“Great hotel for a great price”

Washington Plaza Hotel
Ranked #24 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great hotel for a great price”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed here by chance from a booking off of priceline. Hotel was pretty big and very nice and clean. All the staff are very friendly. Restaurant in the hotel has great food at a reasonable price. The rooms seem to be a little small, but I assume they want to get as many people in the hotel as they can, so maybe that was the intent. The rooms are very nice and have everything you'd need for a few days stay. Hotel is located in downtown DC and is a walk to a lot of sites.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ohio
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here for four nights. Rooms are small, but they were clean - plus it was a nice amenity to receive two bottles of water plus ice delivered to my room each evening. Beds are not all that comfortable - I kept waking up during the night because of it. Exercise room is a disappointment as there's very little space. The restaurant's breakfast leaves much to be desired. Found the staff to be friendly. Only a 10-minute walk from the White House and the Smithsonian museums.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Regina, Canada
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Me and a friend stayed in this hotel for 3N/4D on November 15-18, 2012. The facilities were great.. the room was beyond what we expected (in a good way). We paid $125 per room per night and that is cheap considering the facilities and the room of this hotel. The room is clean.. the hallway is well lit. The bed was comfy and nice.. the whole atmosphere of this hotel exudes a 5 star hotel for a 3-4 star rate per night.

The only downfall is that it is not near the tourist attractions. Its about 15 minutes away by cab from white house and about 20 minutes or more from Union Station and Smithsonian.

If i were to go back to DC and would like to stay in a hotel that is not crowded.. i would stay again in this hotel but if i want to go to the tourist attractions, i would stay in a hotel nearer. You need a cab (which is additional cost for a tourist) if you want to visit the tourist spots.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Beezybeez
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was at Washington Plaza for 1 night only. The experience was good in general. The bed was comfortable, the room clean and there is complementary wifi. The room I got was a bit noisy due to the DC traffic and also some weird loud noise every time the heater came on. I'll blame that on the room itself and since I didn't ask for another room, I won't hold it against the hotel.

The location is pretty good, Thomas Circle is very lively and there are a number of restaurants in walking distance.

I pretty much got what I paid for, a nice room, with a nice bed for me to spend a night in. No complains here. The staff was very polite and pleasant as well.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that does not face the DC traffic. The noise kept waking me up while I was sleep...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tuckerton, New Jersey
Reviewed November 25, 2012

After checking into room 721 my husband went into the bathroom and saw a roach i was in shock i called the front desk who was of little help only saying we would have to talk to someone else the next day there was no way i was sleeping in this room. my husband and i decided to go out cool off and come back when we came back i saw another roach crawling on my daughters pampers at this point im livid i went to the front desk fuming they then changed our room by the way we killed the roach and left in the room for them to see there only reply was they would have the room sprayed that led me to believe they know they have this problem although they changed our room to an upgrade room the effect was there and i really didn't want to stay there the whole stay there i was on the look for more roaches it was very uncomfortable i will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Scooby454
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We arrived early on Tuesday 11/ 20 /2012 and was expecting to be told we could not check in but to my surprise we where checked in . The room was beautiful a bit small but very cozy the bed was huge and comfortable.. We had read several reviews and where a little worried about the staff but all I can say it the staff was amazing very very helpful and friendly beyond words..the only thing I didn't understand the 25.00 to park the car a night I think that was a bit much . But overall I would stay there again loved how close it was to everything...the breakfast buffet not so good it costs 19.00 and everything was cold .. Told the manager and he seemed confused and never came back to offer a apology or a reason why the food was cold . Now for me being in the business that was a big no no was not looking for a free meal but it should have been taken care of promptly .that is the only bad thing I can say about this hotel....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here while touring the area. We loved the pool area, it was like a little hideaway form city life outside.

We were promptly greeted by friendly staff and given our room with no extra charge even though we were about 2 hours early!

Loved the turn down service. Very nice to come back after a day of walking all over the city to find water bottles in room for us :O)

The room was very clean and comfortable.

We dined twice in restaurant and had very good food and service both times.

We will definately rebook here next time in area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple