I had high hopes for the Mayflower because although the reviews are mixed, it looked nice in pics, the lobby looks high end and the Marriott Renaissance reputation.
Check in and welcome was polite. Just polite. Asked for quiet room, etc with King bed. Apparently I couldn't have both due to a big conference coming in ( I know, that's why I was there...) but they said they would make a note, let me know and move me when one opened up. Room was quiet, but no view whatsoever, just old dingy buildings.
Grateful for quiet, no noise from other rooms or hallway. Much appreciated. I asked three times about that King bed, no one ever got back to me. On day two, housekeeping forgot to leave coffee. This must have annoyed someone because when I asked for that too they left this big plastic bag ful of coffee, cups, lids, etc. enough for 19 days on desk while I was out. I informed management and gave up on the bed request. They apologized and gave me extra points which was nice, but not really helpful.
Room was spacious but not super clean. Bed okay, I slept well, pillows were less than what you would expect from a Renaissance property - more like a Hampton Inn, not nice feather pillows. This may not be true for all the rooms- since I was there at a good conference rate, perhaps I was assigned to one of the cheaper ones.
On the positive side, location was very good, super convenient to Metro and a couple blocks from the White House and Dupont Circle. Majority of staff were very kind and had an 'at your service' attitude. Only ate food once there, at lunch presentation, it was okay.
I would likely not stay here again unless it was selected for a meeting but not a bad choice if location is your primary goal and you get a good rate, it's a good spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection has been a vibrant social hub in Washington, DC since opening in 1925. Refreshed and contemporary, our historic hotel newly inspires the city for business or pleasure with its premier location on Connecticut Avenue. The Mayflower delights with a timeless luxury found in our sweeping marble lobby, picturesque ballrooms, in-house health club, and luxury-minded guestrooms, offering plush bedding, high-speed wireless internet, and flat screen TV's. Enjoy a culinary delight at our lively American brasserie EDGAR, or step outside to experience the local flavor of Dupont Circle and other nearby attractions. Effortlessly blending historic tradition and modern luxury here in the heart of the nation's capital, The Mayflower Hotel is national treasure not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayflower Hotel Washington Dc
- Renaissance Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Renaissance
- Renaissance Mayflower Hotel
- Mayflower Hotel Dc