“Excellent hotel”

Park Hyatt Washington
Ranked #25 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel looks like it has been totally updated. Very modern looking and spacious rooms. A large sitting area and then a separate bedroom. It is not separated by a door though which was fine but if for some reason you want this, it is not. Very expansive bathroom and love the shower. The bar is great as well as the restaurant. Must make reservations though or you probably won't get in. Metro is about a 10 min walk. At the outskirts of the Georgetown area but you can walk easily to all the shopping area. Staff very helpful. Staying here for a conference; therefore, getting conference discounted room but not sure if I would stay here on my own for the price of the normal rates as I believe this room is normally very pricey. But it is excellent. Indoor pool and jacuzzi. Spa is on the property I believe but didn't use it. 24 hr room service which is nice. The workout room is large for a hotel with more equipment than I am used to seeing in hotels. Complimentary Internet provided which I like.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank clmtraveler
Write a ReviewReviews (1,936)

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the weekend. The service was supreme. Rooms are clean, modern and comfortable. The gym is very nice and you have TVs and a nice view to keep you occupied. Our room key did not work twice otherwise a great stat.

• Stayed: September 2013
ParkHyattDC, Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Anonthego,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. I do apologize that there were challenges with your keys, it is nice to hear that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and service. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us in DC and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Once again, the staff at the Park Hyatt and the restaurant make this a wonderful place to stay. I appreciate the minimalist decor of the rooms. Things are always very clean and orderly. The bed and pillows are very comfortable. But the really positive experience is with the staff who go out of their way to be helpful for all guests. On top of this, the food available through room service and especially in the restaurant, the Blue Duck, is always interesting, challenging me to try something new, and I end up loving every bite. I also appreciate that while the restaurant may be full with reserved tables duirng the busy hours, they graciously and warmly accomodate a solo woman guest in a bistro like lounge setting. I did not feel like I was sitting at a bar to eat. I do not take this for granted and appreciate when I feel comfortable and enjoy my meal in a restaurant while traveling solo. I have stayed at the Park Hyatt many times and find this to be consistently enjoyable. I welcome the chance to stay here, on business or as a tourist!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Markey2
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Markey2,

What a wonderful review to read! I am so happy to know how much you enjoyed our service and food and that you felt so comfortable while here. We thank you for visiting with us again and for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to the Nation's Capital.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in August 2013. Right from the moment we got down from the cab, every staff member we come across made us feel so welcome and special. Check in was quick. The luggage swiftly carried to the room.

We had a VIEW PREMIER Deluxe room. Very spacious, comfortable, more like a suite. With a separate seating area. A huge bathroom. Well stocked with great amenities.

In room dining was great. Their kitchen serves delicious meals.

The concierge desk is one of the best I have come across during this US trip. Even before I arrived, I had some queries. The concierge desk replied so promptly which reflects their eagerness to make your stay comfortable in every sense.

The hotel is very child friendly. They had already placed a cute stuff toy for my toddler. A small gesture which goes a long way to show that they care about the guests.

They have a good gym. Well maintained and great quality equipment.

Another great thing is the location. A short 5-10 minute walk to Georgetown which is a lovely area just to roam around and offers plenty of options to shop and eat. Restaurants shut early.
From Georgetown itself one can get on the ferry for a river cruise. Walk to the Lincoln Memorial is about 20-25 mins.

During the day, the hotel also offers a complimentary Sedan drop to areas nearby. Its on first come first serve basis i guess.

Would certainly love to stay at Park Hyatt whenever i visit Washington DC next.

Room Tip: View Premier Deluxe, front facing. You get a suite like space. A huge bathroom. Great Value For Mone...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank IBTEDA

Dear IBTEDA,

Wow! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful, detailed review of our hotel. It truly is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your recent visit, including the service of our team. I especially loved hearing about the panda that your toddler enjoyed. We appreciate your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back again - hopefully soon!

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night for a business meeting. Hotel is decorated well. Nice amenities. Upscale modern common areas and rooms. The also offered free wireless which was nice. I had two complaints. The bed has only one heavy comforter with no extra sheet. I tried to turn air down but was very hot with comforter. Finally figured out I could take the comforter a part to just have a sheet. So my sleep quality was not the best. My room was also across from a staff service room which they constantly were going in and out of banging the door making the room not very quiet. I was in room 430.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear ridge4me,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. While we strive to create a wonderful stay for our guests, it appears this was not was the case for you, and for that, please accept my sincerest apologies. I will be sure to pass along your comments with our Housekeeping management team to further review.

In an effort to prevent any future discomfort in your sleep, I've updated your profile to ensure you receive a top sheet on your bed so that you can remove the duvet should you wish. I've also added your preference for a quiet room. We do hope you will consider staying with us again when in D.C.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've stayed at the Park Hyatt Washington dozens of times and the service is exemplary, especially for an American hotel. The staff is friendly, efficient, and well-trained, and there are a lot of people to help with every service. During our most recent trip, we had a few minor glitches -- errors in room service orders and housekeeping forgot to service our room -- but these were noteworthy primarily because it is so rare for there to be a glitch in the service. The hotel itself is sleek and understated, and the rooms are comfortable and high quality overall, especially if you get a deluxe room. Good exercise facility. The Blue Duck Tavern is a superb restaurant -- one of the best in DC -- and the bar is first-rate (but don't go there if you want to watch a game as there are no TVs). The local neighborhood is nice -- K Street is nearby but the immediate area is residential.

Room Tip: It is a long walk to rooms at the far end of the corridors. Rooms near the elevator are quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear lllaroo,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your most recent stay with us. It sounds like you had a great stay, with the exception of your In Room Dining and Housekeeping experiences. I do apologize that our service was not up to par on this visit and appreciate your understanding as a valued repeat guest.

I am so glad that we have succeeded in providing you with wonderful service throughout the Hotel and memorable meals while staying with us. We look forward to being your hosts again!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife surprised me with a birthday trip to Washington D.C. as I had never been. We flew in late Friday night (after work, part of the surprise) so we got to the Park Hyatt near midnight. I could not help but notice the cherry blossom-painted glass enclosures in the lobby and the pleasant service at check-in. We went to the bar after dropping our bags and had some amazing cocktails and decent late-night food (lobster roll & fried chicken) as well as exemplary service from the bar staff. I am embarrassed that I waited so long to write this review that I forgot her name.

The room was comfortable but not exceptional, reasonably sized and well appointed. I was surprised that the emergency sprinklers were very obvious and not concealed in any way (maybe district code?). The next day our concierge, Amy, gave us excellent recommendations for brunch (Farmers, Fishers, Bakers), sight-seeing and dinner (Al Tiramisu) and after more drinks and conversation at the bar where they refused to charge me for my drink as it was my birthday, we returned to our room to find a complimentary bottle of wine and a birthday apple pie from their award-winning Blue Duck Tavern, fantastic! We never got a chance to go to the gym/spa so I am unable to give a rating.

Everyone on their staff made us feel special during our stay and I will whole-heartedly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to D.C. I look forward to staying there when next we visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Marc K,

Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like a wonderful surprise trip to DC that you and your wife both enjoyed. I am so happy to read how well our team took care of you on special day. We thank you for visiting with us and taking the time to share your feedback. We hope you both come stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the nation's capital.