Kimpton Rouge Hotel
$351
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$328
$287
  • Breakfast included
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$409
  • Room Service
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
Omni Hotels
$199
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$404
$375
$271
  • Breakfast included
1,906 results
All reviewsdupont circlered carred themewhite housefunky hotelbunk bedswhole foodswine hourraid the mini baranimal print robescomplimentary winefront desk staffcontinental breakfastroom was spacioussmall bathroomfew blocksfree internet
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our 4 night stay could not have been more enjoyable! The Rouge is clean, great location for our venue, and, most of all the staff (all) made us feel welcome and at home. The staff was friendly, gave information when asked, helped in planning for a family/friend get-together before the wedding. I would highly recommend this hotel, and, yes, when back in the DC area, I plan to stay there. Ann from Kentucky.

Room Tip: My daughter, grandson, and I had a queen/queen with bunk beds...front side, but, the street noise did not disturb us.
1  Thank adeatherage
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear adeatherage. We love that we made your granddaughter’s wedding more memorable for you! Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Finding a title for this review was difficult because my experience at Hotel Rouge sat on the fence between average and good - we stayed for 3 nights and to be fair the hotel entirely met our needs. Upon arrival, we were checked in and no further information was offered. We asked for a map and probed for more info about the city, but didn't get a whole lot more. Nevertheless, we made our way up to our room on level 4. The rooms are really large with a good size bathroom and we found the room to be clean, there seemed to be less attention to detail in corridors, however, as a used cotton bud sat on the carpet outside of someone's room for at least 2 days of our stay. Oh - and apparently there is a gym / health centre within the hotel too (must have missed that memo). The decor, not to our taste, but then again it's a hotel and not my home so wasn't really an issue for us. Hotel is in a good location, close to plenty of restaurants and a 5 - 10min walk to the closest metro. Can't comment on breakfast / dining as we didn't partake in any meals at the hotel. All in all, it was a comfortable stay but definitely room for improvement.
Would we stay again? Sure, why not! But I would consider other similar options also.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aussiehotelinspector

Dear Aussiehotelinspector. Thank you for choosing the Rouge Hotel for your visit to DC. It sounds like you had a nice time here but that we didn’t totally WOW you! We want to be the best so your feedback is important for us to continuously improve. I don’t feel that you experienced the usual awesome service that we are known for and I am sorry for that. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back and to make the Rouge your number one choice while visiting DC in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is located in the heart of Downtown DC within walking distance from most of the attractions. The hotel itself was comfortable with good beds and clean rooms but the colors are too bright: red and black with multiple statues, narrow entrance and a small lobby. Some of the staff were helpful and some were not. Han was the best and went out of his way to help us. 2 others were too tired I think and on kept me waiting a while talking on the phone. On the whole passable.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shakirak2013
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Shakirak2013. Thank you very much for commenting on your recent visit to the Rouge. I am pleased that you found us to be comfortable but I am sorry that you did not enjoy our décor and that the service from some of our staff was not 5 star! It is rare to read a review that our staff was tired or disengaged, but I will certainly address this immediately. As far as our style, we have many hotels in the DC area to choose from that offer different styles and amenities. Take a look and perhaps one of them is a better fit for you during your next visit to DC!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is nice and clean and in a good location. I loved the décor (very red and retro). The rooms are spacious, we were 3 adults in a room with 2 queen beds and had more than enough room. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful, they made several restaurant recommendations for us (which were great). And many times called taxis for us, which all arrived within minutes of them calling. The hotel is within walking distance to many bars and restaurants and about a 15 min walk right down to the north lawn of the white house. It is also a very short taxi ride (about $7) to U-Street corridor which also has many great restaurants and bars.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is in a lovely neighborhood close enough to all the tourist sites and attractions in Washington without being right in the midst of the hustle, bustle (and construction) of being right downtown.

1  Thank MissJ27

Dear MissJ27. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to DC and the Hotel Rogue’s great service, accommodations and location. Thank you for letting other travelers know about your good experience and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

It is ironic that I have to give this review because so many things were good about the hotel especially the staff was great. And the bunk beds which we thought made it ideal to stay with kids. But both nights we have been here we have had a party of people in our floor drinking in the corridors on their way to their rooms ( 6 to 8 people getting in a room with drinks you can imagine what that sounds like) and being extremely loud and then continuing to party in the room. The staff immediately responded to our call and were great about it i have to say, but having had to call everyone was woken up.
We specifically asked for a quiet room but were close to the elevators and these party people were at the ends. So maybe that could have been avoided. Again not the fault of the hotel and they responded very well, but it seems to be the kind if people it attracts. Not sure if I would bring my kids again.
They did love bunk beds and x box though. And like i mentioned above the staff were incredible. But here we are awake listening to people screaming on the hallways on the way to and from parties.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear mpc2012. Thank you for your feedback! I am so disappointed that your visit was tainted by some noisy guests on the same floor! We have a no party policy that is strictly enforced; however, some people find a way to sneak one through. Our bunk rooms and large queen/queen rooms are perfectly designed for families and we usually get outstanding reviews from guests who travel with their children. I am sorry that this rare incident has deterred you from returning but I hope that you change your mind and come back to visit!