“Nice..”

Washington Plaza Hotel
Ranked #27 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I would start off by saying this is about a 4 star hotel. It has a nice location.. but not the best if you want to explore the museums... But you can get there easily. You are about 4 blocks from the subway system. You can come in Ronald Reagan airport and the subway is right there.. It will take you downtown to on 14th and Ave. I and the hotel is on 14th and ave. M (close) The subways is $3.50...The area always felt safe to me.. $3.50 and a 4 block walk will get my money next time. The shuttle from the airport took 1 hour (waiting) and it was $14.. The bell men always open the door.. all the time and the service from the front desk, maids are all great!! I went with my wife and daughter... and she booked a queen hoping for a roll away. Not going to happen... Not good but read the fine print before buying I have read the reviews.. Our bathrooms and room were always spotless.. Maids did a great job.. and at 4:00 in the afternoon the bring by bottled water everyday... no charge. The beds are nice and comfortable and the pillows are of High star quality.. a must for me. So, I am picky and it passed my approval)))). I slept good. Free internet included in the rooms.. That was a big plus.. and there is coffee in the rooms with a coffee pot,, great.. Now for the not so good.. The rooms are in need of a remodel.. It is not bad.. but they should get an upgrade soon. We never ate at the breakfast there so i cannot give a review about this.. There are no free breakfast here. The city was hot and I was on the top floor.. and the a/c's were cold.. they completely handled the job. I am from Texas.. I appreciate a good a/c )))) As I said before, the area is safe.. the front desk when you talk to them asking a question will treat you with respect and do not rush you.. they really want to help!! I would stay here again definitely CVS pharmacy 1 block away, and many restaurants everywhere. 4 thumbs up for me ))) Matt

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mattscards
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Washington Plaza Hotel. I am glad to know that you were very satisfied with your stay and were happy with your accommodations and convenience to the airport. Thank you for recognizing the excellent service provided by our Front Desk and Housekeeping team. They will be pleased to hear your expectations were met with the room being very clean and the linen of superior quality. We are thrilled you loved the hotel and would stay with us again.

There are newer reviews for Washington Plaza Hotel

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed here for over a week when I was in Washington D.C. This is a beautiful hotel and everyone who works here is absolutely fabulous. From the minute you arrive you feel welcome. The doormen welcome you right out of your car to the Washington Plaza - It is a nice touch. The rooms are fairly spacious, large extra area where the sink is allows for a spacious dressing area. The rooms are very well maintained and clean. Wi-Fi access was fast and fabulous as well. The pool area is beautiful and clean and even on a very warm day it accomodates alot of people without feeling crowded. The restaurant is excellent. I had breakfast here several times and the buffet is abundant with many fresh cooked options. The service in the restaurant was exceptional as well.
The location is great - about a 5 minute walk to the Metro station. There are many restaurants around the hotel as well if you want to take a walk about the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great hotel in the District. I will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyGalOakPark

Thank you so much for the 5-star review! I am delighted to hear you had such a great experience at our hotel and glad you enjoyed the delicious breakfast from Ten Thomas Restaurant. I appreciate the compliments about our friendly team and I will be sure to pass them along. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had a wonderful four night stay at the Washington Plaza. From the moment we arrived the staff made us feel most welcome, nothing was too much trouble. The room we had was excellent, with a view over Thomas Circle, very spacious and a very comfortable bed, which came in very handy after hours spent walking around the sights of DC. I note that some reviewers felt the rooms were small, I certainly would not feel that was the case with the room we had. There is a pool at the front of the hotel which borders the roads around Thomas Circle although is it completely hidden from the road.

Initially I was a little concerned that the hotel was not as central as I would have liked however that issue was very quickly dispelled as it isn’t a particularly long walk down either 14th or Vermont and 15th to get to the centre of DC. The Macpherson Metro stop on 14th is within a 5 minute walk plus the concierge are very adept are getting taxis if required.

All the staff were very pleasant and accomodating. Room service was excellent with the bed being turned down each night and fresh bottles of water left in the fridge.

We ate in the lounge bar on a couple of nights and the food was good and not overly expensive.

We would have no hesitation in staying at the Washington Plaza should we return to DC and would have no problem in recommending this hotel to anyone planning a visit to Washington DC.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank watchman48

Thank you for providing such wonderful feedback on your recent stay at our property. I am excited to hear that you had an excellent stay. I appreciate your kind acknowledgement of our team and their dedication to making our guests’ stay memorable. I was happy to hear that they were able to put you in a room with a great view of Thomas Circle. Thank you for all of the compliments and we greatly appreciate your kind recommendation. We hope this experience brings you back to stay with us upon your return to Washington, DC!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

we had a problem at check-in due to miscommunication between Orbitz and the hotel. Orbitz was fine and resolved the problem, but the front desk hotel staff were not at all helpful.
the rooms are micro-small, and apparently we had one of the bigger ones. However the beds were really comfortable .
I was given incorrect information from the front desk regarding drop off point from a city tour - they told me that I would be returned to the hotel. Not correct. It was a $10 cab ride away.
The overall experience was OK, but not fantastic. Rate was great for a Sunday night,, but would not want to pay from $200-$300 if I was there on a weekenight.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank justhelpingottawa

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear about your experience with our Front Desk. I apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this issue might have caused you. I have spoken to the Front Office Manager about how we can improve our communication with our guests. Your feedback is much appreciated and we hope this will not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Literally I arrived in the middle of the night and was grateful the bed was turned down. I really had no time to really notice the amenities and so on. I did however really like the decor. I could not have anticipated that I would oversleep I was so comfortable. I had a morning appointment and really overslept. My stay in the room was limited but I was so impressed with the presentation that I took photos. This review is months overdue but well deserved. I don't know about services so I do not know if I would choose this hotel for a vacation stay but it is certainly very stylish and a professional environment for a business trip! I would definately do it again!! They could do more

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Teachme T
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Washington, DC. I am glad you were able to enjoy our turndown service and our unique décor. We pride ourselves on being a hotel that has something for everyone to enjoy whether on a business or leisure trip, and we are delighted you were satisfied with our accommodations. We look forward to welcoming you back for another business trip, but more preferably a leisure getaway.

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was cheaper than my conference venue hotel, and they have a pool, albeit not as big as it looks in the photo. All in all, I'm quite satisfied. The staff were friendly and helpful. Good cleaning of the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank audunbeyer

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at our property. I’m glad to hear you were satisfied with your stay. Thank you for recognizing our team and pointing out our beautiful pool. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you to the Washington Plaza Hotel.

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week on a business trip. I thought the room was nice and the service was well performed. Everything I wanted to see though was far away. The one really negative thing I had was the meeting rooms were extremely cold.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Pentukey

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad to hear that you were happy with your accommodations and the service provided. I’m sorry to learn that the location of the hotel didn’t fit your needs and I apologize for the inconvenience regarding the cold temperature in the meeting rooms. We hope that these occurrences do not deter you from joining us on your next visit to Washington, DC.