“Wonderful!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Prescott, Arizona
“Wonderful!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Very nice. That they allow dogs is a plus and they are good for the soul.

Palomar hit all the right points. Nice wine hour, reward program, great location. Staff was friendly and facilities clean. Love the fireplace in the lobby.

We have already booked our next stay here.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Holden20777
H0telmanager10, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive review Holden20777. We are glad that you chose our hotel and had a great time. We are really proud of the warm, intimate atmosphere that we created and love that you noticed. Make sure to let know when you return to Washington and let me know what we can do to make this a five star experience for you. I look forward to welcoming you back—Jerry Chou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (780)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Due to a work event I had to stay in DC for the evening and had to check in very late. That's what made me so sad. This hotel was quite lovely and I wish I was able to enjoy all the amenities. I will definitely stay here again. Amazing room and great service!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank BigRedSoBo
Thank you so much for your fantastic review BigRedSoBo. I am glad you chose to stay with us for your last minute stay for work and had a great time. I am sorry to hear that your visit was very brief but it will give you something more to look forward to on your return. Make sure to let me know when you are coming back to DC, I will personally ensure you an excellent stay. I look forward to welcoming you back soon –Jerry Chou
London
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The Palomar Hotel is about as good as it gets for mid market travellers like us without going superluxe.
The staff were superb from the moment we entered the lobby until the day we left when they booked a cut price limo for us to the airport. Any questions we had about travel or entertainment were met with an efficient and unhurried response.
The hotel we had just left was poor so we asked for a quiet room on arrival. The receptionist checked us in to what seemed like a suite when we walked in to it. The price card in the closet was so expensive I double checked at the desk to confirm it was within my tariff.
At Happy Hour they provided guests with a free glass of wine and nibbles in the lobby.
Somebody once said 'it's not what you do but the way that you do it,' which is so true for the staff at the Palomar.

Room Tip: Ask nicely at the desk.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
H0telmanager10, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your excellent review QualityManagerLondon. We are thrilled that you chose our hotel and had a great stay. The Hotel Palomar prides itself in providing the best possible service anywhere and I am pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you so much for the kind words about the staff, I will be sure to share your comments with them and I know it will be greatly appreciated. Reach out to me when you return to Washington, I will be sure to make it another fantastic stay for you.—Jerry Chou
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The Palomar is always on point when I stay there. The staff are superb, the ambiance is excellent and the rooms are plush and inviting - ideal for relaxing after a long day. The gym is small but has everything one needs to get in a good workout. Definitely great value for the money. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Every room I've had has been good. Ask for a room with the jacuzzi bathtub if you like to soak.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your excellent review Charles W. We are pleased that you chose our hotel and found it to be of great value. Thank you for the kind words about our staff, it will be shared with our staff and I know it will be greatly appreciated. We take pride in providing the best possible service anywhere and it is a so wonderful to hear about your experience. Make sure to reach out to me on your next local getaway, I will be sure to make it another 5 star experience for you.—Jerry Chou
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend. From the start the valet guy was welcoming and nice. The lobby is really upscale and the front desk host greeted us by name. We reserved the room with the Fiji soaking tub and it was beyond what I was expecting. There was Campaign in the room and chocolate covered strawberries. The room itself looked like it was from out of an HGTV magazine. The food at the restaurant connected to the hotel was good but not enough. There is also a wine tasting from 5pm-6pm in the lobby. This is a great hotel for a girls weekend or a romantic getaway for two! Overall we are coming back very soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
H0telmanager10, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you so much for your fantastic review justmia30. I am thrilled that you chose our hotel and had a great time. Thank you for the kinds words about the staff and the service you receive. The Palomar prides itself in providing the best possible service anywhere and I am pleased to hear about your experience. It is awesome to hear that you are looking forward to coming back very soon. Make sure to reach out to me and I will be sure to make it another 5 star stay for you.—Jerry Chou
san francisco
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Overall, this hotel is really good value. Here are some pluses and minuses:

Pluses
-Great location, very central and a short walk to metro
-Good, up-to-date gym with complimentary fruit and ear buds
-Free wifi for Kimpton in touch members
-Courteous staff

Minuses
- Though our room was large, the fixtures were dated. Everything was very clean though
- Wifi is pretty slow
- TV didn't have the local NBC affiliate channel that showed the olympics. Really??

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank wanderlustinwithsun
Thank you for your positive review wanderlustinwithsun. I am happy you found our hotel to be of very good value. Thank you for noting in your review about the courteous staff and the great location. Sorry about some of the fixtures in the room being dated, I am happy to let you know that we are starting to plan for a renovation so all the small detail are soon to be addressed. Make sure to come and see us again when you return to the Nation’s Capital. We will be sure to make it another wonderful stay.—Jerry Chou
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I love hotels. I was recently in DC for a business trip and since it was my first time there I decided to splurge and stay at the Palomar. Boy did I make the right choice (but you cant go wrong with a Kimpton)! I highly recommend joining their guest loyalty program. I received a $10 mini bar credit, free wi-fi and a daily newspaper. Plus if you know a “secret word” then you get an added amenity (I received 2 free breakfasts)!

I elected to stay in an executive king and the room was HUGE! There was a great desk for getting work done, a lounge chair and the comfiest bed in the world! The décor is modern without being garish.

The best part of the stay was the staff. I was always welcomed and asked how my day was going. The housekeeping staff was top-notch! A special “thank you” goes to the front desk evening staff. I forgot my laptop in the cab from the airport and was devastated. They were so nice and reassured me everything would be OK. Indeed the cab driver found my bag and returned it to the hotel!!!! The comforting words (and Kleenex) from the front desk was amazing.

There is an onsite restaurant which serves all 3 meals. Breakfast was good, but dinner was fabulous! It has a hip vibrant vibe and serves small plates of pasta and Mediterranean food. Definitely check out Urbana!
The elevators are being re-done at the moment.

Room Tip: The Executive rooms are huge!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Grnbug2000
Thank you so much for your great review Grnbug2000. I am thrilled that you chose to stay with us for your business trip in Washington and had a wonderful time. I really appreciate you taking the time to give such fantastic feedback about our staff. The Palomar DC prides itself on providing the best possible service anywhere and it is awesome to hear about your experience. I am going to share your comments with the staff and I know it will be greatly appreciated. Make sure to contact me when you return to Washington, I will be sure to make it another 5 star stay for you.—Jerry Chou