Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC
$351
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$328
$287
  • Breakfast included
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$409
  • Room Service
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
$199
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$404
$375
$271
  • Breakfast included
4,584 results
All reviewsdupont circlewine hourwine receptionexecutive kinganimal print robescomplimentary wineyoga mathuge roomphillips collectioneach eveningoutdoor poolfront desk staffmini barloved this hotelembassy rowmetro stationwhite house
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Absolutely brilliant location within easy reach of the Metro and walking distance (if you like a brisk hike) to all the sites of the Mall and Capitol Hill.
American customer service is renowned but the staff at The Palomar surpassed every expectation and previous experience. It was so nice to be greeted each time we walked into the lobby and for a 300+ room hotel it was great to be remembered. We did have a couple of issues with our room but they were sorted quickly and efficiently with no quibbles.
The room was compact, but clean with good hanging space (plenty of coat hangers) a free safe, DVD player, big TV, IPod dock and a good sized bathroom with nice fluffy white towels. The “his and her” animal print robes where very snuggily and my husband looked divine in his, which amused me no end.
The hotel holds an informal wine reception in the Lobby every afternoon and there is no issue with taking the wine back to your room or if you can't make it, reception will give you a token to use at the bar later. Bartender Jo was great, try his Margaritas - they are deliciously lethal. However, skip the “Continental Breakfast” and pop next door to Starbucks or for a really great selection Le Pain Quotidien is just up the road.
The concierge service was excellent; they arranged same day reservations at two extremely popular Washington eating institutions. My English voltage hair straighters didn’t work (should have realised) the hotel brought me a new set to the room which I used all week. There is a small, but well equipped gym. The hotel does have a pool but it’s outside, so no need to pack your swim suit like we did, if you are travelling in winter.
A fabulous all round experience that I would recommend. If I was travelling in the US again I would certainly plan to stay at a Kimpton.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Globetrottingboo
hotelmanager_9, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Globetrottingboo,
Thank you so much for a great review. We are so happy you enjoyed your vacation in DC. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon. Happy Holidays, Stephane

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was my first stay at a Kimpton Hotel. We couldn't have picked a better hotel. Spent our 1st year anniversary at this hotel. Check-in staff was very friendly and genuinely welcoming. We received a complimentary upgrade and 50$ dining credit. A bottle of sparking wine and some chocolates were waiting in our room to my surprise. Thank you very much!! Can't wait for our next stay at a Kimpton.

Room Tip: Take advantage of their "password" that can be found online (eg twitter).
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank metito4s

Dear balletbotox,
Thank you so much for celebrating your first anniversary with us. Love to read you had a great time and were surprised by our little gift we left behind. We hope to see you again soon. Happy Holidays, Stephane

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I'm reviewing this hotel because it's one of my favorites in DC (if not my favorite). I've been lucky to stay at a couple of Kimptons, and this one stands out far above the rest. One of the reasons is because it's a Palomar, but compared to other Palomars, this one has it all - beautiful theming, great room product, superior service, good restaurant, and excellent location.

We were upgraded to an exec. king room upon check-in and it was huge! The room was well-appointed. I absolutely love the light-up night stands. The bathroom was pretty with nice Aveda products. We could here people in the hallway, but that's because we had some loud party-ers on our hall. Not an issue late at night- it was more in the evening hours that we heard other people getting ready for dinner/a night out. We also could hear noises in the connecting room, but only if you stood directly by the connecting door and the other person happened to be talking right in front of it (or using the blow dryer, which was our case).

The restaurant, Urbana, is worth a shot. Dinner was OK, but brunch was superb. Definitely try the bellini bar. It's a little pricey at $16.95 for unlimited bellinis, but you get to choose from a bunch of purees and they're all homemade and frequently restocked. You'll get your very own bottle of champagne for the table too. The bar has some really cool drinks as well during their happy hour. Was impressed with the selection. Staff was friendly as well.

Loved the proximity to Dupont metro station and all the shopping and restaurants in Dupont. Georgetown was a quick 15-20 min walk away. Very doable, and great during nice weather days. You can rent bikes from the Palo as well. One of my fave hotels in DC hands down!!!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Amanda C,
Thank you so much for your great feedback. Love to read that we are on top of your list of places to stay in DC. I will be sure to share your comments with the team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Happy Holidays, Stephane

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Spent just 3 nights at the Palomar which for my first visit to Washington was clearly not long enough!
Staff are all very friendly and welcoming, each evening at 5pm there is wine, hot toddy and nibbles in the foyer.
If I had one negative comment it was breakfast as not a great deal of choice unless you pay; which on the other hand it is not unusual in America and besides there's a great bagel place across the road.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We just finished a 4 day stay at the Palomar. We were in town for a girls weekend and to see the White House Christmas tree lighting. The Palomar was excellent! We had a 2 queen room that was quite large, plenty of room for 3 of us (even with all the clothes and hair products!) When we arrived, the bar had just closed, so Kenny at the front desk was nice enough to bring up a glass of wine for each of us. Then we found that there was a bottle of champagne, chocolates and a lovely note from Clayton, the assistant front desk manager, waiting for us in our room! How nice! The evening wine happy hour was a treat after a long day of walking. And we took full advantage of the coffee and tea in the lobby in the mornings. Plenty of places nearby to grab a bite to eat (le Pain Quotidien is sublime for breakfast). The atmosphere here is hip, but welcoming and warm, the staff was incredibly helpful and always very friendly. The location is top notch, 2 blocks to the Dupont Circle Metro, great restaurants and attractions within walking distance (the world class Phillips collection is just around the corner), and easy access by cab to almost everywhere, and Georgetown in particular where our friend lives. Only 2 complaints 1, the house keeping staff was a little off, leaving dirty towels around and not really even straightening up the room much on a couple of the days, and 2. the room had no ventilation, not even a fan in the bathroom, so when someone would shower, the room would get really humid and close. But, all in all, I would definitely stay here again! Kimpton has never disappointed me, and this hotel is no exception!

Room Tip: double queen rooms are huge!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Kimberly M,
Thank you so much for your great feedback and for your continued support of our brand. We truly appreciate your business and I will make sure to share your comments with the entire team. Next time you are in town please let me know; I would love to say thank you in person. Best wishes, Stephane