decorated in a black and white decor with black and white framed photos of old Washington. The beds are like sleeping in clouds and there are numerous bars throughout the lobby that meet your desire. The best hotel I have ever stayed in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you want a view of the city get a room on the 4th floor.
1 Thank Jimmy J
Dear Jimmy J,

Wow...just Wow! We are so honored that you consider our hotel the best that you have ever stayed!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write an amazing review - on behalf of our ambassadors, we truly look forward to your next visit when your travels return you to our Nation's Capital.