“Enjoyed my stay here..”

Ranked #21 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Enjoyed my stay here..”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

There was quite a mix of people staying here business travelers and sightseers , overall I really enjoyed the stay. The room was a nice size, clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only thing that bothered me about this hotel were the over privileged children whose parents couldn’t be bothered to watch them. The children RAN all over the place during breakfast, handled food at the buffet, then threw the food. No one said a word to the these children, not even the staff. I do believe that the staff should have interjected because these children did affect the experience of the other people eating in the morning. I liked the location, we were able to walk over to the monuments and enjoyed the nice spring weather. I would defiantly go back to this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 005Liz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was fortunate enough to visit the hotel last week. Unfortunately only for one night. I arrived around 9pm. The lobby staff got me checked in swiftly - including an upgrade to a very nice suite (will attach pictures). Coolest shower i have seen in US hotel. I stayed on the third floor, with a backside room, which was very quiet. Finding the gym was tricky as you have to exit into a stairwell at the end of the 3rd floor hallway - head down a couple flights of stairs. there was a spa (which was closed at that time of night) but the gym was very nice. half dozen treadmills, elliptical, weights (both free and machine). Water bottles, towels, and headphones for plugging into the machines. Breakfast the following morning in the restaurant for two of us was around $80. Location good. Place was pricey (even for DC) but would stay again if given the chance.

Room Tip: my room on the third floor - back side was quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Mathum M,

Thank you for your recent review of our property. It sounds like you very much enjoyed your stay, including your upgrade to a suite. If only you had more time to visit with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again.

SGP
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Park Hyatt, supposedly the top class among other Hyatt chain hotel, I expect nothing less. But sadly, it was a disappointment. Arrive at noon, was given a room at 3rd level. It has small window with slanted blind, old and tired looking. Being a business hotel, it doesn't even have ironing board in the room. Funny thing is, upon looking at the room, (when sending my luggage up) Bellman was apologetic and help to request for another room without being asked. It that mean i was given sub standard room in the first place?? If it doesn't meet the hotel standard, it should not have this kind of room in the first place.
An hour later was moved to higher floor. This room was slightly better. Better lighting, more window, bigger size (maybe coz it was corner), have ironing board in the room and much better shower area though it still have its old and tired look.
Room amenities is really lacking. No toothbrush, no shaver and no tea making service. I was given a better amenities and room at Hyatt regency Vancouver. Request for kettle and was delivered to the room at no extra cost. But you do need to bring your own tea bag or coffee since they only lend you the kettle to boil water.
Location was ok. There is a hospital and fire department at nearby block. So sometimes you can hear the sirens from the room. About 2-3 block away from Georgetown and metro. Walkable but not ideal. But the hotel provide sedan in the morning to send you anywhere within 5 miles.
Half of the time I need to open my own door since the doorman are not around. No biggies but reflect the service standard.
The only good thing in memory is the comfortable bed.
All in all.. Don't think is worth to pay that much for this hotel. Nothing really impress me to go back to the same hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank chummyyummy
Dear chummyyummy,

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. While we strive to create a wonderful experience for our guests, we clearly fell short during your visit and for that I am truly sorry. Please do accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences during your visit. I will be sure to share your comments with our management team for further review. Should you wan to discuss any of the opportunities further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at renee.eisman@hyatt.com.

Canton, Ohio
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

What a difference a year makes. Last year-great stay, loved it. This year... Started off in a room that smelled of smoke. I was moved, and upgraded, which was very nice.
Room was clean but, showing it age. Carpets in room and hotel look worn, wallpaper peeling in places, paint dingy. So surprised by the aging appearance of this hotel.
I just didn't feel it this trip. I must make a note of the prompt response from Andrew Davidson, General Manager. And although I did appreciate his response...it doesn't change the overall disappointment I felt this trip. For the $350+ a night, this should have been a much better experience.

• Stayed March 2013
Brielle, New Jersey
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Arrived for a two night stay with my 3 boys ages 6-11 and was welcomed and fawned over the entire time. This hotel knows how to perfectly treat a guest. When our bathroom shower wasnt working properly, they were mortified and we were immediately accomodated with a much larger room and "anything at all that would make our stay more comfortable" and the manager MEANT it! Treated like royalty is right! Well worth the $$$.

Room Tip: Pool/gym is off of floor 3
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jupidog,

Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay. We are so happy to read how much you and your boys enjoyed your stay with us, especially the service demonstrated by our staff. We look forward to welcoming you all back again soon.

Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Arriving early the staff (Josh) made arrangements for early entry to our suite. We were also able to upgrade from a smaller room to a suite which allowed our son to have privacy and made our stay seem more home-like. The modern room, was truly a work of art with attention to detail that made us look forward to returning to our oasis room from our busy days sightseeing. The location was perfect; 10 block walk to the monuments and 10 blocks to shopping in Georgetown. We loved the hotel and its service so much that we stayed an addtional night. A huge thanks to Emily for making those arrangements. I am recommending Park Hyatt and the lovely city of DC to all of our friends!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

From the minute my taxi arrived, the staff at the Hyatt took care of me right away. They were all very attentive. The room was modern, well lit, and super comfortable. The shower rain in the luxurious bathroom was a bonus. The fitness room was nice, clean, and had newer equipment. The pool area looked cleaned and inviting too. Good location near Georgetown. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank LorenasTravels
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear LorenasTravels,

Thank you for sharing such a lovely review of our hotel. It truly sounds like you had a terrific time staying with us and really enjoyed our property. We appreciate you taking the time to share such positive feedback, which I will be sure to share with the rest of our team. We look forward to welcoming you back again.