“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Rouge. It was very well located to see all the sights of Washington DC. My friend and I walked everywhere. We were only about a 15 minute walk away from the White House and what I loved about Washington is that everything you want to see is so close together.

The staff are helpful. The bar is nice but the food and drinks are quite expensive. The complimentary breakfast we had was lovely.

The decor was brilliant. The rooms were huge and very comfy. A good base to come back to after a long day of sightseeing.

The only dowfall is that its quite far away from anywhere if you want to go out in the evenings but I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank gettingoutofDorset
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear gettingoutofDorset. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to DC and the Hotel Rogue’s great service, stylish & unique atmosphere and location. Thank you for telling other travelers about your good experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

What I love about the boutique hotels are the unique rooms!! What I love about hotel Rouge, is that its right on 16th street, NW. minutes from everything downtown dc. They also have free wine tasting from 5-6pm. I stayed in a king size deluxe room. I love their decor. Hang out at Bar rouge.. Really fun stay!!

Room Tip: I wouldn't bring my kids to this hotel, it's more for couples, and business people.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dear G50G. Thank you for staying with us! I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to DC and the Hotel Rouge and we are thrilled that you found us to be a fantastic and fun find! It’s our goal to be the best in DC, offering something unique and stylish for all types of travelers. Thank you for noticing and we look forward to welcoming you back!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Loved staying at the Rouge last night. The room was spacious for a DC hotel and the decor was funky and fun. The best part was the people, though. They took great care of me checking in and were kind and efficient. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SweetSkyMom
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear SweetSkyMom. Thank you for your review and I am pleased hear that the best part of your stay was the people! We pride ourselves on our great service and fun atmosphere and we are thrilled that you noticed!
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My Shiba Inu and I stayed here in December to visit my brother who is going to college in DC. It was my first time staying in the city - this hotel turned out to be an instant favorite.

The location is ideal for those who want to be able to walk to the White House - a mere 6-blocks that takes you through embassies and the National Geographic Headquarters. There's also a circle/park at the end of the block to take my dog for a walk as she likes grassy areas.

The staff are genuinely friendly and seemed to really like dogs. The hotel provides a dog bed and bowls upon arrival. The only minor issue I had was when I needed a can opener for my last can of dog food (the night before we checked out) because the flip top broke off - when I asked the Front Desk if I could borrow one, they didn't have one to loan me and the lady said that the kitchen wouldn't be able to open it for me because it would violate their food handling policies. She directed me to the Walgreens around the corner towards Logan's Circle but they only had a $20 bulky, electric can opener... :( I ended up buying another can of dog food instead from Whole Foods. I thought that could've been handled a little differently. But not a deal breaker for this otherwise hip and funky hotel!

The decor of this hotel is so fun - from the time you enter the lobby...it is just sexy, cool! Everything is red and tastefully done - I fell in love with the bed. My brother said that my room reminded him of my own apartment...that it is so me! Ha!

Probably the best thing about this hotel though is the lady that works at the bar - I feel bad that I forgot her name. She was the nicest person among all the staff that I came into contact with (and the entire staff was nice!) She remembered names and was so attentive to us when we had dinner and drinks.

All these for simply trusting the Kimpton Hotel Group brand out of San Francisco - originally from SF, this was my first stay in one as I had no reason to stay in one at home. They exceeded my expectations...cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank LJ M
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear akeakamai75. Sounds like we are a perfect match! Thank you for telling other travelers about your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a staycation in DC and stayed at Rouge for the first time. The room was big and well decorated. The shower was one of the best I've ever experienced. The staff was very helpful and always courteous. We'll be back! Great location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear MicheleandBob67. Thank you for being a fan of Hotel Rouge and Kimpton Hotels! We look forward to welcoming you back!
San Francisco Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stay at Kimpton properties wherever and whenever we can and are never disappointed. We love the whimsical creativity they bring to each property. The staff and service at Hotel Rouge was exceptional with only a few minor glitches - but it was inauguration weekend so we are not going to be too dogmatic about it. (No daily newspaper the last two days of our stay and unfortunately one morning did not pick up our room service request on the door). The staff was so helpful with dinner reservations and even introduced us to a new fave restaurant called Floriana just a short walk from the hotel. We would definitely stay again at the Rouge. Love the vibrancy of the red theme!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side/higher floors are quieter but offer only a view of a parking lot in our case...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dear revjojo. Thank you for your review and for being a Kimpton fan! I am pleased that you enjoy our hotels and all of the fun extras that make us unique! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at the Hotel Rouge on several occasions. It is conveniently located a short few block walk from Dupont Circle. The hotel has very hip and swanky decor. A very cool vibe. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to DC who wants a cool place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear WorldTravelerTWD. Thank you for staying with us! I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to DC and the Hotel Rouge. It’s our goal to be the best in DC, offering something unique and stylish for all types of travelers so being swanky and having a cool vibe is a great compliment!