“Comfortable and friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Comfortable and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We decided to celebrate my husband's birthday in town and stayed at Hotel Rouge. What a great experience!!! From check in to check out, our experience was nothing but outstanding. We had a room with King bed and bunk bed for our son. This room was big and clean. They even had some board games for our son and us to play before our dinner at Old Ebbitt Grill. We will return to this hotel anytime and recommend to our family and friends. Oops, how can I forget their complimentary wine hour from 5p-6p. It was perfect to have a glass of wine before dinner. Thank you, Kimpton Hotels and Rouge. Especially to Kelly, Chase and Jonathan.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear KCKWashDC. Thank you for staying with us! I am thrilled that we were a part of making your husband’s birthday more memorable and we hope that you will find us again to celebrate other special occasions in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Turkish first
Pleasant Hill, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

My first visit to DC. I asked several friends were we should stay and they named several locations. My friends and I decided on the Rouge Hotel. We made a fabulous decision. Great location, close to everything, shops, Metro, night life, restaurants etc. The room we stayed in was spacious, CLEAN, great lighting. So much room to move around. The restroom was clean and a decent size. Most of all after coming back every night from dinner, concerts or night life the bed was satisfying. I had the best night sleep at the Rouge. The staff was great, friendly and kind. I went back to DC and stayed at a different Kimpton hotel. Never again, I enjoyed my stay at the Rouge hotel. Just loved our red room. Thank you Rouge for not disappointing us and being great to us.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank 33JMS
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear 35jms. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to DC and the Hotel Rogue’s great service, stylish & unique atmosphere and location. Thank you for telling other travelers about your good experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Have a fantastic stay! The decor of hotel is romantic. Staff are warm and accommodating!! We celebrated our birthday and the staff surprised my husband & I with a complimentary champagne and chocolate strawberry plate! I've stayed at many hotels, celebrating different occasions and this was the first comp surprise.

The hotel lobby wine cocktail hour was nice as well! We will definitely recommend this property and stay again! Thanks Rouge for a wonderful time!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank luvstorm
Jennifer H, Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear luvstorm. Thank you for your review. We love special occasions and I am so pleased that we helped to make you and your husband’s birthday memorable. Thank you for being a fan and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

The Rouge follows the great tradition of Kimpton boutique hotels. However, in the case of Rouge, the rooms seem roomier. The decor of the hotel and rooms are visually appealing. The staff was professional, engaging and responsive. Of course, the event I enjoy at all Kimpton is the 5 o'clock managers reception. Enjoy wine and appetizers, like caprese.
Oh, and like all Kimpton, they're pet friendly. My Standard Poodle, Gaspar, gives Rouge 5 stars

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the embassy row, otherwise your view is an alley.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear mayoplan. Thank you for your review and for being a Kimpton fan! I am pleased that you enjoyed our large rooms, great service and hosted wine reception! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sunman, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I chose the Rouge based on a recommendation from a friend of mine living in DC. What I found was a hotel with flare. The Front desk staff was extremely helpful regarding directions, places to see and places to eat. I found the interior decor to be just as advertised. My room was very spacious, and having a thermostat to control the room temperature made it that much more enjoyable. I found the bar staff to be very friendly and the food to be excellent. I would highly recommend the Rouge hotel to anyone tired of staying at one of the large chains and looking for something different!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Dennis S. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to DC and the Hotel Rogue’s great service, stylish & unique atmosphere and location. Thank you for telling other travelers about your good experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Yeah, the location is great but the hotel itself is a bit tired and faded. Room was large and the bed comfortable but not everything worked well. Staff was helpful and fixed the problems but these should not have happened at all. You can not beat the location. Breakfast is so-so but the seating arrangements poor. There are not many seats and many are taken up by sociophobes who spread out and encamp with their lap tops and "work" thus depriving everyone else of a place to sit down and have their breakfast. We stayed on a highly discounted rate. Even at that rate I would think more than once of returning. I might and I might not.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer H, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear PRR. Thank you for choosing the Hotel Rouge for your recent visit to DC. I am pleased that you enjoyed our location, but regret that a few issues in the room needed to be fixed after arrival. It is rare that our housekeeping and engineering departments miss repairs but we will certainly use your feedback to improve. I am also sorry that you found breakfast to be too crowded. We don’t like our guests to be uncomfortable, but please know that we also offer room service – who doesn’t love breakfast in bed!