“Nice, clean, comfortable room only 2 block walk to convention center.”

Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel
Ranked #80 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

16th floor corner room:
-lots of natural light
-overlooks museum and city views
-fan provides perfect 'white noise' effect
-Aveda products
-1875 power blow dryer
-iron and ironing board
-drip coffee with mini liquid creamers
-comfortable semi-firm bed
-fluffy warm (but not hot) down comforter
-pleasant smell when initially entered room
Lobby
-polite, professional staff
-new, modern lobby with free wifi and plenty of cute, comfortable areas to sit and relax
-Starbucks

• Stayed: April 2013
Sharon L, General Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Tamige,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the Renaissance, Washington, DC Downtown Hotel.

As our hotel rooms were recently renovated, I appreciate you addressing all the new facets of our rooms! We look forward to having you return soon!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This hotel is a great location for walking to all the monuments. Just a few blocks to Ford theater and then about 5 or 6 to the mall. Not a big deal when there is so much to see along the way and the weather was great. We got a great rate on priceline (129) and were able to check in early. Based on other reviews we requested a high floor, which we got the 10th and were on the atrium (inner) side. In my opinion choose this side if possible as it was soo quiet and I really don't think there would be much of a view from the outside as the hotel is surrounded by tall buildings. I can see how a lower floor would have a lot street noise. There are lots of bars/restaurants/shops etc. around the hotel. We walked everywhere. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a computer setup near the front desk so you can check in to your flight and print a boardin...
Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear CrackerJack,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel based on your recent stay. I appreciate your feedback regarding our proximity to all there is to see in Washington, DC.

I have to be careful, though as my daughter mistook the “mall” for being “all things to shop for!” (smiles!)

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I visited this hotel for business and couldn't have enjoyed my stay more. My room was large and comfortable; I loved the decor. The bedding was lush and so comfortable. The lobby has your choice of several sitting areas - all lovely and inviting. The staff went out of their way to take care of any request I had. The food was great too! I'd love to stay here again and will do so if I travel to DC in the future.

Dear Ann B,

Thank you so much for commenting on our hotel. I certainly do agree that our hotel rooms, beds and lobby are all very comfortable and inviting!

I’m thrilled that our staff took care of your every need and that you enjoyed our chef’s culinary delights! We look forward to your return soon!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel is in an ideal location (across from the convention center where I was for a conference), and walking distance for the cool attractions. The beds are comfy. The walls are thin, however, and the "modern" decor is not my personal favorite....BUT, the service was EXCELLENT!! Anderson at the front desk was spectacular! I got there very late, and I was so tired...but he totally took care of my travel needs and accommodations. There were some difficulties with my reservations and he fixed it without batting an eye. Thank you. I will recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Dear Kirsalli,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. As you mentioned, we are in a perfect location near the convention center and the sites of our Nation’s Capital.

I agree that Anderson is amazing – I’m thrilled he was able to take care of your reservation and insure you had a perfect stay here!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We checked into our room today 4/24 and Anderson was very helpful and friendly with assisting us in finding an excellent place for dinner and and sights to see around Washington at night!!! You rock Anderson! Thank you for all your help....

Room Tip: We did not use the swimming pool but I am sure it is fabulous!

Dear DebB0615,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our ambassador, Anderson. I, too, agree that Anderson rocks! I’m thrilled that he was able to help you navigate our Nation’s Capital and see everything you were interested in exploring!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We bought this through priceline and did get a great deal, however, when we arrived we didn't get a funky room but had to take all they had left for double beds which was a handicap accessible room. We didn't mind the extra moving around room but it wasn't like the photos on the internet. They had no brochures for you to just look at as far as what to do in the city. You had to go to the "Navigation Desk" and this is where I was annoyed. As I ask a question they (two of them working the desk) kept interrupting ME to answer the phone. I patiently waited my turn and was standing in front of them. I deserved their full attention not the person who is ringing in on the phone. The man quickly handed me a tour bus brochure and then took the phone call. I stood there for another 10 minutes while he was on the phone and finally I walked away. All set with that treatment.

Room Tip: If you defintiley need two beds then don't book on priceline.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear ChristinaR,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate you with a room with two double beds to your liking.

I certainly understand your frustration as our Navigators were not as friendly and helpful as you would have liked. I have shared your feedback with our Front Office Manager who will educate our Navigators on the importance of taking care of our guests at the desk first.

Please do try to visit us again soon. We would love to show you our Renaissance style and service!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Well located and they have the basics down, clean efficient room, good bedding, shower that works, flat screen tv and Internet. And lots of accessible plugs. The staff is mostly responsive and they try hard to keep everything going in a very busy, mostly business, hotel environment. Some of the rooms face the inner courtyard, so if you want light and a view, let them know when you reserve or check in. The conference food ranged from manageable to inedible -- really a throwback. (If you are planning a conference here, be clear about your expectations for food.) The restaurant in the hotel is just okay and the little market is hardly ever open, so bring your Starbucks card and prepare to stand on line. The lobby bar is noisy, but the wine is good and it's a generous pour. You won't starve, since you will be located well within walking distance of lots of great restaurants. (When did DC food get so good!) The gym is very well equipped, but the reception desk has a sleepy guy at the helm and I had to ask for help to use of the machines that wasn't working. Summary - adequate for a quick business or sightseeing trip, but if you want anything more upscale, look elsewhere.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear NYCJake,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and your room while here.

I do apologize that you did not enjoy your food while attending a convention. I have reviewed your feedback with our Director of Beverage and Food and Chef and they are sharing your comments with our team. I have also shared your feedback at the Vida Health Club with their manager regarding your experience at reception.

I do hope that when you return to Washington, DC that you do give us another chance to showcase our culinary delights and service!