I've stayed at The Mayflower many times over the past three decades, but this was my first visit in about ten years. It is still a premier property in a great location with nice rooms and an excellent staff. The Farragut North red line Metro stop is steps from the Mayflower entrance. I was greeted the moment I walked into expansive lobby. Check in was a breeze, made pleasurable because of Olivia, whose personality is a great mix of warm welcome and humor. I appreciated an upgrade to a club floor (I'm a frequent guest at Marriott properties). It was on the eight floor, which also had the club lounge. While my room was not large (it is an historic, older property), it had a great comfy bed, nice tub/shower, and a view of ABC News across the street. I was not a big fan of the bath towels, which were rough, but I like the Aveda soaps and shampoo.
The club lounge was very popular and rightfully so. Breakfast was generous, with scrambled eggs, pastries, mini-bagels, fresh fruit, cheeses, cold cuts, juices, and of course coffee and tea. A manager's cocktail party had an open bar, beer and wine, with food selections that could have served as a very filling dinner. Some guests may stay there frequently, as they were greeted by name and waited on hand-and-foot.
I did not use the health club or have other meals here, though I noted that breakfast was being served in the lower level of the hotel, not the grand dining room down the hall from registration that I remember fondly. A piano bar on the mezzanine level seemed to be a popular spot.
The Mayflower is in a great location, with lots of shops and restaurants (including some great food trucks lunchtime in nearby Farragut Square) within walking distance. A somewhat longer walk (or one Metro stop) to Dupont Circle provides even more options for dining, shopping and nightlife. In a city with excellent hotel choices, you still can't go wrong with The Mayflower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection has been a vibrant social hub in the nation's capital since opening in 1925. Refreshed and contemporary, our historic hotel in Washington, D.C. newly inspires the city for business or pleasure with its premier location on Connecticut Avenue. The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection delights with a timeless luxury found in our sweeping marble lobby, picturesque ballrooms, in-house health club, and luxury-minded guestrooms, offering plush bedding, high-speed wireless internet, and flat screen TV's. Enjoy a culinary delight at our lively American brasserie EDGAR, or step outside to experience the local flavor of Dupont Circle and other nearby attractions. Effortlessly blending historic tradition and modern luxury, The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection is national treasure not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelPower, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayflower Hotel Washington Dc
- Renaissance Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Renaissance
- Renaissance Mayflower Hotel
- Mayflower Hotel Dc