My husband and I stayed here for 3-nights for our anniversary. I read other reviews and thought we'd give it a try. We were not disappointed at all. The service was great -- from the doorman to the housekeeping staff. The location was excellent -- in the midst of dining (Dupont Circle), Metro a block away, shopping (Burberry's and Filene's Basement, to name a few), National Geographic Museum (1-block away), Old Town Trolley Tours stop (1-block away).
The hotel is grandeur and charming (at the same time) and historical. Markers are noted throughout. Two suites over from our suite, a spy was captured by the FBI. I thought that was interesting. We stayed in the King Suite which was nicely appointed with a fireplace in the separate living room. The bed was very comfortable. My husband wrestles with his back and often has issues with hotel beds, but he had none here.
We ate breakfast in the hotel's restaurant once - I believe, the Cafe Promenade (?). It was a bit on the expensive side, but it was okay. We walked to Dupont Circle one morning and had breakfast at the Scion Restaurant at 2100 P St . GREAT breakfast! And, very reasonable. A fresh fruit bar is complimentary with your breakfast. My husband had a "beermosa" -- beer with orange juice -- very good! Everything we ate here was good -- can't wait to go again!
Overall, our stay at the Mayflower was excellent. The location and service are definite selling points. We'd definitely stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection has been a vibrant social hub in Washington, DC since opening in 1925. Refreshed and contemporary, our historic hotel newly inspires the city for business or pleasure with its premier location on Connecticut Avenue. The Mayflower delights with a timeless luxury found in our sweeping marble lobby, picturesque ballrooms, in-house health club, and luxury-minded guestrooms, offering plush bedding, high-speed wireless internet, and flat screen TV's. Enjoy a culinary delight at our lively American brasserie EDGAR, or step outside to experience the local flavor of Dupont Circle and other nearby attractions. Effortlessly blending historic tradition and modern luxury here in the heart of the nation's capital, The Mayflower Hotel is national treasure not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayflower Hotel Washington Dc
- Renaissance Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Renaissance
- Renaissance Mayflower Hotel
- Mayflower Hotel Dc