$188
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 49% below average rates

The price you found is 49% lower than this hotel's average rate of $370/night.

$123
$101
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

$159
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $185/night.

$119
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

$146
$130
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$119
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$180
$169
  • Restaurant
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$188
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$129
$112
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$149
$134
Capitol Hill
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $166/night.

1,933 results
All reviewsdupont circlered carred themewhite housebunk bedswhole foodswine hourraid the mini barcool hotelfront desk staffcontinental breakfastroom was spacioussmall bathroomfew blocksfree internetvalet parkingnational mall
Reviewed September 22, 2011

What I love of Hotel Rouge is it stands out! From the decor to client service. Hotel Rouge is the only hotel I would stay at in DC. The associates provide impeccable service while being extremely friendly. In a conservative city such as DC, Hotel Rouge stands out to be perfectly chic and presentable!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I was there for only one night, and got it thru Hotwire, which gave it a 3.5 stars, which I think is fair.
The hotel location is great. It takes about 10 minutes to walk to the Metro, a couple of blocks from P Street were there are a bunch or restaurants, shops, bars and a Whole Foods. Scott’s circle is just steps from the door, so you can catch a cab to any where in DC quite easily.
The hotel lives to its name; it is quite “rouge” in terms of atmosphere in a good way, which is fun. If you are traveling solo for fun, or or business, or with some friends, this is a great place to stay. I can also see the hotel as a good romantic option of where to stay in DC.
The lobby is quite small, but the people behind the counter were very nice, professional and my check in was quick and prompt. The hotel is a typical Kimpton property: modern/ contemporary looking, in a higher end Ikea kind of way. I have the feeling this building long time ago may have been an apartments building, since the room had a door that probably was for the kitchen area; this door was covered by a floor to ceiling propped mirror, which I thought it was a nice way to cover it. If my assumption is correct and the building used to be apartments, I would assume my room would have been a studio at some point. The room was quite spacious with the typical Kimpton modern décor. The king size bed was great, matters, linens and pillows were spotless, soft and comfortable. The room had a very large sofa, a separate accent chair with an ottoman, huge desk and seating chair. The closet/mini bar and bathroom area were off to the side, which was nice. My view was not the great, but I was there for 1 night only, so it did not matter to me. I did not use the mini bar, but it seemed well stocked. The hotel has a sign at the lobby mentioning the welcoming of pets. I did not visit the fitness room, nor the restaurant, but again I am sure they are typical Kimpton.
Things I liked: The TV had a great number of channel options, more than what you get at other hotels, so channels like Food Network, Sci-Fi, etc. were available. The shower gel, shampoo and conditioner were placed in wall dispenser, which allow the hotel to avoid the use of little plastic bottles, which I appreciate, after all Kimpton is an eco-friendly chain. There is coffee in the morning at the lobby, which is nice, especially since the rooms do not have a coffee maker.
Things I did not like: there is nothing that I can mention here. For the time I was there and what I paid, there was nothing that I did not like.

Room Tip: While my floor was quiet, perhaps to request a room a way from the elevator will be a good idea.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
MMJennings, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind review. We have been receiving many accolades since our renovation but what pleases me most are the positive comments about our wonderful staff. We hope you can stay longer on your next visit.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

I had a great stay at the Hotel Rouge, which is a Kimpton property. I generally lean towards Kimpton properties when I travel as I like the boutique feel (without compromising luxury) as well as the fact that they are very pet-friendly. It's a short (nice) walk to Dupont Circle and is on a quiet block. Definitely a great stay! Be sure to request the 'Guppy Love' gold fish service for a gold fish to stay in your room while you're there. We named ours Hugh!

Room Tip: We paid a little extra for a room upgrade and enjoyed the extra space!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We only stayed the one night but the welcome, comfort and facilities were superb! (The only niggle was the wireless internet access cost about $10 - so it wasn't worth it for us...). Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Friendly, helpful and informative staff. Clean, bright and interesting decor. Large, quiet beautiful room very comfortable bed, calm atmosphere as well as being close to great amenities and a 'Whole Foods' grocery.

Very fortunate to have stayed there!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business