“Gorgeous property and highly recommended”

Park Hyatt Washington
Ranked #24 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed at this hotel for 3 days and LOVED it! The hotel is gorgeous and looks very classy. One of the gems (at least in my opinion) is their lounge area. They have a beautiful tea collection and wine/wine/cheese station in the evening. The lighting, decor is absolutely gorgeous!

The service was phenomenal. The best we have had in any of our stays anywhere. Housekeeping, breakfast, cheese/wine (Thank you Lissa) and the lounge staff were just amazing! They made our son feel super welcome and responded to all of our requests right away and went beyond that.

The breakfast spread was one of the better ones we have had - The lemon/olive-oil coffee cake was YUM! The coffee was amazing and the jams/spreads were delish! (They make them on their own)

The carpets (in the hallway) were a little worn out, and would be the only thing I would point out as a negative.

Location - pretty good - Foggy bottom metro station is a 10 minute walk and there are nice restaurants and a whole foods right there close to the station.

Stay here, you will be NOT be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear TP_Travel_Chronicles,

Thank you for sharing such nice feedback on our hotel and award-winning Blue Duck Tavern restaurant. From reading your comments, it seems like you and your family had a terrific time staying with us and enjoyed our food & beverage offerings, including our evening cheese (a favorite of mine as well.) I will be sure to share your remarks with the rest our team. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Washington!

There are newer reviews for Park Hyatt Washington

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I hadn't been back to DC for almost 18 years. We took 3 rooms as family for 3 nights. The Park Hyatt is conveniently located on a quiet side street, but also walking distance from Georgetown. From the very beginning, we received great service at check-in and were not nickel-and-dimed for small requests. We received new complimentary bottles of water each day and any items that we forgot were already in the room. Additionally, there were fresh apples and pistachios in the hotel restaurant (Blue Duck Tavern) that the staff kindly allowed us to help ourselves to when available.

The rooms are very modern looking, comfortable, and spacious. The bath/shower glass door is covered halfway. This isn't really an inconvenience, but cold air does seep in until the shower warms up the whole bathroom. The beds are super comfortable, although there are no single sheets. We learned after the first night that we needed to keep the room temperature at the absolute minimum of 65 degrees to be comfortable during out July stay.

Truly the best asset of the hotel besides the service is the restaurant, which is phenomenal. Usually, you can find better restaurants in most big cities away from the hotel. But, this is a rare exception. Breakfasts and dinners at the Blue Duck Tavern are phenomenal!

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to make requests to the hotel staff, they are very accommodating.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Mdlnyc,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Park Hyatt Washington during your first visit back to DC. It sounds like you and your family had an enjoyable trip and are now big fans of our hotel and Blue Duck Tavern restaurant. We appreciate you taking the time to share such positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Whenever I go to DC, I try to stay here...I simply love this hotel which actually makes me feel like wanting to stay in my room (hotel rooms tend to depress me). I like the decor, the size of the room and bed, the toiletries, etc. A highpoint of one of my stays was when I was selected as "guest of the day" by the check-in staff with a free wish - I asked for a packed lunch for my son who was staying with me and at camp while I was working. They provided the most generous backpack full of goodies - amazing! Treated us like royalty, staff is excellent! Food is excellent too although a bit pricey - in particular at the bar.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear 72Travelbug,

Thank you for sharing such a complimentary review of our property. I am very happy to read how much you enjoyed your visit with us in the nation's capital. We hope to welcome you back again!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed at the Park Hyatt Washington over a weekend and was left unsatisfied. First off the room I stayed in was on the 3rd floor (the lowest floor with rooms) at the back of the hotel. The view of the gravel covered roof left me feeling like I was in a basement. The ice bucket with melted water at the bottom leftover from the previous guest did not improve my initial impression. The staff’s response to my comments was uniformly exasperated, with at least two eye rolls that I caught.

I also had several issues trying to book a spa appointment for my wife and myself. When I called the night prior to our stay I was told that only one person was on duty at the spa so our appointments would have to be consecutive and not simultaneous. When I called back 15 minutes later I was told that we could actually book simultaneous appointments and that the hotel would email me the details. The next morning I received an email that no spa appointments are available. When I checked into the hotel that afternoon the front desk told me that they had just booked the last appointment, so obviously appointments had been available in the morning. I lost track of how many different answers that we were given.

Pros: The lounge staff was helpful and accommodating and almost made up for the poor service from the front desk and room staff. Also, the location is fantastic, less than a five minute walk from Georgetown.

Overall, was a poor experience and definitely will not return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sam R
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This may be one of the best experiences you can have for a hotel. The service is extraordinary. The staff will call you by name after the first meeting. The hotel is sleek and modern. The Blue Duck is fantastic.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Geo0405
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very good room condition
and near the hot spot(george town)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Shin_yk79,

Thank you for staying with us recently. We are happy to read that you had a pleasant visit and enjoyed the location of our property. Should your travels bring you back to the nation's capital, we hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The Park Hyatt is a total home run. From the little things (like Le Labo products) to obvious (clean, open architecture), easily one of my personal favorites. Heck, this is my favorite Park Hyatt in the US (sorry Chicago!)

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Al_Dominick,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us! Your comments are most valued and have already been shared with our team. Everyone was extremely excited to hear that we are your favorite Park Hyatt property in the U.S. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!