Stayed at the Park Hyatt for 4 days in a premier deluxe room. Overall, it's a nice 5-star hotel in DC. The room was spacious, and well maintained and furnished. And staff were generally professional. The location is not in a touristic part of DC but is in a rather calm and quiet part of town in Foggy Bottom. There are no stores/restaurants in the immediate vicinity. But that's not an issue if you like to walk (and DC is a nice city to walk in).
So why do I give it 4 stars? A few reasons:
1) Despite the room being very nice, there were two major flaws with it. First, the "walk-in shower" had no door to it, so you're literally standing in the bathroom and taking a shower. Add to that the somewhat lukewarm water and you end up having a rather cold shower experience! I don't understand why the architects failed to close the walk-in shower (grateful for a response from the Hotel on this!).
2) The wardrobe in the room is actually in the bathroom, with the wardrobe door doubling as the bathroom door. This is the first time I come across such a set-up. It meant that I needed to go back and forth between the bathroom and the bedroom while dressing up. And it also meant that I had the wardrobe open inside the bathroom while using the toilet or shower. Very odd. Again, a rationale for this architectural design would be appreciated!
Would I recommend this hotel? Yes, if you can get a good deal and aren't too fussy about the points I raise above!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Hyatt Washington, located in the fashionable West End Georgetown neighborhood of the nation's capital, combines sophisticated modernism with classic American style. With its Tea Cellar offering rare and vintage tea selections, intimate Spa Room offering an array of services and treatments, redesigned flexible event and meeting space, and celebrated Blue Duck Tavern restaurant, Park Hyatt Washington offers guests a unique experience in the nation's capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Hyatt Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Hyatt Hotel Washington Dc
- Hyatt Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt