“Not Worth the Money”

Ranked #24 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
A TripAdvisor Member
“Not Worth the Money”
Reviewed October 18, 2004

We arrived at the hotel for a stay October 16, 2004 through October 19, 2004. We attended a seminar but late reservations prohibited us from getting into the hotel of our choice due to the many activities in the city. We arrived around four o'clock. Our credit card reservation specifically requested a King/non smoking room. They said they did not have one available for us but offered us an up-grade.

Well, I almost passed out when we arrived at our 6th floor room. The room did not have a clean and freshly made up appearance or smell. The furniture and lamps looked like something straight out of the Salvation Army. There was a sleeping area and a sitting area with a pull out sofa bed. The coverlet on the sofa looked like something picked up from a second hand store. They could have done better with a coverlet from K-Mart. The carpet was old, raveling and dingy. There was a rip down the carpet separating the two rooms. The hot and cold water facet in one bathroom ran at a trickle. The walls were completely bare and the lamps.

However, in spite of the terrible room, the staff members were very polite and accommodating, maybe they had not visited any of the rooms. The restaurant dinning was very good but not good enough to lure us into another stay even for one dollar.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chile
Reviewed October 14, 2004

After a 20 hour flight - and having asked for an early check in - I was kept standing up for 3 hours (because a large delegation was using all the seats at the lobby). I asked for a courtesy room so I could at least shower and the receptionists actually laughed at me. 3 hours later I got a room that was actually stinky and dark. To my surprise I was awaken by a horrible drilling noise that came from the hotel itself at 5:00 a.m.!!!
I asked for a new room and packed all my clothes so that they would only have to move my lugagge to the new room. Guess what? I got a new room that at least was clean but my suitcase was lost!!! Finally my lugagge was found and I simply checked out.....I know you won't believe me but the receptionists didn't give me a receipt because "I have already payed with my credit card" , so no receipt for me. End of the nightmare, thank God!!!

7 Thank Viajeraenfamilia
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 14, 2004

I'll begin at the beginning. 35 members of my family booked more than a dozen rooms at this hotel from 7/28-8/2. The service was almost nonexistant. Upon check-in, most of the rooms had to be changed at least once due to horrible smells, pealing paint (lead?) on windowsills where children were staying, plumbing that didn't work right and non-working air conditioning units. The staff was not cooperative and acted as if we were putting them out. One of my uncles had requested a refrigerator for his insulin when making his resevation and after getting in the 4th room, he put his medication in only to find it frozen the next morning when he went to use it. When my cousin asked the manager at the front desk for the telephone number of the local drugstore so his doctor could call in a replacement, she was told that he was busy & it was only a couple blocks away so she should just walk there. When she pointed out that his medication froze in the hotel's malfunctioning refrigerator, he got the number for her.
We were not allowed to use the pool for 2 of our 5 days there because they had private parties.
The service in the bar was very slow and unfriendly...again we were treated as if we were a inconvenience.
Any complaints directed to the manager were met with ambivilance. We tried to find out who the parent company for this hotel is to lodge a complaint, but came up with nothing.
The bottom line is; I would never stay at this hotel again and neither will anyone in my very large extended family.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member