“Looked nice but not quite up to the $$$$”

Park Hyatt Washington
Ranked #24 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights while at a conference. Stands as the most expensive hotel I have ever stayed at so I was curious to see how it would stack up. Certainly visually appealing and always 2 doormen opening doors. The hotel restaurant was excellent and is one of Washington's best eateries. The room looked great and was very spacious. I really liked the bathroom with the rain shower.
But... One of the phones didn't work in the room and was never successfully fixed. The was a big white box beside the bed which may have been a radio??? No instructions or signs of life from that. Plus no greetings as I came or left hotel.
I hope that is not related to solo female traveller . Just seemed big and impersonal.

When arriving at Toronto Shangri-la hotel, I was greeted and escorted to my room and had the amenities explained to me which would have gone a long way to making this park Hyatt seem more approachable. Otherwise I just couldn't see what all the extra money was for.
Location was great, Washington was super, so I'll be back to DC but not likely the Park Hyatt.

• Stayed: November 2012
There are newer reviews for Park Hyatt Washington

Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I took our 3 sons to DC for Thanksgiving weekend. I was worried that the Park Hyatt was too far from everything we wanted to do, but I was wrong. There is a Metro stop only a few blocks away making it possible to go everywhere including Arlington National Cemetery. The rooms were beautiful, spacious and luxurious. Our package included breakfast at the Blue Duck Tavern every morning and it was usually the highlight of my day! However, I must say the amazing hotel staff is what made the visit memorable. I wish I knew the name of the lovely maid who cleaned our room. Sean, the Concierge, was invaluable in recommending restaurants and even making reservations while we were sightseeing! The front desk was accommodating and the door men incredibly helpful, and informative. I would never stay anywhere else when I return to DC.

Room Tip: Our room was right by the elevators. First time ever that even this was not an issue! The Hyatt of...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear 4boysPennsylvanica,

Thank you for staying with us over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend! I am happy to read how much you and your family enjoyed your stay - from the room to the service to the cuisine of Blue Duck Tavern. It sounds like you were really able to appreciate the city and do a lot of sightseeing. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Facilities are great -- well maintained, great interior design, spacious and great location (just a block from washington square and very near to Dupont circle). However, what impressed me the most was the genuine friendliness of the staff. A great and memorable stay..definitely would want to stay there again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Eas_Bandung,

Thank you for sharing such a lovely review of our property! I am so happy to see how much you enjoyed your visit, especially the service you received from our team. We aim to provide a wonderful experience for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is a very well run hotel. As other reviewers have also noted, the staff are more than just business-like, and are very friendly and helpful. I arrived at 7 a.m. and was given access to my room right away. Excellent restaurant and tea room. The rooms are well appointed. As a small irritant, the basic (free) wifi is slow and appears to cut off at times, even when only using the computer for standard items like e-mails. Overall, a fine place to be in DC.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RPM59
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I should preface this review by stating that we are Diamond members but something tells me that this hotel goes out of its way to provide great service to all their guests.
We stayed in the Executive Suite for my birthday at the end of September and it was fabulous. Rooms are amazing and service is top notch - nothing is impossible here. The bathrooms are to die for - I didnt want to leave! They allowed us breakfast in-room. Food is made of the freshest ingredients - portions are on the small side but the quality more than made up for it. This was truly a stay to remember and a great way to celebrate my birthday.
Only complaint - Wish they had found a way to acknowledge my special day.

We are heading back to celebrate the New Year here. Hotel is pricy but worth every red cent! :-)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear GhLez,

Happy belated birthday, and thank you for sharing such a lovely review of our property. It sounds like you had a wonderful celebration in the nation's capital. I am delighted to read that you will be returning again in a few weeks. Should you need anything prior to your visit, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have traveled around the world with a group of friends. This is the first hotel that had compliments only. Besides its great location, comfortable rooms and delicious food at the Blue Duck.... what the Park Hyatt has is a Staff that is clearly committed to making your visit a pleasure - whether the Hotel Staff or Restaurant - same experience - Excellence in Service. They will do whatever it takes - THANK YOU!

Room Tip: We always go for high floor rooms, people like to sleep with windows open.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear MariOn51_12,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review. It is a please to read how much you and your friends enjoyed your recent stay with us. I have gone ahead and shared your comments with the rest of our team. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed 5 nights in Novmeber at the Park Hyatt. We received excellent service from all of the staff, parking valet, doorman, reception desk, concergie, restaurant and even engineering when we had some A/C problems that were quickly resolved.

Nice rooms, but a little strangely laid out closet area in the bathroom. Limited to 2 baskets and some shelves for clothing storage,plus hanging area. Living room area could of used a small couch instead of the 3 lounge type chairs.

Food in the Blue Duck restaurant was very good. We ate several breakfasts and one dinner in the Blue Duck.

The hotel is within easy walking distance to Georgetown shops and restaurants. Also the metro is an easy 4 block walk.

Highly recommend.

Room Tip: You probably don't need a car if you are visiting the DC area, unless you need to head out of to...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple