“Excellent and central for Washington DC”

Kimpton Rouge Hotel
Ranked #86 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 6, 2010

My wife and I stayed 3 very comfortable nights, the hotel is close to public transport, and within walking distance of a variety of restaurants. The staff is pleasant, friendly and welcoming. We intend to go again to this hotel next year.

Yorkshire UK

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,891)

Reviewed October 2, 2010

big rooms, very clean, free hi-speed internet, very quiet, and all that for a reasonable price. very friendly staff. my son and I enjoyed our stay there very much.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2010

From the moment of our booking the reservations, we received absolutely outstanding service from the staff. Our intentions for visiting Washington DC, was to celebrate our 40th Anniversary and a 60th Birthday. Upon arrival, we were greeted by staff members, all of whom had smiles on their faces and a desire to make our stay be the best that it could be. To name a few of the staff : Audrey, Kristin, Edith, Tina, Jerry, Cordell, Rigo, and Paulo, along with the rest of the employees of the Hotel Rouge, made our stay one of the most memorable that we have had. During our seven day stay, the Hotel management and staff went out of their way to make our two events very special to us. We were presented with wine and dessert for the Birthday and champagne for our Anniversary. We would like to thank the staff of the Hotel Rouge and definitely recommend it as a great place to stay in Washington DC.

Reviewed September 30, 2010

Cool hotel, nice big room and comfortable bed. Great coffee in the lobby in the morning and accomodating staff that were fairly helpful if they knew the answers. Tough finding out about local transit except for the Metro which is a bit of a walk.
Odd little bar/cafe in the hotel - emphasis on funkiness instead of comfort, went there a couple of times but found better quality and value down on P street.
A few technical glitches during the 4 days but nothing drastic. Hotel could use an upgrade to things like wallpaper and furnishings, but hope they don't lose the chic stylings.

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights as part of honeymoon trip. Our room was very. Spacious. Comfortable bed. Good shower. Nice tv. All in good order. Didnt see any sign of it needing repair like other reviewers have commented. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. Location we found was really good we thought. Only a 10minute (tops) walk to Dupont Circle which is a fantastic neighbourhood for bars & restaurants. Also has a Metro stop.

Only downsides on the hotel was 1. The bar inst the most comfortable (but the barman was a top guy . Very friendly/chatty and helped us out as soon as we had a chat with bars/eating places to go to in Dupont Circle that made the trip. Thanks. :) 2. The breakfast in the room for the price was a bit rubbish. We'd usually eat out but tried it as had an early flight. Was disappointed. Should be better for the price.

Overall though would recommend the place. Good value. Good location. Great staff.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
HotelManager1315, Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2010

Thank you so much for your feedback, please visit us again soon. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed September 26, 2010

I stayed three days in this hotel, and it was a terrible experience. We payed $ 249 a day, plus taxes, and breakfast was not icluded.
First night in, I received a note to see the manager and to return the breakfast vouchers that I have never received. I cleared that up, and received no appologie. The very same evening I had a paninni sandwich w/ salad, at the lounge, that had hair in the salad. No appologie.
I already told them about the broken door lock, and the cold water faucet that was broken. It never got fixed.
Next night, I received a bill under my door for the use of the mini bar in the room. The one that I did not even touch. I was told at the front desk, that they will clear up the misunderstanding this time ? This statement sure did not help my feelings. The front desk manager proceeded to tell me that this charge is on honor basisi. I said " That is why I am here, I stand with my honor for what I do ".
Than the last day they locked me out from my room. The electronic card stoped working ? I was told that is veru unusual ! And at the end they transfered all my charges from our corporate account to my credit card.
Cheers

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank kramer19

I was truly sorry to read the details about your stay and would like to present you my sincere apologies for the less than perfect experience we delivered. I can promise you that our Hotel is not held accountable to different standard than the rest of our company and we take our customer feedback very seriously.

I will share this information and the details of service deficiencies you have experienced with my Department Heads to avoid such breakdown to happen again. We will contact you shortly to correct the billing issue. Thank you so much for your feedback.

Reviewed September 25, 2010

A boutique hotel with lots of character. Incredible friendly welcoming staff. Quiet with large room and comfortable bed. Maybe not the fanciest hotel in town, but good value in a good location. On residential section of Embassy Row. Not far to Dupont Circle and the White House.