“Best ever”

Kimpton Rouge Hotel
Ranked #84 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We loved this place. Every time I am in Washington I will stay here. I can't tell you how wonderful the stay was. But will definite stay here every time. Adrienna at the bar...Danielle and Harald atvthe desk. Incredible place. .. loved it

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank RuthPatterson
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear RuthPatterson. “Best Ever” is music to our ears! Thank you for giving our wonderful staff a shout out! We love that you had a great time with us and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Had a great experience at Hotel Rouge. Front desk staff was friendly and super helpful guiding me around the area. And my room was huge and well appointed. The best part was I checked in during happy hour - couldn't have been welcomed any better! I will definitely stay here again next trip to DC!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Julie D
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Julie D. Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the Rouge and for the great feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our neighborhood, large rooms and complimentary wine reception. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Very good hotel on walking distance from the Mall (10 minutes) and Dupont Circle.
Very friendly staff who will do anything to make you feel welcome.
Big, comfortable and clean rooms.
The ambiance in the restaurant is very special. Great food.
The manager of the restaurant, Mr. Raimey Juragan, is a very kind person who makes you feel yourself at home immediately.
Once you have been there, you want to come back!

2  Thank Frank v

Dear Frank v. Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit. “Excellent hotel” is exactly what we strive for from every guest experience. Thank you for noticing and we hope you’ll be back during your next visit to DC.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed here on the recommendation of a local friend and am very glad I did. Tastefully decorated from the white statuettes outside the building to the red motifs and room art. The lobby is welcoming and cozy, and teems with people having a good time during wine happy hour. The staff was immediately welcoming and accommodating. My stay was brief but I was able to take advantage of some of my Kimpton membership benefits like raiding the fridge and free wifi. I made my reservation on the hotel website, and they were able to offer me an upgraded room on a high floor with late check-out. And perhaps because of that last perk, notably absent was housekeeping's knock on the door, which I appreciate. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you're sensitive to noise, request a room far away from the elevator shaft.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank John R

Dear John R. Your review is music to our ears. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and noticed some of the great perks such as our hosted wine reception, raid the minibar program and free internet. Thank you for letting other travelers know about your great experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I was in DC area for a competitive cheer competition!! My stay at the Hotel Rouge helped make what would have been a stressful situation a breeze!! Close to attractions and nice restaurants!! The staff was EXTREMELY helpful and friendly. I would suggest this hotel to anyone visiting the DC area.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Michelle C. 5 cheers for a great review! I am so pleased that your first trip to DC and the Rouge was a great one and that we helped to make your competition less stressful! We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Needed to find a safe, comfortable overnight spot on short notice. Enjoy the Kimpton line & was happy to locate a room at a very reasonable Hotels Tonight rate. Very cool design, welcoming staff, convenient dining. If

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Springtraveler06. Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the Rouge. I am so pleased that we were a good fit for your last minute stay in DC and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is such that I wish tripadvisor had a rating between average and very good. It's better than average but not very good.

I'm a big Kimpton fan and have stayed at their hotels all over the country. This one is average at best.

The "red" theme is unappealing to me. The lobby is inadequate. The staff is nice but could use additional support. The rooms are tired and feel a bit worn. The bathroom is tiny.

No offense to those who hold the fort here, but you'll do better elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Sandy K
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Sandy K. Thank you for your feedback and for being a Kimpton Fan! I am sorry that we did not WOW you during your visit and I hope that you will return after we finish our renovation in the guest corridors and elevators! If our décor isn’t your thing, we have plenty of Kimpton Hotels in the DC area to choose from and that may be a better fit for you.