I was so looking forward to staying at the Park Hyatt hotel in DC over the Memorial Day weekend. The location of the hotel is ideal – it is a short walk to Georgetown and Dupont Circle. I reserved our room through Platinum AMEX travel (free upgrade) and I thought that I had booked several nights at a luxury hotel. I overlooked the fact that this is part of the less desirable Hyatt brand, but I still found it hard to believe that our room was considered an upgrade. Our “suite” had a combined bedroom and living area that was separated by an entertainment center wall with a flat panel TV that swiveled between the two rooms. The living area had three small slip-covered chairs and a desk – all were hardly comfortable. The bathroom was large, but it had a sliding door, no separate water closet and offered limited privacy. The closet did not provide enough storage, the AC struggled to keep the room cool during the late Spring heat and the satellite TV went out during a late night NBA playoff game. We even had a problem with housekeeping; they failed to leave extra towels despite a special request and very generous tip. We were constantly on the phone reporting problems with our room. The housekeeping manager offered an apology and surprised us with a complimentary treat – the Blue Duck Tavern apple pie – it was heaven. Other than that, we did not dine at the restaurant but it, along with the Tea Cellar seemed very lively every day we were in the hotel. The valet parking guys were great – efficient, professional and welcomed us back, etc. The front desk staff was trying hard to please, but they appeared to be in training and struggled a bit. I spoke with the hotel Manager (Tiffany) during our stay and she tried to amends for our less than satisfactory stay, but by then, we were certain that this property is overrated and overpriced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Hyatt Washington, located in the fashionable West End Georgetown neighborhood of the nation's capital, combines sophisticated modernism with classic American style. With its Tea Cellar offering rare and vintage tea selections, intimate Spa Room offering an array of services and treatments, redesigned flexible event and meeting space, and celebrated Blue Duck Tavern restaurant, Park Hyatt Washington offers guests a unique experience in the nation's capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelPower, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Hyatt Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Hyatt Hotel Washington Dc
- Hyatt Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt