“Great Experience”

Ranked #24 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Florence, South Carolina
“Great Experience”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We were pleased with our experience at this hotel. We had a promotional rate that included breakfast and parking. The parking was very convenient and breakfast was good with a large variety of items. Our room was upgraded to a king with a balcony. The room was very clean and obviously updated. The bathroom was clean but not as updated. The location was very convenient to our activities. This hotel was an great bargain for the cost. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Patricia P
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you so much for the 5-star review! I’m delighted to learn that you had a great experience at our hotel and found our location convenient to your activities. It’s great to know that we were able to give you a complimentary upgrade to a King room. We are all looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Tom Casey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We have just spent eight nights at this hotel while attending a Conference. The Hotel is exceptionally well run. The front desk is so helpful. The rooms are modern and spotless. Housekeeping is excellent. The Room was spacious and the separate toilet is really wonderful. The quality of the towels and linen must be mentioned. This is a first rate Hotel. The free wi-fi is a bonus with unlimited device access.

The walk to the Conference Centre is less than 10 minutes. We will certainly make use of the hotel in future

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Thomas Circle.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gavin K
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your recent conference. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your eight-night stay at our property and found our hotel operations to be run exceptionally well. Thank you for the compliments on our Front Desk and Housekeeping team. They will surely be delighted when they see this comment. We look forward to welcoming you back for another conference, or a leisure getaway.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I must say, my visit to the Washington Plaza Hotel was disappointing to say the east. The reviews and pictures of the hotel appeared to suggest a good hotel. However from my arrival i was repeatedly didappointed. The reception staff were the first issue. My arrival seemed to be a great inconvienience to them and while they were not rude, they certainly were not friendly or welcoming. They could do with taking a leaf out of the doormen's book who were at all time coureous and helpful. When i was checking out, i had a question abou the tax on the room. The reception staff spoke to me as if i was completely stupid to ask such a question! The hotel had free wifi but it was very slow. The room itself was very large and spotlessly clean but the noise forom the rooms next door and the street was terrible. The pool was one of the main reasons i booked this hotel, again i was disappointed to find that the pool is only open at certain times of the year. Overall this hotel could be greatly improved with a little sound profing and customer service training for the front desk!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank sk999
Thank you for taking the time to review the Washington Plaza Hotel. I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience with our Front Desk team. We strive to make every part of a guest’s stay as comfortable and effortless as possible, and I regret you felt mistreated in any way. I sincerely apologize for this experience and we will seek to improve on our service. Again, I regret that we disappointed you and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please feel free to contact me directly at generalmanager@washingtonplazahotel.com.

Lake City, Florida
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed at the Washington Plaza for five nights. Our 7th floor room had a large window that overlooked Thomas Circle. The bathroom was spacious and had the shower and commode in a separate room from the lavatory and closet. This room was clean and bottles of water were delivered each evening by housekeeping. There is a refrigerator in the room and a safe. The bed was comfortable and had a firm mattress. The pillows were the usual hotel pillows. The nearest Metro is a ten minute walk. The hotel staff was helpful and courteous. The only suggestion for improvement is with the wait staff. We ate breakfast in the dining room five mornings. One waiter was stand-offish , while the others were inattentive and/or slow. My husband selected the buffet each morning but I ordered from the menu. He often was almost done with his meal when I received my order of toast. Yes, that is all I eat in the morning. I had to flag down my waiters for a refill on coffee three of the five mornings. We would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Even at a higher floor the sirens and honking of cars will wake you up in the wee hours of the night...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear that overall, you enjoyed your stay and you would stay with us again in the future! I’m glad that you found your guestroom clean and well-appointed and your bed comfortable. However, I was disappointed to hear about the slow service you received at 10 Thomas Restaurant. I will certainly address your concerns with our Director of Outlets immediately to ensure situations such as these do not occur again. I sincerely hope you return to the Washington Plaza Hotel in the future so that we may improve upon your impression of our services.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have stayed in a lot of hotels, I am a single traveller looking for value, location, with a decent comfort, decent service and fast internet and found exactly that. I even left behind an item and they found it and sent it to me, thank you, it is honesty and service like that which will make me loyal to your hotel whenever I stay in your area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank dollar180973
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I appreciate your great comments, especially pointing out our location and value. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Washington Plaza Hotel. It was within walking distance of the metro, Ford's Theater, and White House. The rooms were clean and well kept. We had a breakfast buffet added onto our stay and thoroughly enjoyed the selection of food at the buffet. We found the staff to be very friendly and quick to help us out with whatever we needed. The cost was very affordable, especially for being in DC, and we felt that we got a great stay out of it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jen H
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear you had such a great experience at our hotel and glad you enjoyed the delicious breakfast buffet from 10 Thomas Restaurant. I appreciate you recognizing our efforts and pointing out our central location. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you to the Washington Plaza Hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We checked in late and were able to get room service, so we were already pretty pleased with the hotel but things got better. The room was huge as was the bathroom. There was a great ledge under the window where we sat and ate our room service while taking in the view. The staff were friendly too.

Best bit: The size of the room
Worst bit: Nothing

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AWholeNewWorld10
Thank you for posting your comments on your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm so pleased to read that you were satisfied with your stay right from your welcome, to your accommodations and services. It was a pleasure to have you here and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.