The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$409
  • Room Service
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$363
$287
  • Breakfast included
Sofitel Washington DC(Washington DC)
$368
$359
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$404
$369
  • Restaurant
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
$370
$351
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$388
$287
Hotels.com
2,738 results
All reviewsmarriott vacation clubwhite housefarragut north metrobeautiful hotelthe concierge loungeclassic hotelbeautiful lobbydupont circleupgraded to a suitelocation is greatlobby bartwo double bedsmetro stopmini fridgevalet parkingfitness centerdowntown dc
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Thermostat in room cut off around 10pm. We called front desk, around 10:45pm someone showed up with luggage cart to move us. We were in pjs and in bed, we asked for a fan, but after 30 minutes we gave up on that.
Room in OK shape, some esthetic repairs need to be made,carpet corners coming up, TV is really small and you can only see from 1 bed, no swivel for TV.
Room service options are limited and very pricey.
Great location, but next time will sacrifice that and save a little money and have a nicer room at a different hotel.

Room Tip: Ask not to be near any of the outside flagpoles-extremely loud.
1  Thank vapowderpuff
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was my first time to be a guest in the Mayflower Hotel, so I was excited to stay in such a famous Washington landmark establishment. I was taking part in a weekend "convention" of sorts, so I got the "convention" rate for the room for two nights, making it quite reasonable price-wise.

The check-in process was a little more complicated than it needed to be. I had to spell my last name for the desk clerk several times before it seemed to "click" with him and he typed it correctly into their reservation system. I had booked a king-bed room when making the reservations, but because I arrived at the hotel before the 3 PM check-in time, the room I was booked in was not ready. The desk clerk said he had several queen-bed rooms that he could put me in right away, and I said that that was fine with me, and he put me in one on the 7th floor of the hotel. The room was definitely small and dark, with no view out the small window except to stare at another part of the hotel, at a very close window of a nearby room. I kept the drapes pulled most of the time. But it was comfortable and clean, and the pillows on the bed were unusually comfortable, in my opinion.

The bathroom was small but nicely appointed, with Aveda toiletries provided. Because it was a windowless bathroom, there were visible steam "stains" on the ceiling of the shower/tub. While towels were plentiful, there were no towel racks in the bathroom, so I ended up hanging my bathtowel over the shower rod the first morning, indicating that I would re-use it the next morning.

At a hotel like this, if you are driving your own car, you end up paying a large daily fee for valet parking. Internet/WiFi doesn't come free either, but the service was strong and dependable.

The first night I was there, I took part in a buffet dinner as part of the "convention." There was an appetizer station, two pasta stations, and two carving stations, and two open bars, and a dessert station. The food was good, but nothing extraordinary. It also wasn't particulary abundant, because everything ran out fairly soon. The second night was a formal, sit-down banquet in the beautiful, historic ballroom of the Mayflower. It was a treat to be in such a famous Washington spot, but again, the food was good but nothing extraordinary. The service was professional and attentive from the catering staff.

I splurged on room service for breakfast my first morning there, and while it was outrageously expensive, it was also quite good and abundant, and it was served at the time I specified and the food was still hot and fresh.

Room Tip: I don't really have any tips, but maybe asking for a room that has a "street view" might provide a little more natural light than the room I was given.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We just returned from a 5 night stay here on points. On check-in Trevor and Derek were great. We were early (10am) but still were provided with our requests (high floor, extra pillows, club level) with no problems. After unpacking, had a light lunch on the mezzanine level since the Cafe Promenade (under renovations) won't open until December. Farragut station on same side of street and same block provided easy Metro access to all of DC. Walking to Mall, Dupont Circle all easily done or frequent busses available as well. Being on the club level and a Elite member, we were able to enjoy breakfast (eggs, bacon, bagels, fruit, juices) and hors d'ovuers in the evening which were so substantial that they sometimes substituted for a meal.
Rest of staff friendly, courteous. This hotel was NOT BUILT in the last 5 years so some consideration should be allowed for room size, fixtures, etc. The Queen has stayed here so it has charm and the current staff could not be MORE helpful.

Room Tip: if you're elite, ask for 8th floor toward 16th st for quiet. The front (17th) has the traffic hum starting early (630am)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The location of this hotel is convenient to the White House, monuments, and museums of Washington, DC. Our room was spacious, with a lovely sitting area and a huge bathroom. Everything was clean and welcoming, and the hotel staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. Please note, we left the dogs at home for this trip as visits to the city aren't their favorite; though this hotel does accommodate pets, ours were not present so we cannot comment on that aspect of their service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I recently attended a business conference in Washington DC and stayed at the Marriott Mayflower Renaissance. This hotel is one of the grand dames of hotels in the DC area.

If you want to be convenient to a large amount of restaurants and within walking distance to the Washington monuments, you can not get much closer. The variety of near by restaurants is outstanding, and you really get a flavor of DC by walking to them and other places. I would recommend if you are planning to dine at one of the better restaurants in the area make your reservations well ahead of time. DC is always busy. There really is no off season here.

The Mayflower room I had was clean and elegant, but not very large. A suggestion I would make to the hotel is that since many of their visitors are on business, they should have the desk set up to allow watching TV while working. Instead the TV and desk faced opposite directions.

There is no doubt that this hotel gets a large amount of conferences and business travelers.
I would not recommend it for families. The atmosphere is very professional and elegant, but not a good fit for children.

If traveling to DC on business this is a good choice. If bringing family, I would consider other options.

Room Tip: Make area dinner reservations well in advance.