Excellent spot for a last minute weekend in Washington DC. The hotel is nicely designed, clean, unfussy colors and lines, soothing to look at and be in. Had a nice suite end suite on the 10th floor with two balconies one overlooking M Street and the other right up against the wall of the neighboring building. Huge couch that took up most of the long thin living room, with a separate powder room, large walk-in closet, big bathroom with a walk-in shower and tub that was just as large as the closet. The only critique I'd offer is that, as mentioned elsewhere, the lighting and air-con controls are a little complicated to use and not intuitive. Perhaps this is a by product of have wheels on suitcases which nowadays eliminates being escorted to your room and being shown how everything works. One other thing that needs tweeking is a fit and finish item, the door to the suite squeaked loudly whenever you opened it, and the door to the toilet in the bathroom had warped and would not open/close without considerable effort. Others have mentioned being annoyed by the nearby firetruck - have to say we didn't hear it once.
Everyone on staff was welcoming and ready to accommodate. Breakfast in the Blueduck Tavern was well prepared, filled you up for the day ahead and the service was spot on.
The hotel might seem out of the way to some as it's not in the midst of the city center, Georgetown, or Dupont Circle, but it's easy enough to get to all those places by taxi, and in some cases on foot. The Lincoln Memorial is a straight shot down 23rd Street from the hotel and you can walk there in about 20 minutes. Similarly Dupont Circle and Georgetown are easy strolls away as well. The hotel has complimentary car service to nearby locations during the week, and perhaps the best perk was the complimentary bikes for guests to use. The bikes are loaned out for 4 hours and come with helmets, bike locks and water -so touring the Mall is a breeze. The concierge and front door staff all had great suggestions on where to go, how to get there and made sure we were comfortable with the bikes. Don't miss out on this perk.
All in all, a great base for a weekend in DC!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Hyatt Washington, located in the fashionable West End Georgetown neighborhood of the nation's capital, combines sophisticated modernism with classic American style. With its Tea Cellar offering rare and vintage tea selections, intimate Spa Room offering an array of services and treatments, redesigned flexible event and meeting space, and celebrated Blue Duck Tavern restaurant, Park Hyatt Washington offers guests a unique experience in the nation's capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Park Hyatt Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Hyatt Hotel Washington Dc
- Hyatt Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt