“Amazing Kimpton Rouge”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Biddeford, Maine
“Amazing Kimpton Rouge”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed here over a five day period in mid April. The staff were extremely friendly and very willing to accommodate my needs. The room was spacious, well decorated and very clean. The inclusion of breakfast was an added benefit as was the location as it was within walking distance of Dupont Circle and the Mall area. I would also recommend taking advantage of their cocktail hour-they made the best bloody-mary I ever had!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear James S. Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on a clean, comfortable and welcoming hotel so we thank you for noticing!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Turkish first
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Loved staying here. The room was really big for a metro location. The staff couldn't do enough for us. For example we missed the free wine served from 5 to 6 but they gave us something to take to the bar for a free glass later that night. We have a chihuahua and hate leaving him home so we are really grateful for their dog friendly policy. The location is great. We took a bus just a block away to the International Spy Museum and after touring there and a couple of the Smithsonian Museums we decided to splurge and get a cab. It only cost us a little over $7 and $10 with the tip. Best $10 we ever spent and we had no idea how fast he would reach our hotel. It was also my birthday and the hotel put a bottle of champagne and three delicious cupcakes in my room - "on the house." There were also great restaurants within walking distance! You truly feel welcomed when you go to a Klimpton Hotel! They really do want you to feel like "family" and the professionalism and caring create a relaxing atmosphere that really makes your stay a pleasure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great stay. Will go again. Two queen beds made the difference for us (vs two twin at most other hotels... and our two kids don't fit well on twins...). Great amenities for the price. Convenient to mall, metro, etc. Friendly staff

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My stay at Hotel Rouge was another positive Kimpton experience: the location is excellent, the room spacious and well-equipped, and the staff absolutely wonderful. We did have a couple of small issues (stains on the duvet, low water pressure), but the staff was quick to correct and accommodate as possible. On the whole, there are a couple of other Kimpton properties that I prefer in DC (Topaz, George), but I definitely won't hesitate to recommend Rouge to friends and family or to stay there again myself.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear LaurenandRyan. Thank you for recommending the Rouge to your friends and colleagues and for being a Kimpton fan! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights on a business trip. The staff were very accommodating, and provided excellent service during my stay. The hotel itself is well located, with easy access to a lot of great restaurants. It is not too far from the Metro, so access to other area attractions is also very good.

Room Tip: The Kimpton hallmark is that all of the rooms are different. I had an upper floor room. It was spa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Susan K. Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed our location, style and service! We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to DC!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately, whenever I get to stay at a Kimpton, I never get to spend anytime in my room because I'm booked with meetings and dinners. This time was no different. I walked into a fun, funky, spacious room but was out late for work. Te staff were friendly, helpful and didn't treat me poorly when I called the front desk looking for the hair dryer which was in the bathroom in plain sight. The bathroom had a dimmer switch which I used as a nightlight. The shampoo and conditioner were actually of a quality that was worthy of use. I always love the interesting things they stock their mini bars with. It was nice to have a Luna bar option and fresh orange juice in the fridge. Plenty of plugin spots for all my devices was appreciated. I also ordered breakfast in the Rouge Bar lounge and must say my scrambled eggs were flavorful not the plain, lackluster eggs one normally gets at a hotel breakfast. Wild most definitely stay again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NicMic
Dear NicMic. I am so pleased that enjoyed your visit and noticed some of the little surprise and delights we offer to make our guests feel more welcome and have fun! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Geneva
Reviewed April 13, 2013

First of what we hope will be many stays at a Kimpton hotel. Checked in early--not a problem. Our room was waiting for us at 1:00pm. Room was a dream for 5 people--2 queens and a bunk bed for the teens. Staff was lovely and helpful at every juncture. Left the car and walked straight to the White House. A great stay!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Profwithkids
Dear Profwithkids. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and experienced one of our bunk bed rooms; perfect for families! Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again during your next visit to DC!