This hotel was recently renovated and is very stylish, but lead to a slightly over the top feeling on the decor that wasn't conducive to relaxation. Some of the people at our conference enjoyed the slick modern decor, but others felt that it would be dated soon and was trying too hard. Also, at the moment, the construction across the street makes things a bit inconvenient and noisy; and restaurant locations are not that great in the immediate vicinity. You have to walk a few blocks.
However, I can't praise the rooms enough. The beds were great and incredibly comfortable. The bathroom / shower area was fabulous and I thoroughly enjoyed it and the Aveda products. One critique though -- there needs to be a lighted area for short women to be able to get closer to the mirror to put on make up. I had to go out to the hall to get good access to the mirror and there was no light.
The gym was also fabulous and the spa folks were pretty nice. I'd go again just for that experience.
Overall, this is on the nicer end of DC hotels and I can imagine going back. I'd probably give this place 4.5 stars overall. It's just the strange atmosphere in the lobby and some of the location issues that feel a bit off. Then again, if you don't mind walking a bit to Chinatown (it's not too far) or the construction, you could be right at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the culture of DC while experiencing true sophistication at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel. When you arrive at our hotel, you will feel as if you have found a hidden gem amongst everything that makes DC exciting. Award winning restaurants, boutique shopping, CityCenterDC, Verizon Center, Spy Museum, Chinatown, National Portrait Gallery and the world-famous National Mall are all steps from our hotel but will feel worlds away once you experience everything we have to offer. Our newly renovated hotel offers five dining options, including a Starbucks Cafe, a vibrant lounge, an onsite day spa and Vida fitness center. Uncover the best of DC with Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, a luxury hotel in downtown DC that strikes the perfect balance of style and substance. Our hotel will leave you wondering how you can be so close to the Washington DC Convention Center, CityCenterDC, and Penn Quarter yet feel as if you've found your next great escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Washington Dc
- Renaissance Washington Dc Hotel
- Washington Dc Renaissance