$148
GardenInn.com
$237
$199
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$135
$119
Kimpton
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

$130
$115
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

$225
$180
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $294/night.

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$159
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $207/night.

$112
$99
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Restaurant
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$233
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$142
$125
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $168/night.

2,887 results
All reviewsthomas circlewhite housegreat poolbottled waterwithin walking distanceself parkingturn down servicecentral locationhotel restaurantconvention centerwould highly recommend this hotelupon checkfew blockssight seeingcoffee makermetro stationmall
Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a week in July 17 and I would describe it as OK. It is clean, the staff are friendly and there is nothing inherently wrong with the place. It's not a top end hotel, so my expectations are about at this level, so not disappointed. Just for me the hotel lacks any character and feels a little out of date, a little soulless almost. It's not a reason not to stay here if you are travelling on business, it's fine, I just wouldn't say it is excellent.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
3  Thank cocojambo18
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you weren’t delighted with our hotel. I understand that much like our guests, our hotel has a personality and we can't be the perfect fit for everyone. The world-famous architect, Morris Lapidus, designed our property in 1962 and even though all our guest rooms and ballrooms have undergone renovation, the hotel is being kept in the original theme intended by its designer. We hope you will give our hotel another chance in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2017

I believe we have stayed at the Washington Plaza at least 5 times prior to this trip. We continue to return as the rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. The best, is a summer visit when the pool is open (9am to 9pm). The pool staff, from the female lifeguard from Ukraine (wonderful woman, sadly I do not know her name) to the bar staff Sharda and Raul are professional and personable. I cannot say enough about these folks. It is unusual to encounter staff of their quality. I truly have no negatives to offer about this hotel. Will definitely make a return stay.

Room Tip: Handicap rooms are large and four of the rooms over looking the pool on each floor are large.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MasonJahr
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

Thank you so much for the 5-star review and great comments! I’m delighted to hear that you stayed with us many times in the past and our accommodations and service keep you returning to our hotel. It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back soon with the same service!

Reviewed July 25, 2017

I was there for 5 nights attending a conference my company put on. It was a first class experience all the way. The room was nice and clean and the daily housekeeping was fantastic. Also enjoyed the turn down service at night.

The meeting facilities were also nice and everyone, especially Paul the captain, was extremely helpful. Food was very good.

The pool was absolutely gorgeous. It has a great location. Many good restaurants. If you like seafood, don't miss Pearl Dive on 14th St. One of the best seafood restaurants on the east coast.

If you are looking for a getaway vacation, or an event, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the 5-star review and your kind recommendation! I am delighted to hear that you found our team so helpful and accommodating and you had such a great experience at our hotel for your conference. I’m glad you enjoyed our beautiful pool; it’s such a great place to relax whether on a business or leisure trip. I really appreciate you recognizing our efforts and we hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed July 23, 2017

My wife and I had a 4th floor room with a balcony and a view overlooking the pool and Thomas Square. The room (a Deluxe King) was very spacious, very clean and comfortable for our 3 night stay.

Check in was very quick, painless and conducted by a person who was friendly, polite and very helpful, especially as our room was ready for us upon our arrival at 1:00 pm, 2 hours earlier than the check in time.

Both the restaurant and lounge bar were also of a high standard offering the same menu with the restaurant offering a very good breakfast including a buffet breakfast with many choices. The food was excellent and was of a very good portion size, served by staff who were more than helpful and obviously put the guest/s first. Nothing was ever too much trouble.

The bar was also very good, large but with a very nice "non bar" atmosphere and was staffed by two great young ladies, Sarah and Unique, yes that really was her name. Whether they were serving us at the bar OR serving us our meals, they were both friendly, courteous and constantly checking to make sure everything was to our liking despite being "run off their feet" during our time there.

We did; however, have one incident that I felt obligated to report to one of the Managers, Stephen. I expected the typical corporate rhetoric and excuse but to my surprise Stephen was as appalled about the situation as my wife and I and assured us
that the matter would be rectified. Rather than jump up and go, he sat with my wife and I for some time discussing our trip and talking in general about we all came from, myself from Australia, my wife the US and Stephen Ireland. Once he did reassure us that the problem would be dealt with and went back to work, my wife and I felt like we had been talking with a friend, not a corporate I'll say whatever I have to to "protect the company". That day, after my wife and I returned from a tour and went back to our room I found - a cheese and biscuit platter, 6 beers in our fridge, a bottle of imported water AND a Hotel gift bag for my wife containing 4 mugs, key chain, T- shirt and fridge magnet for my wife. Yes, my wife and I did have a problem; HOWEVER, Stephen (together with Alicia) went "above and beyond" what (in my opinion) they needed to do for us. We did not report the matter for any other reason than to report it - it was Stephen and Alicia who took it upon themselves to do what they did and that showed me that the Hotel put it's guests first and it DID treat us like guests and not just another source of income for them.

I have stayed at many 5 Star Hotels around the world and none of them came up to the genuine appreciation of their guests as the Washington Plaza did during our stay.

If ever I am back in Washington DC, the only place I will stay will be the Washington Plaza regardless of cost or the reason my trip.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to provide such a detailed feedback. I’m delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay and you experienced our warm hospitality during your visit. It was great to hear that Stephen was able to turn a negative experience into a positive one. We strive to recognize all our guests and make sure that they feel like our hotel is a “home away from home”. Thank you for all the compliments and we hope to welcome you and your wife back with us soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2017

Stayed one week with son on vacation from UK, large rooms lots of storage space good A/C longish walk to nearest metro but good location for restaurants and lively nightlife. Had a 100 dollar restaurant bill added that wasn't ours which was annoying but hey took it off with no argument.

Otherwise v helpful staff and no problems

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel! It was great to learn that you had a good experience at our property and you were pleased with your accommodations. I’m sorry about the mix-up with the Restaurant bill but I’m glad to hear it was rectified promptly. Please come back and see us again soon!