4,728 results
All reviews dupont circle wine hour wine reception executive king animal print robes complimentary wine yoga mat phillips collection huge room each evening outdoor pool front desk staff mini bar embassy row metro station white house few blocks
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I am not paying justice to this hotel as I am writing this review much later after I stayed there (fall 2011) -yet they were so good that they deserve mentioning in trip advisor. I organised a 10-people business meeting at this hotel. Traditionally, we book at 4-star hotels, we try to avoid big and chain hotels. We try to be in town so to walk to places. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the hotel and the staff. We work hard at these meetings, hence everything has to work without problems and we need to ensure that we can all rest/work comfortable (quite, comfortable room) particularly as attendees come from around the world. Nothing was cause of concern here, everything was perfect from technical, to rooms, arrangements and food. What stroke me most was the friendliness of the staff, in business, it is so often talked about the 'extra mile', well this was an experience of the 'extra 100 miles' to say the least. Should I ever have to organise a meeting in Washington DC, this would be the first place I would look at. Unless more recent reviews contadict this opinion, I can only highly recommend the hotel. Thank you for the enjoyable stay despite having to work hard!

Date of stay: August 2013
Trip type: Traveled on business
Abe L, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Hello Tuffedpuffin,

Thank you for your review. What an excellent experience indeed. I appreciate you sharing the meeting booking experience with the traveling community. We so often receive reviews about leisure experiences, so it's good to see a business perspective. The extra mile, that's a road less traveled for some, not us!

Cheers,

Reviewed July 12, 2014

A short walk to the subway and then a quick ride to all the attractions. We could leave the hotel and be at the Smithsonian in 30 minutes. There are some really great restaurants either in the same street or one street away. We ate Thai, Moroccan and Irish and enjoyed all three.
The hotel staff appear to be trying to attract a younger market but possibly trying a bit too hard. They have happy hour each night and have music playing in the foyer louder than what you would normally expect for your average hotel foyer. Instead of a gym there was a sculpting room and instead of a kettle you got a yoga mat. If you wanted to have tea or coffee you had to go down to the foyer to get it. This may have encouraged people to mix and mingle but wasn't anywhere near as convenient for the tired traveller (especially if you were in your PJ's)!

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi Susan G,

Thanks for your review. Sounds like overall an awesome experience. For the complimentary morning coffee service, it does encourage a more social environment. In the future, we can totally accommodate having a coffee maker, delivered in room, prior to arrival. Just need to include it on your reservation requests.

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Great location! A slow-pacced, 5-minute walk to Dupont Circle.

Lobby was not as sleek as pictured. During happy hour each day, it was filled with high-energy, fun-loving guests. With pet water and food bowls at the door, it felt a bit like I was visiting a friend's home.

Double room was great. Beds were comfortable. Loved the throw on each bed. My son loved all the movies on the TV.

Great concierge service. Friendly, efficient staff at the front desk. I had trouble with my toilet - maintenance person was great as well.

I would gladly visit again.

Room tip: Singles were very small. I chose upgrade to double room and was happy with it.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Hi Lisa A,

Thank you for your review. Sounds like a very enjoyable experience. We do have quite the bustling lobby, especially during our nightly Evening Hosted Wine Reception. As for the room size comment, might I suggest booking our Executive Category for a future stay? For a small upgrade cost, you receive significantly more room.

Cheers,

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my son arrived at 2am in the morning and even at that time the staff were so helpful. The next day I enquired about booking baseball tickets and rachel the assistant manager did the whole thing for me even down to printing the tickets. She also organised the free bikes that this kimpton now provide. These were a great way of getting round the city and getting to see all the monuments in 1 day.
Our room was massive which was great for a city hotel. The location of the hotel is in a really vibrant area with nice local restauraunts instead of chain restaurants, lots of art galleries and close to the dupont metro. Its also close to a park if you fancy a run and a short walk to georgetown to shop and sip coffee and cakes in "baked and wired" on jefferson :)
We stayed in the Palomar while the world cup match of Belgium Vs. Usa was on and not only did they show it on their big screen but they also provided complimentary beer for the duration, along with the wine hour too....a very nice touch.
The pool and the gym both very clean and fresh fruit provided in the gym every morning too. Pool was a godsend for the hot summer days after cycling round washington.
Everyone that goes to Washington should stay here. .. Thanks Palomar for a great start to our holidays and ill definitely be booking with kimpton hotels in the future.
Louisa.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The Palomar DC is very conveniently located on Dupont Circle. The main tourist sites are all within walking distance but if you don't want to walk there is also a metro station very close by and from there you can easily get about the city.
The hotel allows pets which we were concerned about as my husband has a pet hair allergy but we needn't have worried. We were given a huge room on a pet free floor and on the one occasion in our 6 night stay that we were disturbed by barking dogs from the floor above it was dealt with very quickly by the reception staff.
The nightly free wine reception is great as it is a fantastic way of meeting other guests and we met some lovely people during our stay. There are lots of nice eating places within easy walking distance and we'd advise a stroll to Georgetown to visit Thomas Sweets ice cream shop .....yummy!
This was our first experience of a Kimpton hotel and we have to say that everyone we have dealt with has been lovely, from the initial booking team to the staff in the hotel and to Nabeel the Front Office Manager who very quickly responded to the feedback we posted on the hotel site.
We loved our stay so much we are already arranging to go back again next year and we have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room tip: Our room was on the 7th floor overlooking P street and it was great.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple