“Quality in DC”

The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #65 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was our 5th or 6th stay at The Mayflower and have always been very pleased with this hotel.

Staff at check-in is always very polite and helpful. We arrived this time a bit early, approximately 10:00am, our room was not available, however our cell phone number was taken, as we were going on a tour. We received a call within a couple of hours that our room was ready.

The room was nice and comfortable. We were on the club level, 8th floor, and took advantage of the club lounge and everything there was top notch as well.

This hotel is within a short walk to the White House and many fine restaurants are nearby. I would highly recommend this hotel for the leisure or business traveler.

2  Thank Dan R
There are newer reviews for The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This was a great stay for my boyfriend and I who were here for one night on business. Small things not so great - like lack of shampoo and coffee in hotel room but otherwise great hotel and great service - also free wi-fi in the lobby which makes it ideal for business. Nice place to get a snack or coffee upstairs in the lobby bar.

1  Thank WanderingDiplomat
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 6 days. I found the hotel staff to be extremely helpful - we met Jimmy (sales manager) on our first day, and he gave us some sightseeing tips and then sent up chocolate covered strawberries that evening for us! How delightful! The front desk staff and the bellmen were all very helpful. One evening we had trouble getting a cork out of our wine bottle, so called guest services, and someone was up in under 5 minutes! The service was top notch. The hotel rooms are a little dated - the carpet in the hallways could use replacing as it is showing its age but our room was extremely clean and maintained. The beds were comfortable; the pillows were just ok but could be softer. Our room was very quiet - didn't hear any noise except for the occasional siren which is typical for a downtown area in any large city. I had free wi-fi with my conference, and the hotel provided me with complimentary wi-fi for the remainder of my stay which was sweet! The location of the hotel is great in terms of the metro; a fair walk to the white house though but still manageable if you've got good shoes. I would recommend this hotel to others.

1  Thank Greenapple05
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed a few days for a conference & really liked it! I hope to return. The hotel is beautiful with historical charm. My room was comfortable & clean. I was lucky enough to be on the 8th floor & stumbled upon the lounge, which was a very nice surprise. The service was amazing in the lounge with them even making up a plate of amazing food after the dinner time period was done. My only complaint is that my room was near a service elevator & it was a bit noisy at times. Otherwise it was the perfect place for me.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I can't say say how pleased and customer focused the staff at the mayflower has been. Sofie at the front desk was so helpful in assisting our room change. She understood the challenges that we faced in our current room and was able to move us to a more accommodating space. Adam the manager was kind and understanding and assisted in making the changes immediately. Although in the mix of upgrading...we left a bag behind that contained my child's insulin and monitors. They immediately delivered the bag without delay. The concierge has assisted with all of our outings making our decisions easy and painless. Thank you Mayflower renaissance !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the historic Mayflower or should I say prehistoric? The hotel is apparently under construction although the only remodeling I was aware of was the Metro line outside. The hotel has a makeshift restaurant in a meeting room and a lounge without a bar. We found no room service menu in our small room so was surprised on our last night to hear room service was available. Our first night a family was holding court in the hallway until 3 am. Security came and went and the chatter continued.Rooms are tired, bathroom small but adequate, beds are comfortable pillows are not. Fan in ceiling above bath was dirty and moldy.Doormen and housekeeping pleasant, front desk not so much. Nice gesture might have been free Internet during construction but customer service is not valued here as is inconsistent treatment of guests. And I am a member of Renaissance Marriott. So many other fabulous hotels to choose from.

Room Tip: Try another hotel until after remodel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WhatIKnow
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The kind of place that makes you say, "Wow!" when you enter reception and the room did not disappoint either. Spacious and comfortable. We did not have room service but we took breakfast in the restaurant which was excellent, although pricey. Would recommend but be prepared for spending money!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple