“Sanctuary”

Park Hyatt Washington
Ranked #24 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is a quiet, luxurious sanctuary -- dramatic, modern, tasteful, not at all institutional or stuffy but also not aggressively hip. Some hotels do not look anything like their glossy online photos in real life - this one exceeds them.The bathrooms in particular are exceptional, as is the gorgeous design of the lobby and the bar. The view in my room was underwhelming even on a high floor, but the rooms and decor have a moody, night-time feel so that didn't bother me. My only complaint is that the Blue Duck restaurant/room service situation was, based on our two meals, more expensively done than... actually good. But the gorgeous silver platters are fun and the food definitely LOOKS very impressive.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katie D
There are newer reviews for Park Hyatt Washington

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was staying at the park hyatt for a small business meeting I had there for 2 nights. The staff are extremely professional and friendly. The decor of the hotel is great and everything is well maintained and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay very much. The room rate is on the high side but the hotel is big enough for a meeting group or two and you don't feel that you are lost roaming around a huge hotel.

I was at this hotel a few years ago for a conference in the ballroom and since I was there they have completely remodeled and updated the meeting space. It used to be nothing special and kind of on the dark side. It's not that way anymore. They transformed that space to be light and bright with a lot of great touches and new furniture and now the space is much brighter(literally). The lounge area for the meeting space was also new and they did a great job of making use of some dead space.

I would return here if I were to have another meeting in the DC area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelinKenChi
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear TravelinLeather,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the newly renovated meeting space! I also think the designers did a great job with enhancing both the lighting and the use of space. I'm pleased to know how much you enjoyed your most recent experience with us and we do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon - for a meeting or for leisure. Thank you again, I will be sure to pass along your lovely comments to the rest of our team!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here in the Park suite and the Executive suite. Both have very modern decor and the bathrooms are incredibly awesome. The Park suite bedroom is a highlight because two sides of the room are entirely windows. The service is wonderful and the one time we had a problem with check-in the staff went above and beyond to rectify the situation and left us feeling very happy with Hyatt. If you stay here I highly recommend breakfast in the Blue Duck Tavern... delicious food and lovely setting.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jumbotex
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear jumbotex,

Thank you for your recent review of our property. Our staff is pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your visit in our Park Suite & Park Executive Suite, with breakfast at Blue Duck Tavern. I agree about our bathrooms, and wish mine at home looked the same! Should your travels bring you back to D.C., please come see us again.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The Park Hyatt in Washington , DC has to be one of the best if not the best hotel in the world that I have stayed in. The staff is absolutely wonderful! From the doorman, to the concierge, to the personnel at the front desk, to the housekeeping staff, to the hostesses and servers in the restaurants you are treated as royalty. I have never experienced such service and I travel throughout the world. The hotel is an oasis in the nation's capital. The rooms are beautiful. The food in the restaurant is outstanding and unique. The tea salon is unbelievable. The hotel is in a great part of the city which is like your own neighborhood. It's a close walk to the energy of Georgetown. Cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank James M

Dear James M,

Wow, thank you for sharing such an amazing review! It is truly a delight to hear how much you enjoyed our hotel, from all aspects of our service, decor, and cuisine. You are truly an advocate of our property! I will be sure to pass along your lovely comments to the rest of our team. Thank you again, and please do come see us soon!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Everything about the Park Hyatt was perfect- from the warm welcome on our arrival and the great service throughout our stay until the moment we checked out. The location is great as it is only a short walk to all that Georgetown has to offer and is a 20-30 minute walk to The National Mall. The neighborhood helps one to feel that you are staying in a residence and not a hotel. I highly recommend the Park Hyatt Washington to everyone looking for a great place to stay in our nation's Capitol.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear flfama,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review of our property. I am pleased to read how much you enjoyed our property, including our location. As you experienced, we are central to public transportation, along with shopping, dining and culture. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Hotel seemed fine except that the internet service in the room was virtually unworkable. Spent too much time with staff complaining with no resolution. The hotel otherwise seemed to work very well--nicely appointed and very friendly staff. One merely needs to be sure they are in a room with functioning net

Room Tip: Insist on available internet service
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I really liked staying at this hotel. I appreciated a good location a few blocks from the Foggy Bottom Metro Station. The staff were very good (first of all the front desk). My room was spacious, nice and clean. The food selection for breakfest might be richer, wider. The staff at the restaurant during breakfast seemed to be a little confused and disorganized.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business