Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$269
$444
$399
The Watergate
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$279
$223
  • Breakfast included
$339
$239
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$402
$242
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$221
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$233
Hotelpower.com
4,572 results
All reviewsdupont circlewine hourwine receptionexecutive kinganimal print robescomplimentary wineyoga mathuge roomphillips collectioneach eveningoutdoor poolfront desk staffmini barloved this hotelembassy rowmetro stationwhite house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2014

What friendly helpful service! From prompt email responses to a smile & hello from every single employee, the Palomar was outstanding. They helped recommend dog daycare & appropriate day tours, & really know their stuff. Location is great for walking to Starbucks a few doors down & little cafés nearby. They offer complimentary coffee in the morning & wine in the afternoon, which gathers a lively scene. In this price range, this is the place I would definitely return to.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Karen317
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I am not paying justice to this hotel as I am writing this review much later after I stayed there (fall 2011) -yet they were so good that they deserve mentioning in trip advisor. I organised a 10-people business meeting at this hotel. Traditionally, we book at 4-star hotels, we try to avoid big and chain hotels. We try to be in town so to walk to places. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the hotel and the staff. We work hard at these meetings, hence everything has to work without problems and we need to ensure that we can all rest/work comfortable (quite, comfortable room) particularly as attendees come from around the world. Nothing was cause of concern here, everything was perfect from technical, to rooms, arrangements and food. What stroke me most was the friendliness of the staff, in business, it is so often talked about the 'extra mile', well this was an experience of the 'extra 100 miles' to say the least. Should I ever have to organise a meeting in Washington DC, this would be the first place I would look at. Unless more recent reviews contadict this opinion, I can only highly recommend the hotel. Thank you for the enjoyable stay despite having to work hard!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Abe L, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Hello Tuffedpuffin,

Thank you for your review. What an excellent experience indeed. I appreciate you sharing the meeting booking experience with the traveling community. We so often receive reviews about leisure experiences, so it's good to see a business perspective. The extra mile, that's a road less traveled for some, not us!

Cheers,

Reviewed July 12, 2014

A short walk to the subway and then a quick ride to all the attractions. We could leave the hotel and be at the Smithsonian in 30 minutes. There are some really great restaurants either in the same street or one street away. We ate Thai, Moroccan and Irish and enjoyed all three.
The hotel staff appear to be trying to attract a younger market but possibly trying a bit too hard. They have happy hour each night and have music playing in the foyer louder than what you would normally expect for your average hotel foyer. Instead of a gym there was a sculpting room and instead of a kettle you got a yoga mat. If you wanted to have tea or coffee you had to go down to the foyer to get it. This may have encouraged people to mix and mingle but wasn't anywhere near as convenient for the tired traveller (especially if you were in your PJ's)!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Susan G,

Thanks for your review. Sounds like overall an awesome experience. For the complimentary morning coffee service, it does encourage a more social environment. In the future, we can totally accommodate having a coffee maker, delivered in room, prior to arrival. Just need to include it on your reservation requests.

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Great location! A slow-pacced, 5-minute walk to Dupont Circle.

Lobby was not as sleek as pictured. During happy hour each day, it was filled with high-energy, fun-loving guests. With pet water and food bowls at the door, it felt a bit like I was visiting a friend's home.

Double room was great. Beds were comfortable. Loved the throw on each bed. My son loved all the movies on the TV.

Great concierge service. Friendly, efficient staff at the front desk. I had trouble with my toilet - maintenance person was great as well.

I would gladly visit again.

Room Tip: Singles were very small. I chose upgrade to double room and was happy with it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Hi Lisa A,

Thank you for your review. Sounds like a very enjoyable experience. We do have quite the bustling lobby, especially during our nightly Evening Hosted Wine Reception. As for the room size comment, might I suggest booking our Executive Category for a future stay? For a small upgrade cost, you receive significantly more room.

Cheers,

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my son arrived at 2am in the morning and even at that time the staff were so helpful. The next day I enquired about booking baseball tickets and rachel the assistant manager did the whole thing for me even down to printing the tickets. She also organised the free bikes that this kimpton now provide. These were a great way of getting round the city and getting to see all the monuments in 1 day.
Our room was massive which was great for a city hotel. The location of the hotel is in a really vibrant area with nice local restauraunts instead of chain restaurants, lots of art galleries and close to the dupont metro. Its also close to a park if you fancy a run and a short walk to georgetown to shop and sip coffee and cakes in "baked and wired" on jefferson :)
We stayed in the Palomar while the world cup match of Belgium Vs. Usa was on and not only did they show it on their big screen but they also provided complimentary beer for the duration, along with the wine hour too....a very nice touch.
The pool and the gym both very clean and fresh fruit provided in the gym every morning too. Pool was a godsend for the hot summer days after cycling round washington.
Everyone that goes to Washington should stay here. .. Thanks Palomar for a great start to our holidays and ill definitely be booking with kimpton hotels in the future.
Louisa.