Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel
$217
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$359
$323
  • Breakfast included
$323
$305
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$409
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$383
  • Restaurant
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$404
$365
$332
Priceline
1,605 results
All reviewsconvention centeraveda productsthe concierge loungelobby barwhite houseattending a conferenceroom serviceself parkwithin walking distancenational mallstreet noisethe room was nicefew blockshousekeeping staffconvenient locationmetro stopvalet parking
Reviewed March 5, 2013

this is the closest hotel to washington convention center- and that 's abig plus. Otherwise it's overpriced and very ordinary. The room was attractively decorated, but small. Wireless internet was available, but out was hard to get working, and it was $13 per day, on top of the exorbitant room rate. We needed to leave our luggage with the Bellman, and the hotel directed us to take it down a level to the storage area. not at.that price point!

• Stayed: March 2013
Sharon L, General Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Freightgoddess,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our hotel.

I certainly understand your concern about our room rates during the citywide convention you attended. I have shared your concern regarding our internet capability with our Systems Manager and he is reviewing our bandwidth to insure maximum capacity.

I apologize that you were directed to the luggage storage facility for the AIPAC group. With so many guests in house, we needed to provide satellite storage for you and all attendees. I have spoken with our bell team to insure that in the future, if you would like assistance with taking your luggage to this site, we would be more than happy to do so.

We look forward to having your return next year. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have additional concerns or comments.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel four nights while attending a conference. The hotel is absolutely beautiful, from the lobby right up to the rooms. Being a close walk to the convention center was a huge plus, and it's location in walking distance to restaurants and things to do and see was also terrific. The in-room coffee was very good and they also offered a small selection of teas. Housekeeping folks were wonderful and very helpful with extras needed.

On the down side, the rooms were a bit small with no where to sit and work other than the bed. The closet space was tiny and not enough room for two people to hang up clothing, we were forced to use the shower curtain and then move clothing each time we showered. The showers were nice but the water pressure was not what we would wish.

All in all though a beautiful place to stay and we would not hesitate to spend time here again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Karen B,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel during your conference.

I have shared your great feedback with our housekeeping team regarding how wonderful they were during your stay.

I certainly understand your concern that your room was on the small size; hopefully, our vast lobby and other areas in the hotel made up for the size.

Please let me know when you plan to return to Washington, DC. I’ll see if we can find a bit larger room to accommodate all your needs!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here over President's weekend for a volleyball tournament. We had to wait several hours for the hotel to figure out how to put the teams on the same floors in rooms near each other. Common sense dictates that the rooms booked in a block should be near each other, not spread all over the hotel. The hotel worked very hard to resolve the issue, but it made for a loooong wait in the lobby.

The lobby is gorgeous and the staff is very welcoming. The rooms were beautiful as well. The only odd thing is the bathroom door. It is a sliding door with no lock. Several times the door was opened by someone while it was being used. There should be some type of lock on the door.

The ice machine on the 4th floor was so loud that a guest called security about the noise.

No free internet in the rooms? Unacceptable. For the price of these rooms, internet should certainly be included. Also, the fitness center does not allow anyone under 18. Why not? I understand that you don't want children running around, but why can't a teenager accompanied by an adult use the facility?

Leaving the hotel in the mornings (remember we were there for a volleyball tournament) was problematic. We were on the 4th floor. We waited 15 minutes for an elevator and were unable to get on a single one, because all were packed with people. We finally had to walk down the stairs. This happened every morning. And it was worse on the morning we were leaving because we wound up walking down 4 flights of stairs with our luggage. Not an easy feat, but tournaments begin at a certain time and you must be there. If I had the choice, I would stay on a higher floor to ensure access to an elevator when I need to be somewhere. No one plans an extra 15 minutes to wait for an elevator in a hotel.

My room was a corner double. It was very comfortable with a great view of Mount Vernon park. However, the street noise was rather loud (another reason to stay on a higher floor). On our final morning, I was a bit stressed because in trying to gather our team and get everyone checked out, I misplaced my cell phone. I ran into the housekeeper in the hallway and she calmed me down and offered several suggestions for finding it. I did find it and was very grateful for her assistance.

I had to leave my luggage with the hotel for the day and the staff was very helpful and accommodating.

Overall, the hotel was beautifully decorated, welcoming, and comfortable, but there are certain things that can certainly be improved.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on higher floors to avoid street noise and make elevator access easier.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments regarding President’s Day weekend and the Volleyball tournament in the city. I agree that it was a very busy weekend in Washington, DC and can appreciate your frustration about not having your team in rooms together when you check in. As you know, the reservations were made centrally and unfortunately these requests were not communicated to the hotel. We have met with the reservation group and will make adjustments for next year’s tournament so that when you return, we will have everything ready for you.

I have shared your feedback with our team regarding elevator service as well as insuring we are ready for this wonderful group to return next February.

I appreciate your comment regarding the helpfulness of our housekeeper. I have shared your feedback with our team.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any other suggestions or upon your return to our area.

Thank you again for taking the time to write the review!

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Room. Updated decor. Friendly staff. Only two minute walk to conference center, making this the ideal place to stay going for convention center. No need to take your coat to center. Just cross the street

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear wombat18,

Thank you so much for the detailed review about the Renaissance, Washington, DC Hotel. I agree that we are so convenient to the Convention Center not to mention Penn Quarter, 7th Street, the Verizon Center and more!

Our lobby is perfect for meeting after a long day at the Convention Center and our miXX lounge has signature cocktails and amazing appetizers and entrees. Our Vida Fitness and Aura Spa are perfect for either working out or relaxing after a busy day of meetings or travel.

Please let me know when you return to DC and our hotel!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

When it is raining, there is nothing better than being across the street from the convention center. And even if you're not staying at the Renaissance, you'll find it a very pleasant place to meet with people - the lobby is stylish, roomy, and has lots of small side nooks in which you can catch up with your colleagues or enjoy a drink. A nice oasis from the cavernous convention center. The conference rooms on the lower two levels are pretty standard, but beginning to look a little data.

The guest rooms are pretty large, and generally quiet although you can hear arguments in your neighbors rooms. Many rooms look into an internal courtyard, which is drab and uninspiring. The decorations (prints, etc.) have a nice political theme, which is cute. Everything in the room is up-to-scratch and plenty serviceable. While the towels are thin, the pillows are cheap, but the beds are very solid and comfortable. The Aveda toiletries are terrific. Fast internet is an extra @$13/day.

For folks on the road, the gym was outstanding. Not just super attentive staff, but almost brand new, clean and large range of equipment. Very easily accessed from third floor of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Sharon L, General Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear wombat 18,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Our proximity to the convention center is second to none! I also agree that whether you stay at our hotel or another hotel close by, a visit to our hotel’s lobby is a must! Our miXX Lounge is perfect to connect with fellow conference attendees and we are in the heart of Penn Quarter.

I appreciate your feedback regarding our guest rooms. I will pass on you comments regarding the pillows and towels to our rooms’ team and agree that the Aveda products are wonderful compared to other hotel chains choice of products.

Our Vida Fitness center is the best in the city and you can also arrange an appointment with a personal trainer or a massage in the adjoining spa – not many other hotels have that option!

We look forward to your return visit to the Renaissance, Washington, DC Downtown hotel!