Perhaps it wasn't the best time to stay - the weekend of the 4th July. The hotel was very busy and there were long queues at the reception area. There was a slight mix-up with our reservation which had been made through a travel agent here in the UK. It was sorted out relatively quickly though.
Our suite was large and tastefully furnished, with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was also large and had a separate (nice deep) bath and shower. Some attention to detail was missing though - toiletries were average and not replensished daily. Bathrobes were provided but were not of the best quality and no slippers were provided. There was also no turn down service. The room also had no safe. The explanation for this was that "the hotel is very old". We've stayed in older hotels which have room safes. The alternative is to hire a safety deposit box in the reception area. This is both inconvenient and time-consuming, particularly when the hotel is very busy.
The food in the bar/restaurant was so-so. Nothing to write home about.
Service was, overall, of the standard expected in such a hotel but again, nothing to write home about. We've encountered friendlier staff in different hotels but, staff here were pleasant and polite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection has been a vibrant social hub in Washington, DC since opening in 1925. Refreshed and contemporary, our historic hotel newly inspires the city for business or pleasure with its premier location on Connecticut Avenue. The Mayflower delights with a timeless luxury found in our sweeping marble lobby, picturesque ballrooms, in-house health club, and luxury-minded guestrooms, offering plush bedding, high-speed wireless internet, and flat screen TV's. Enjoy a culinary delight at our lively American brasserie EDGAR, or step outside to experience the local flavor of Dupont Circle and other nearby attractions. Effortlessly blending historic tradition and modern luxury here in the heart of the nation's capital, The Mayflower Hotel is national treasure not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayflower Hotel Washington Dc
- Renaissance Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Renaissance
- Renaissance Mayflower Hotel
- Mayflower Hotel Dc