“Terrific hotel”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC
Ranked #39 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Very nice hotel in a great area! The staff was extremely friendly and pleasant. We had an over-sized king room that was very spacious and nicely appointed. Wine hour/snacks in the late afternoon and a very nice bar connected to the hotel as well. Far surpassed my experience at The Fairfax a couple of blocks away last time I was in DC!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
H0telmanager10, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for your terrific review srh615. The Palomar DC does have some of the most spacious rooms in the city and is centrally located to all the major attractions in the city. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience. Make sure to come and see us again when you return to the Nation’s Capital. We will be sure to make it another fantastic stay- Jerry Chou

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on business and really enjoyed my stay. The hotel is located near the DuPont Circle, within an easy walking distance to restaurants and shops. The staff was cordial and professional, and I was especially impressed by the catering staff who were gracious and non-intrusive. My room was very spacious and well appointed. Joining the Kimpton InTouch loyalty program will get you a free wi-fi and a $10 credit to the mini-bar -- little perks that were very much appreciated. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NYC-mom-500

Thank you for your fantastic review NYC-mom-500. We are thrilled that you chose our hotel and had a great time. I am glad you hear that you enjoyed your spacious room and well appointed room. I also thank you very much for the kind word about our staff. Make sure you contact me when you return to Washington and we will be sure to make it another wonderful stay for you. Thank you again for choosing Hotel Palomar- Jerry Chou

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a quick overnight trip to DC. Great location right in Dupont Circle. The room was huge and comfortable. The staff (especially the bellhops) were exceptionally friendly and helpful. This place is a far reach from the stuffy, one-note, cookie cutter big chain hotels. It's hip and chic, as well as comfortable.

1  Thank Emily G

Thank you for your wonderful review Emily G. It is true that the Palomar DC is in a great location close to all the main attractions in the city and has some of the nicest most spacious rooms anywhere in the city. I am pleased to read that you were very satisfied with your stay and with our staff. Next time you’re in town, let me know. I will be sure to make it another wonderful stay for you. Thank you again for choosing Hotel Palomar– Jerry Chou

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I am writing this post to comment on the excellent care they provided for my dog. I am not going to comment on how nice the place is, 500 other people have already done that.

Making my reservation, I was asked if I was bringing any pets, I had not thought I was at first, but because they allow them (Refundable 150.00 pet deposit at sign in) I brought my dog. Upon check in they provided a bed, two dog bowls, extra blankets and a card that noted that anything that the kitchen can do for our dog please let us know. Now my dog loves turkey, and now a habit, we give her some every night. I called downstairs and every night the kitchen staff would bring up a small plate with a very fancy looking baked turkey.

The hotel will also take your dog on walks (I did not have them do this), but they really were great with caring for our dog.

Also I got my room for $141 a night during early November 2013 to give anyone a reference on price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the South side of the building. That faces the city.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PlatinumGraphite
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We decided at the last minute to take a weekend trip to DC. We did our trip research as usual, and decided to stay at this hotel. We are so happy that we did! The place is beautiful and very clean. The staff are all extremely friendly and knowledgable of the area. The hotel is in a quiet location, not in the touristy downtown area, and there are plenty of restaurants and bars nearby. Georgetown is also super close, and worth the walk as it is a beautiful neighborhood. The main attractions in the city are also a quick cab ride away (about $12 each way for 2 people). Anyway, the hotel room itself was beautiful. We stayed on the third floor and honestly the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on! I also loved the 5pm wine reception, which I will take over a continental breakfast any day! We will defiantly be returning.

1  Thank Tds1983
H0telmanager10, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review Tds1983. I am so glad you chose to stay with us for your last minute weekend getaway. The Palomar DC is truly in a great location just a short stroll or short cab ride away from most of the main attractions in the city. I am glad that you noticed how comfortable the beds are as we just replaced every single bed in the hotel about two month. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. - Jerry Chou

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Just stayed here for 3 nights and this is one of the best we have stayed in . A great Boutique hotel in a good location, excellent friendly staff and big/modern rooms (we were on the 8th floor). The reception was busy in the mornings due to conferences etc but not busy enough to put you off staying there and the free wine offered for an hour in the evening made it busy also.
The only downside to this was that there never seemed to be enough staff in the restaurant/bar areas so we always seemed to wait a while to get served, especially in the bar. If they put more staff in these areas then it would have got a 5 rating !

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor
1  Thank Lajam

Thank you for the good review Lajam. It is true that the Palomar DC is in a great central location and has some of the largest rooms in the city. The situation you encountered with the delay in service while dining is Urbana is pretty rare looks like you may have caught us on an off night. Sorry you had that experience. Please let me know when you return to Washington so we can ensure that we get it everything right and get that future 5 star rating from you -Jerry Chou

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Last minute reservation via Hotel Tonight and we could not have been happier. We were there for the MCM and our other hotel was terrible. The staff here was VERY friendly and accommodating. They gave us direction everywhere and it was very convenient to metro and other sites. Great room and if you have a dog, they are welcome! I only wish they had coffee in the hotel rooms. But it is free in the lobby. I highly recommend it!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank allinclusive49022

Thank you for the fantastic review allinclusive49022. Our staff really does try hard to go above and beyond the calls of duty to ensure that everyone entering our hotel enjoys their visit and we really appreciate the kind words about our staff. In regards to the coffee maker, we do actually offer in room coffee makers upon request so please make sure to note that on your future reservation and we will be sure to have that set up in the room for you. Make sure you come and see us again when you return to Washington- Jerry Chou