3 people are viewing this hotel
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Autograph
Priceline$297
Hotels.com$297
travelup.com$319
3,160 results
All reviews marriott vacation club white house farragut north metro beautiful hotel the concierge lounge classic hotel dupont circle lobby bar location is great king bed mini fridge metro stop valet parking few blocks dc area edgar autographs
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2016

This is a nice hotel, it is an Autograph Collection; however, it is deteriorating and management does not care. This tells me it is only going to get worse.

The shower handle was not tight, so the handle randomly fell down and without notice you get shocked with extremely hot water. Yes, I took a shower with one hand on the shower handle the entire time. Not very convenient. I told the hotel; however, nothing ever happened. I would imagine it is still there giving problems to the next guests.

I was at this hotel for a business event. With the event came special event pricing for the rooms. The hotel did not honor the rate though. They just don't seem to care at this hotel.

The location is good downtown; however, there are many other choices for hotels in the neighborhood (I saw many) that probably have things working and staff that follows up and cares.

Lastly, I received a survey after I got home from the hotel. I responded with these issues again. The manager responded with an email thanking me and said she would look into the issues and get back to me. It was obviously a form letter by the way it was written. More so, the manger never ever got back to me. It is clear they do not care!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank PilotMichael
Reviewed September 7, 2016

Very nicely remodeled and up to date property, walking distance to the White House. We stayed on the Club floor, which included a very serviceable breakfast, beverages and snacks all day long. Overall hotel service was outstanding. One warning, be prepared for long wait times to retrieve your car from valet parking.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

I surprised my fiancé with a Christmas trip to DC. I was shopping for hotels and had no clue that the absolute best time to visit is when congress is not in session. No people trying to lobby congressmen/women, no big political parties. So we lucked out I had no clue, and got a great price on the hotel and airfare. Once we arrived and walked into the hotel it's gorgeous. Our room was just as nice. The view wasn't great but the price more than made up for it. The staff was great and always directed me or told me how to get to places. There are always cabs outside if you needed one. Just waiting by the entrance. Short walk to the monuments. White house is right down the street. We had an amazing time in DC and this hotel made our stay enjoyable and comfortable to sleep at night.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2016

This is truly a gorgeous hotel and certainly deserves it's high ratings. We were there in August for a mini vacation. We are members of Marriott Vacation Club and felt fortunate to be able to book on the 7th floor. We loved the location of the hotel and the easy access to transportation, restaurants and the White House.
The room we had was beautiful. We did have a problem with the size of it. Because of the arrangement of the room, every time we walked to the bathroom, I would hit my leg on the platform at the end of the bed. I went home with numerous black and blue marks due to it. Due to the location of our room in the building, we had direct sun most of the day. Even with the black out shades, the room heated up. The air conditioner would not let us lower it enough to compensate for the added heat. I should add that while we were there, the temperature outside was 98 and above! Fortunately, we were out of the room for most of the days. And I will agree with others, that the price of parking in the hotel was the highest we have ever paid and we travel extensively. I know this is a premiere location and a wonderful historic spot but it was a little disappointing with the excessive rates charged.
All the staff that we came in contact with were very efficient and very hospitable. They were a delight to work with.

Room tip: If on 7th floor, do not get end rooms. Very small. Check for local parking. Hotel parking is very expensive.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2016

Damon Runyon wrote beautifully about life in the US during the good old days when the Cosa Nostra was up and running (towards officialdom rather than away). The guy must have stayed at a hotel like the Mayflower,because this is 1930s charm in marble and stone. Comfortable rooms,great service,friendly receptionists (even to someone dragging himself through the doors after 13 hours in the air). The huge floor next to the reception is big enough for a walk,as is a nearby park,while the metro and a drugstore are next door. If you want an authentic US hotel and not a Scandinavian-South American combo try the Mayflower

• Trip type: Traveled solo