“Great Location”

Washington Plaza Hotel
Ranked #27 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel online based on a few reviews and mainly the location for a long birthday weekend. (6 blocks behind the Whitehouse) It was basically a steal for $70 a night!

First when we arrived at the front desk exceptionally wonderful and personable service was provided. We told him it was my birthday and we got upgraded to a higher floor. It was so sweet!

The Room- Spacious and Modern with all of the conveniences of a good hotel room. Wonderful bath area. High end shampoos and soaps were a plus! Great view of Thomas Circle.

This hotel is within walking distance in each direction of everything we wanted to see... Georgetown, the Whitehouse, the Smithsonian Museums, etc!

Restaurants were a little iffy in the area... we did head out towards Georgetown the second night and found some amazing places. (Georgetown Cupcakes)

All in all- I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your birthday weekend! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, our convenient location and the high floor upgrade. I was pleased to read you found the room modern and spacious and you loved our amenities. We strive to give great service to all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The room was clean but small. We eat at the resturant twice and we really enjoyed the meals. We were in walking distance to most of the attractions which was very convenient. We had one problem with our own car that was parked below the hotel. The pipes above our car leaked some sort of lime/calcium deposit on it. It was real hard to get off. The only thing that would work was CLR cleaner.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel and the delicious meals from the Ten Thomas Restaurant. However, I am so sorry to hear about the issue with your car and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Your feedback is much appreciated and we hope this will not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Hotel was priced good for a weekend visit, but way too high weekdays. Bar/food on premises, although we didn't eat there (a lot in walking distance). Prepare to walk, parking is tough in this area, we paid $30 to pay for our stay underground the hotel in addition to the room price - but this is normal in that area. About a mile walk to the White House & other things to see in that area. Shuttles all over, best way to get around. The down point of this (and other hotels in DC) is that the stairs are not freely accessible.

Room Tip: There were 3 rates, a full priced, one with a 24-hour cancellation period, and the best was one with...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and for staying with us! It’s great to hear you enjoyed the close proximity of our hotel to many DC attractions and public transportation. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The staff was excellent and super friendly, from the doorman to front desk to the bar. While my room was quite small, it was clean and the bed with SIX pillows was awesome. The only one issue I noticed was the inconsistent hot water. My showers went from cool to hot, neither extreme but it's the one thing I remember that was bad. The food at the bar/intl restaurant is excellent (recommend the hanger steak). Hotel location is excellent and a quick walk to many good restaurants and bars, easy walk to the convention center as well as the white house and other attractions on the mall.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ron M

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate the compliments about our friendly team, comfortable beds and convenient location. I am sorry that you encountered issues with the water temperature in the shower. We are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Really enjoyed my stay at the Washington Plaza, we had a nice room on the top floor which was spacious and spotlessly clean. Room had all the usual amenities + a fridge and free wifi.

The staff were very friendly and professional. Some other nice touches, for example a newspaper was left outside the door every morning and someone would come round in the early evening and fill up the ice bucket and leave some bottles of water in the room - very welcome after lots of walking on a warm day.

Location was pretty convenient, roughly a 15 minute walk from the white house. There was also a pharmacy across the street and a number of food options in the surrounding area.

Would definitely recommend the Washington Plaza.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Martin8472
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had an amazing staying at the Washington Plaza over the summer. I usually book via Priceline or Expedia but did some digging around and found a great rate right on the hotel's website that included breakfast, parking, and a drink for each guest in the hotel’s bar.

I will give a brief rundown of some important factors of the hotel:

Guest room: I was given a huge 2 bedroom suite (I couldn't even think of the last time I stayed in a suite) with a separate bedroom and living room with 2 flat screen TVs, couch, desk, table, bathroom with marble, and free wireless internet. The room appeared to have been recently renovated and was immaculate.

Parking: there is an underground garage and even though you don't really need a car in DC there are unlimited in and out privileges which usually isn’t the case as hotels.

Wifi: It’s free and is high speed. Enough said.

Location: the hotel is a 5 minute walk from the metro, a 10 minute walk from Dupont Circle and a 20 minute walk from the Mall. The only downside is the immediate around surrounding the hotel is somewhat desolate. The area surrounding the hotel is in no ways unsafe - just surrounded by residential buildings, office buildings, a beautiful church and a few other hotels.

Breakfast: the free breakfast was actually served in the hotel’s restaurant and was a full service breakfast - not just a continental breakfast! Omelets, pancakes, waffles, yogurt bar, pastries - you get the idea!

Service - the entire staff was helpful and friendly

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I found this hotel a useful base during a recent visit to DC. All the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful. My only gripe was the level of road noise from Thomas Circle audible in the room. Perhaps a back room would be a better option.

• Stayed: October 2012