Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel
$217
  • Restaurant
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$359
$323
  • Breakfast included
$323
$305
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$409
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$383
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$404
$365
$332
Priceline
1,605 results
All reviewsconvention centeraveda productsthe concierge loungelobby barwhite houseattending a conferenceroom serviceself parkwithin walking distancenational mallstreet noisethe room was nicefew blockshousekeeping staffconvenient locationmetro stopvalet parking
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I chose to stay in this hotel due to the convenient location near metro, china town, restaurants and various museums. I was in town to see the Cherry Blossoms, but unfortunately they are coming out late this year. I had stayed in the hotel previously 9 months ago and had some issues with the room. I decided to give it another try. This time everything went well. Check in went smoothly with Sharice. The room was cleaned well, all the staff was accomodating. We had some issues with the safe not working, but it was addressed promptly. I travel to DC 3-4 times a year and I will make the Renaissance Washington, Dc Downtown Hotel my list of preferred hotels. Special thanks to management for ensuring my family stay was a charm and making recommendations for great restaurants. My only complaint this time is that the bedding seem a bit firm for my taste, but other than that, I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Beds are firm. Take advantage of on site gym facility, it is awesome.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Sharon L, General Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear newjerseytravelmom,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review about our hotel. Believe it or not, the Cherry Blossoms are still NOT in bloom! They are taking their own sweet time this year!

I appreciate your feedback regarding the service you received by our ambassadors while you were here with your family. Please do visit us again! We would love to showcase our great service and style to you once again.

Thank you for your note regarding our new mattresses; please let us know when you return and we can add additional mattresses toppers to make the bed softer for you. I agree that our health club, VIDA, is amazing. Next time you return, please make an appointment to visit with one of their amazing personal trainers and then treat yourself to a massage in the award winning Aura Spa!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel is what you would expect from an efficient Marriott property. I understand it was recently renovated. The lobby is decorated nicely, and so are the rooms. However, the walls are extremely thin, and you can hear lots of noise from the hallways and other guest rooms. For the price, the noise level really isn't acceptable. Other than that, we loved our stay. The staff was well-trained and helpful. The location is perfect, the gym was great, and we enjoyed the time we spent there.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear tsudoughnim,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I certainly understand your concern if your neighbors were louder than usual during your stay. I have spoken to our team, who monitor each floor throughout the evening, to insure that they address all noise issues as they occur.

I do appreciate your kind feedback about our team and the service they provide – I agree that our location and health club are perfect!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

loved the stay in this hotel! was very conveniently placed, a few block away from a metro and about a ten minute walk away from the mall. the interior is beautiful, both in the lobby and in rooms; loved the dc themes. the room had a carved silver portrait of presidents heads, an oil canvas of the jefferson memorial, and a collage of black and white picture from important historical events and people from dc in the bathroom. i always rate a hotel on towels and pillows, both were fantastic here! large fluffy thick towels and four down pillows per bed :) after a place like dc where you walk a lot, it's a great room to come back to, slept like a baby.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear nataf1,

I’m so happy that you had a restful night sleep – especially after traversing our Nation’s Capital all day!

Thank you for writing a wonderful review about the Renaissance, Washington, DC Downtown Hotel. I agree, you “feel” DC in our guest room décor and throughout our lobby.

Please let me know the next time your travels bring you to DC!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed here recently for a conference. My family came along with me. The hotel lobby is decorated very nicely. There were three of us in the room. The room was fine, but a bit on the small side. It could have been a little cleaner, but overall, I had no complaints. The concierge was very helpful in identifying restaurants that were family-friendly. I wish that internet was free in the rooms, particularly when we're already paying a lot for the room and parking ($47 a night to park!). The conference was located in the hotel. The food was excellent at the conference. We had a buffet and I was really impressed. This was probably some of the best conference food that I've had. The metro is fairly close. The Smithsonian is a bit of a walk for a young child, but we didn't mind it. Overall, this was a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear sarabethe,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review after you stayed at the Renaissance, Washington, DC Downtown for your conference. I’m glad you were able to bring your family with you to mix business and pleasure!

I appreciate your feedback regarding Washington, DC prices; I certainly understand your concern as prices are rising throughout the country and DC is no exception.

I’m thrilled that our Navigators were able to help you find family friendly restaurants in our Penn Quarter/City Center area. There are so many! I have passed on your feedback to our culinary team about the banquet meals – I agree that they are delicious!

Please let me know when your travels return you to our Nation’s Capital!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had reserved a standard king room several weeks in advance for a 3 night business conference stay. My husband and I arrived very late due to cancelled American Airlines flights. We were exhausted, hungry and wet from the rain. The check in desk said they were over booked & would not have a room for us until the next day but they could send us across town to a sister hotel. That was not what I wanted to hear. But we had no choice at 9:00pm. They did pay for part of the transfer to & from the hotels. That hotel was also full and they put us in a queen room (it looked like a full size) that had only 2 pillows & 2 towel sets. A call to the front desk was unanswered. We had to get up extra early to get back to the conference & move our things. But they redeemed themselves by upgrading us to a king suite which included the club level privileges. We still would have rather had a room the first night but at least they corrected the error in great style. I would definitely stay here again. Great location. Close to museums.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank onzroad2013

Dear onzroad2013,

First of all, I love your TripAdvisor name! It’s awesome!!

I certainly understand your frustration, after dealing with cancelled flights to arrive at our hotel and your room was not available. Occasionally this happens when individuals do not check out as expected and I truly apologize that this happened to you.

I appreciate your willingness to overlook your first impression and that our team left you with a favorable lasting impression! Please let me know when you return to DC so we may, once again, take great care of you!