Got this room through Hotwire.com when choosing to stay in the DuPont D.C. area. Was very pleased and surprised when this came up as the mystery hotel. After reading tons and tons of reviews on tripadvisor.com and other websites I had extremely high expectations for the hotel. After arriving at the hotel at almost 10 p.m. the check in was smooth and was given room 309 room right next to ice machine maker and elevators. No double was available so my friend and I had to settle for a king size room. The room in itself was spacious and perfectly sized for two girls that need space to get ready in. Room had a couch which was told pulls out to a queen bed. But the King bed was big enough for us two to share without hitting eachother in the middle of the night. Bed was comfy and delicious to say the least (made getting up in the morning THAT much difficult)
I only have four complains about this cute, hip boutique hotel.
1. Two out of the three nights in the middle of the night my friend and I woke up choking on smoke. I smelled cigarette smoke for hours on end. It was horrible made breathing difficult. I thought we were on a smoking floor. I come to find out it was not a smoking room as stated on the directory right outside the room.
2. When showering the water would not go down. The tub would fill up mid-way and would not go down until I would close the water up and was done. I do not know why this was but it was just gross.
3. Wine reception hour is literally only ONE HOUR LONG and it is right smack in the middle of the day so if you are a tourist and out and about exploring D.C. you will never make it back to the hotel for wine hour.
4. WiFi is free but never worked while I was in the room.
Other than that...location is amazing! Everything is within walking distance. The hotel is very chic, hip and clean. So if I were to be assigned another room not next to the ice making machine and elevator, on a higher level with a view and no cigarette smell. I would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Washington DC's historic Embassy Row, Kimpton Rouge Hotel is a superb luxury boutique accommodation. This Kimpton Hotel is a playful and colorful urban retreat at the doorstep of the city's top cultural and historic attractions. Within blocks of Dupont Circle and near the White House, National Mall and countless museums and galleries, the alluring Kimpton Rouge Hotel entices with its rejuvenating décor, exceptional service, signature amenities and adjacent Bar Rouge lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton Rouge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kimpton Washington Dc